Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Erol Bulut:”We need clearness for the players & me”

Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:34 pm

Erol Bulut:

"I've said before that clearness is always good," he said. "For the team. For the club and also for the coaching staff. When you don't have clearness it can happen that players are more relaxed and are not pushing.“

"We have the situation now where with 56 points we're in mid-table, but as the manager, I'm not going to accept this. To be relaxed. So how we did in the second half today. Against Ipswich. Against Coventry. That's what I'm expecting from my players for the next five games.

"I can't be relaxed, so they can't be relaxed. Also for the future of the players it's important. Next season the club can try and build on the team. So every individual player still has to push their performance high for the last five games."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Erol Bulut:”We need clearness for the players & me”

Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:29 pm

If we weren't so negative and dire in the first half week in week out we would go into the second half more positive , can't he see the first half is the problem

Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:35 pm

blueboyboyblue wrote:If we weren't so negative and dire in the first half week in week out we would go into the second half more positive , can't he see the first half is the problem

Exactly mate. It’s so frustrating. The press in the 2nd half showed a much better situation. We got back into it, then The 3rd goal ended the game and that was a complete joke. 100% amateur free kick.

Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:44 pm

Dear Erol,

Here's a bit of clearness for you and the players.

You are all employed by the club for the whole season.

You are all getting handsomely rewarded to do the best you can for the club for the next five games.

That means stop the moaning and whining and do everything that you can to win the remaining five games of the season.

See where that takes you.

And FFS give the youngsters a chance in every game from now until the end of the season.

You're welcome.

Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:52 pm

Get rid , he's paid massively, fed up of his deflection now ,

Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:58 pm

Change the record Bulut, you're getting as boring as your team tactics.

Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:03 pm

Points wise it’s been a pretty good season..we all would have accepted 56pts with 5 games left

But it’s also been such a frustrating and tedious season

Inconsistent, boring, negative football

One week high energy and total commitment, next game couldn’t care less attitude and sloppy performance

I’ve been bored of this season for months

Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:29 pm

Whether you want him to stay or go, surely everyone will agree with this.

We can talk about performances but he’s spot on about the future planning.

One of the bad ways this club is run is that there’s no future planning.

He doesn’t help himself by going to the press like this though. One thing Tan doesn’t like is being criticised by his employee in public - as is the case with all dictators.

Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:31 pm

wez1927 wrote:Get rid , he's paid massively, fed up of his deflection now ,

And who should replace him?

I mean someone who would work with our lunatic owner, so forget Cooper.

It would more than likely be someone similar to Morison or Hudson.

Maybe even the football genius Darren Purse.

People should be careful what they wish for.

Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:26 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Whether you want him to stay or go, surely everyone will agree with this.

He doesn’t help himself by going to the press like this though. One thing Tan doesn’t like is being criticised by his employee in public - as is the case with all dictators.

Despite his inconsistent tactics we are only extra 3 wins away from playoffs and those were missed by those same inconsistent tactics at home particularly..... so there is something there to build on especially now hes had a full season in championship which as we know is hardest league to play in ..... the big question is why can't the club "tan" plan for more than one season? Can't for life of me think of why they can't say if bulut is staying or going ... it certainly won't help season ticket sales this uncertainty ..

Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:26 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

There are plenty of good managers out there who can work on a limited budget with mediocre players. I’ll name a few just for dits…….

1. Ryan Lowe (Preston)
2. Gary Rowett (Caretaker manager Birmingham)
3. Des Buckingham (Oxford United)

We are ‘paying fans’ we deserve better than sideways football! At least under Warnock we would have a go against anyone.. Bulut needs to go.

Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:36 pm

ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

There are plenty of good managers out there who can work on a limited budget with mediocre players. I’ll name a few just for dits…….

1. Ryan Lowe (Preston)
2. Gary Rowett (Caretaker manager Birmingham)
3. Des Buckingham (Oxford United)

We are ‘paying fans’ we deserve better than sideways football! At least under Warnock we would have a go against anyone.. Bulut needs to go.

Preston are only four points ahead of us and have better players than us.

Birmingham have won one of their last nine (against Preston coincidentally).

Buckingham is just following on from the work done by Manning.

Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:37 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Whether you want him to stay or go, surely everyone will agree with this.

Despite his inconsistent tactics we are only extra 3 wins away from playoffs and those were missed by those same inconsistent tactics at home particularly..... so there is something there to build on especially now hes had a full season in championship which as we know is hardest league to play in ..... the big question is why can't the club "tan" plan for more than one season? Can't for life of me think of why they can't say if bulut is staying or going ... it certainly won't help season ticket sales this uncertainty ..

Totally agree Allan.

Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:57 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Totally agree Allan.

Ned I just don't think we are that bad a side.... yes performances have been extremely poor but look behond those and we are not far off a playoff team Despite players called lower league duffs ect ect .... lot of the problems stem from buluts lack of experience of the championship! hes trying to play as if in Turkey which is never going to work... I actually thought we looked the most controlled at back when passing all season..... 3rd goal was buluts fault he distracted phillips by shouting at him..... there are problems but mostly from management's failure to make a decision on buluts future it needs sorting today not end season.

Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:00 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

3 wins away by luck not by tactics. We are so lucky the majority of teams in this division have been so inconsistent.

Dalman no doubt thought he’d got his man to plan for more than one season but I like a lot of others and also Tan can see he isn’t the right man.

If for instance a new investor has been found and negotiations are ongoing and the investors have a new man such as Cooper waiting in the wings, then you let Bulut to get on with what he is paid to do,giving Bulut time to show he is up to the task for next season should the investment fail. In this respect Bulut continues to show he is very much not up for the job

Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:31 pm

bluelover wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

3 wins away by luck not by tactics. We are so lucky the majority of teams in this division have been so inconsistent.

Dalman no doubt thought he’d got his man to plan for more than one season but I like a lot of others and also Tan can see he isn’t the right man.

If for instance a new investor has been found and negotiations are ongoing and the investors have a new man such as Cooper waiting in the wings, then you let Bulut to get on with what he is paid to do,giving Bulut time to show he is up to the task for next season should the investment fail. In this respect Bulut continues to show he is very much not up for the job

Why not say all our wins were lucky? You make your own luck .... by same token how many games were we unlucky to lose or draw ? As they say table never lies on that basis we have been ten times better than previous 4 yrs is that Despite bulut?? Is he right man for Job next season time will tell if tan thinks so.

Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:04 am

Erol Bulut:

“You can lose, but you have to fight and give everything to try to win. Not like the first half, but if you fight like we did in the second, it was much better.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:36 am

Why get rid of a manger that has taken us to our highest in years?
Give him another year at least UNLESS of course there's a buyer in the box yesterday who doesn't want him?

Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:56 am

After 41 games under bulut, can anyone describe our style of play?

Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:57 am

JulesK wrote:Why get rid of a manger that has taken us to our highest in years?
Give him another year at least UNLESS of course there's a buyer in the box yesterday who doesn't want him?

"Highest in years" makes us sound serial losers, its two seasons.

Since the move to the CCS its been 4th, 6th, 1st, premier, 11th, 8th, 12th, 2nd, premier, 5th, 8th, 18th, 21st

Bulut us not leading us to the promised land. He is competent, better than anything since Mad Mick and may even get another championship gig. IMO we are not Bristol City or Plymouth I expect more

Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:31 am

llan bluebird wrote:

Since the move to the CCS its been 4th, 6th, 1st, premier, 11th, 8th, 12th, 2nd, premier, 5th, 8th, 18th, 21st

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well said. Last year as a yardstick is a pathetic mentality.

Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:47 am

Watching Hull's movement up front was enjoyable. Until the Club sign players like JP and Carvahlio, we will play sideways. Who the Manager is irrelevant in this case. Yet Rosenior may lose his job, which is a sad reflection on the game really.

Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:49 am

Bulut’s style in Turkey was pretty decent and had the players to play his system.

People still think our attackers are “top-6”, which is hilarious.

Just look at all the teams above us and look at their forwards, wingers and CMs - you can see a lot of have a lot more spark than our lot.

Extend Bulut, sign players that suit his system and not sign players our club suggest because they don’t have a clue.

Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:58 am

SB 1927 wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well said. Last year as a yardstick is a pathetic mentality.

My apologies I said in years as I couldn't be arsed to check. Don't know what's with the pathetic comment though or are you another just used to the good times?

Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:03 am

llan bluebird wrote:

Bulut us not leading us to the promised land. He is competent, better than anything since Mad Mick and may even get another championship gig. IMO we are not Bristol City or Plymouth I expect more

Serial losers ? LMFHAO. Listen to the usual suspects and we'll be back in the dungeon division before long.

Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:11 am

imagine having a family to feed and going to work every day not knowing if in the very near future your going to be working or not.

its bad for the players and manager, us fans are sick of it too we need to know asap what the plan is.

there is lots not renewing their season tickets untill they know what the plans are, i cant blame them the last few years has been horrific

Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:24 am

Just give the man his bleeding contract Tan, put us all out if our misery. It's obviously you and you alone that is holding this up. Just bloody do it already. This delay is just pathetic!!! Yet more evidence to suggest you shouldn't be anywhere near this sport!!!

Granted you may not sell many season tickets coz the football is such a hard watch but he's delivered you a mid table finish by stopping the rot so do the right thing.

And while you're at it, finance him a decent striker and who knows. We may start passing beyond the half way line a little more!!!

Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:40 am

kyle08 wrote:imagine having a family to feed and going to work every day not knowing if in the very near future your going to be working or not.

its bad for the players and manager, us fans are sick of it too we need to know asap what the plan is.

there is lots not renewing their season tickets untill they know what the plans are, i cant blame them the last few years has been horrific

Fans don’t understand this and forget the emotional and mental aspects of any job.

We have been run with mediocrity and this is what fans are expecting. It’s not just as simple as a manager and money, look at Chelsea recently, being run awfully. Look at Brentford, run well.

Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:55 am

kyle08 wrote:imagine having a family to feed and going to work every day not knowing if in the very near future your going to be working or not.

100% Kyle 100%. Need a good finish to the season ,blood a few youngsters and plan early for next.

Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:03 pm

I think there is a wider debate to be had in what type of football do we want as a majority.

I have flip-flopped on Bulut since Christmas. To me it's plain to see he is a good manager who knows the time of day and has maximised the squad. I can take losses and history shows we are poor at recruiting managers. But Christ, it's a hard watch.

It reminds me of when Gazza went to Lazio, early 90's when Italian football was king. Channel four secured the rights to Serie A at 2pm on Sunday afternoon.....perfect. A couple of pints lunchtime back for the football except it was shit, slow, boring and uneventful and the viewing figure dropped dramatically after the initial fanfare. We are just not set up to watch football chess.

I am still unsure if Erol is German or Turkish, but he is Italian in his football philosophy and its tough to watch when brought up on 442 getting it forward, flick ons, and cold freezing wet windy winters. I know we have a large constituent who wants a "progressive" game but they seem to be his biggest critics.

One thing I agree with everyone on is we need to make a decision now.