Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

3 times yesterday we put the ball across the 6 yard box,

Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:32 am

3 times yesterday we have put the ball across the 6 yard box, no one has been anywhere near getting on the end of it. Our attack is the bluntest it has been in a long time.

Re: 3 times yesterday we put the ball across the 6 yard box,

Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:42 am

Lets hope meite and farmer dido are not here next season and if we do not do well in the summer transfer wise IE a proven striker and a big rebuild a lot of fans will not be turning up

Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:08 am

Ninian27 wrote:3 times yesterday we have put the ball across the 6 yard box, no one has been anywhere near getting on the end of it. Our attack is the bluntest it has been in a long time.

i was screaming for them to get into there, so many players in the past would of scored atleast two of those balls across the box, mark harris would of scored them ffs.

Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:16 am

Our attack is awful isn't it. I watched Meite closely yesterday and, although he put in a shift, he just wasn't a threat. His hold up play was OK but his lay-offs were poor. I think he had 1 shot from what I can remember and he didn't really connect with it. He's just so easy to defend against. For the centre back marking him, it was like a stroll in the park yet Meite looked like he was playing to his maximum potential.

Then u look at the bench and think who's gonna improve on him??? There is no1, the ex Bristol guy doesn't offer much. Etete would still get the nod over both for me, but he's not much better. It's pityful.

We are a striker away from being a decent team. Surely to god we'll get one in the next window

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:53 pm

Cardiff has been the graveyard for strikers for the past 15 years. Keiffer was the exception for 12 months

Chopra and Boothroyd last decent partnership virtually nothing since

We create nothing from midfield absolutely nothing

Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:05 pm

Remember a time when midfielders made runs beyond the strikers....Can't remember when I last saw Ralls in the box, don't think Siopis even knows where it is, but surely that's Turnbull's then Rambo's role?