Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Why he left “

Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:49 am

Cardiffs GoalKeeping James Wood coach is off to Rangers.

He left of his own accord due to everyone at the club not knowing their futures?

Nobody is certain of future, and an offer came in.

Re: “ Why he left “

Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:51 am

Goalkeeper coach leaves

Academy and former first-team goalkeeping coach James Wood has left the club.

Wood, the son of former Cardiff City goalkeeper George Wood, stepped up to fill the first-team goalkeeper coach role last season after Sabri Lamouchi let Graham Stack go.

After Bulut and Co rolled in, with Mario Galinovic named first-team goalkeeper coach, Wood stepped back into his position of academy coach. Wood had coached within City's academy since 2018.

Writing on social media at the weekend, he said: "Today marked my last day at Cardiff City, what a journey it has been since the day it started.

"To coach my hometown club at all levels was a dream. I’ve met wonderful people along the way who’ve become friends. Can’t thank my colleagues enough, it’s been a blast. Onto the next journey."

Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:07 am

cant blame him. The club is run so bad, when we are loosing staff members and players moaning because they dont know what the future holds for them and the manager.

Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:39 am

Poor leadership from Tan and cronies again. They are the blueprint for command and control leadership which doesn’t work nowadays.

People need clarity and these clowns thrive on uncertainty it seems.

Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:59 am

Don’t blame him.

But according to some it’s just Bulut deflecting :lol:

Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:45 pm

He doesn't say he left because of not knowing what was happening? academy coaches tend to leave on own accord for better jobs in this case from city's academy to rangers 1st team goalie coach? Yes situation at city chaotic but in this case he doesn't indicate this was a problem more a career move unless of course someone knows more....