Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BULUT OUT FOR ME TO DEFENSIVE

Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:47 pm

Seen enough all season some games like ipswich we have been lucky but today boring defensive negative tactics nothing to loose but we sit back all tge dirst half they walked the 2 goals in. And then we gave them the 3rd goal why are we not getting at teams frim rhe off and before anyone tells me we don't have the players we alk now that but whatever you have on the pitch you can set up to attack
We stood off 45 mins and wat hed them walk it into the net
Things will not change if bulut had a prem team its very bori g to wat h and today with nothung to loise

Re: BULUT OUT FOR ME TO DEFENSIVE

Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:49 pm

Apologies for shocking spelling but have no glasses and have just sat down in the pub brew house kitchen.

Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:53 pm

I get what you’re saying, it’s a fair point.

But I still think he should stay next season.

He has us on course for a top half finish despite limited transfer fees spent.

If we want to bridge that gap to the top six, we have to invest in the squad.

Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:57 pm

montyblue wrote:Seen enough all season some games like ipswich we have been lucky but today boring defensive negative tactics nothing to loose but we sit back all tge dirst half they walked the 2 goals in. And then we gave them the 3rd goal why are we not getting at teams frim rhe off and before anyone tells me we don't have the players we alk now that but whatever you have on the pitch you can set up to attack
Things will not change if bulut had a prem team its very bori g to wat h and today with nothung to loise

Totally agree with you mate. That first half was dire. No press, backward and sideways passing, no pace and one of the most boring halves of football I've seen. There were many times when our striker was 30 yards inside our half and Hull were still passing it between their defenders.

Second half was a bit better but still not good enough.

The players are too concerned with defending cos that's the way Bulut wants them to play.

Shocking!

Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:11 pm

MikeO76 wrote:
montyblue wrote:Seen enough all season some games like ipswich we have been lucky but today boring defensive negative tactics nothing to loose but we sit back all tge dirst half they walked the 2 goals in. And then we gave them the 3rd goal why are we not getting at teams frim rhe off and before anyone tells me we don't have the players we alk now that but whatever you have on the pitch you can set up to attack

Totally agree with you mate. That first half was dire. No press, backward and sideways passing, no pace and one of the most boring halves of football I've seen. There were many times when our striker was 30 yards inside our half and Hull were still passing it between their defenders.

The players are too concerned with defending cos that's the way Bulut wants them to play.

Shocking!

Thanks for agreeing i thought it was just me havung a rant but its been basically the same all season way to catious they score and we are chasing the game if i was grant who was the only one who put a shift and was still trying on 90 mins i would be glad to leave a defensive team how about throwing caution to the wind and going for it i just don' t think bulut can set up to attack and thats why i think he should go if thats all we can produce today .

Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:13 pm

Bulut is only doing the best out of the poor squad we got.
I can guarantee you if Bulut had a good amount of transfer money then he would bring in
the right players for his tactics and that would boost the whole 1st team with quality players.
But sadly it will never happen at this club under Tan.

Plus like i keep saying
Bulut never managed in this country before so as a 1st season i think he did really good.
But then again there are a load of fans that would like to see the back of him.

Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:19 pm

I have been saying the same for months. Honestly never been so bored as this season. Negative football with a total lack of quality and desire.

Most of these players look like they can't be arsed and definitely not putting 100 percent in for the shirt.

My twelve year old daughter said after Sunderland game don't renew dad it's pathetic. Hard to disagree with her.

Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:24 pm

I’m all for giving a manager a longer contract but please not a manager who plays this type of football at home. Defensive football might work away on occasions but honestly we have been so so lucky winning a number of games this season when clearly being second best. Just how many games have we been the dominant team. The players we have aren’t that bad, we were all relatively pleased with our summer and January signings but teams with players who aren’t anything special have outplayed us even on the back of significant losing runs. Yes Hull do have some good players but they haven’t won a game for ages and yet here we are…yet again beaten at home

Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:57 pm

I have been a Bulut critic from very early on where I spotted worrying trends. I don’t like it, I’d rather him fill me with hope and confidence, sadly he has not. His post match interview earlier says it all. He described each goal like a journalist not a manager . No accountability. No flexibility, no variety, I cannot stick these tactics , side to side , so predictable. We deserve better, we would be higher with a better manager and maybe on less wages. I can’t stick another season of this guys football. I will be there if he stays, but man , Slade, Harris and Morissons teams had more about them than this. Erol was outgunned by a hapless Wayne Rooney, a national league manager in Luke Williams and Sunderland’s kids.

But, if he goes, another man comes in , and has to work under this amateur regime. We are stagnant and beginning to rot. And that is because of Vincent Tan. He will not listen to football men. The worst football owner in my lifetime of any team. I want Bulut out, but not as much as our anonymous, ignorant dictator who refuses to accept responsibility .

Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:00 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:I have been a Bulut critic from very early on where I spotted worrying trends. I don’t like it, I’d rather him fill me with hope and confidence, sadly he has not. His post match interview earlier says it all. He described each goal like a journalist not a manager . No accountability. No flexibility, no variety, I cannot stick these tactics , side to side , so predictable. We deserve better, we would be higher with a better manager and maybe on less wages. I can’t stick another season of this guys football. I will be there if he stays, but man , Slade, Harris and Morissons teams had more about them than this. Erol was outgunned by a hapless Wayne Rooney, a national league manager in Luke Williams and Sunderland’s kids.

But, if he goes, another man comes in , and has to work under this amateur regime. We are stagnant and beginning to rot. And that is because of Vincent Tan. He will not listen to football men. The worst football owner in my lifetime of any team. I want Bulut out, but not as much as our anonymous, ignorant dictator who refuses to accept responsibility .

On the flip side and just playing devil’s advocate here, he outgunned McKenna and Robins.

Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:03 pm

I don't particularly rate Bulut, and if he stays I won't be remotely excited for next season...however I think he deserves his new contract purely on the amount of points his side have accumulated this season.

We were all hoping for a mid table finish where we might flirt with the play-offs and that's pretty much what he's delivered.

Him and Dalman probably did the gentlemans handshake on this at the start of the season so we need to follow through on our promise now. Give the man what he wants so we can all move on!

Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:45 pm

bluelover wrote:I’m all for giving a manager a longer contract but please not a manager who plays this type of football at home. Defensive football might work away on occasions but honestly we have been so so lucky winning a number of games this season when clearly being second best. Just how many games have we been the dominant team. The players we have aren’t that bad, we were all relatively pleased with our summer and January signings but teams with players who aren’t anything special have outplayed us even on the back of significant losing runs. Yes Hull do have some good players but they haven’t won a game for ages and yet here we are…yet again beaten at home

So frustrating to watch there players had so much time on the ball we stood off and waited to see what they did with it
Warnock ball we all got p.ssed off with but having a choice of the 2 styles i would prefer warnock at least we where in the oppositions half and there faces.

Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:46 pm

Bullutt likes to attack after the game is lost...been lucky in some games but for me shocking manager..very good at upping the opposition while deflating out players with his negativity.. very hard to watch them these days..just nothing to get excited about.. taxi for bullutt id say

Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:12 pm

montyblue wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:

Shocking!

Thanks for agreeing i thought it was just me havung a rant but its been basically the same all season way to catious they score and we are chasing the game if i was grant who was the only one who put a shift and was still trying on 90 mins i would be glad to leave a defensive team how about throwing caution to the wind and going for it i just don' t think bulut can set up to attack and thats why i think he should go if thats all we can produce today .

Good post but slightly disagree about our players abilities... its more buluts lack of experience of championship hes playing as if in Turkey? if you think about it we've lost games because of his obsession with defending 0-0 from start of game particularly at home...... i believe with a championship savvy manager we would have won several of those games and we would be in playoffs ...if our players are as poor as you say they are we wouldn't be so high up the league no matter who manager was.... its very frustrating knowing if we had attacked teams more we would unquestionably be in playoffs as would have got 3 or 4 more victories.... maybe things would be different for him if he got the players he wanted because be able to play his way with the right players in right positions

Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:28 am

Sam ReaN wrote:Bulut is only doing the best out of the poor squad we got.
I can guarantee you if Bulut had a good amount of transfer money then he would bring in
the right players for his tactics and that would boost the whole 1st team with quality players.
But sadly it will never happen at this club under Tan.

Plus like i keep saying
Bulut never managed in this country before so as a 1st season i think he did really good.
But then again there are a load of fans that would like to see the back of him.

The myth of the poor squad ay this is not a poor squad you have players that have played premier league and even champions league, the fact is that buluts tactics are dire and a proven championship manger would get more out of then

Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 am

Wez, how much is Bulut on? And where is this info from?

I still think he should stay. We would have bitten hands off to have been 11th at this stage before the season started.

Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:22 pm

Everyone in the Bulut Out camp will point to this as the main reason they want him out.

I'm 50/50 still because Bulut has not been given a striker. Get a proper striker in and we could see a different strategy.

Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:18 pm

Please please get rid of him I must be right even Wez is saying so!!!

Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:55 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

Everyone in the Bulut Out camp will point to this as the main reason they want him out.

I'm 50/50 still because Bulut has not been given a striker. Get a proper striker in and we could see a different strategy.

The teams not full of duds that's been portrade on here just some not able to do what bulut wants..... if he got the players he wanted I'm sure would see a different way of playing? We have seen it at times but not consistently .... for someone who is new to championship with one hand tied behind his back he's done an excellent job in context of previous seasons... give him next season with players he wants then judge him because I'm positive we will be top 6 afterall almost made it with team of rejects and loans

Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:58 am

Bakedalasker wrote:

I've heard quite a few say this about a striker. However Bulut's had 3 this season, all proven strikers.

Ugbo
Cardiff: 20 apps - 4 goals
Sheff Wed: 14 apps - 6 goals
Career before Cardiff: 183 apps - 50 goals

Meite
Cardiff: 35 apps - 1 goal
Reading: 156 apps - 42 goals
Career before Cardiif: 247 apps - 60 goals

Didhiou
Cardiff: 11 apps - 1 goal
Bristol City: 169 apps - 51 goals
Career before Cardiff: 355 apps - 117 goals

All have very good stats before signing for Cardiff. Then it all goes down hill under Bulut.

Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:31 am

Roath_Blue wrote:Wez, how much is Bulut on? And where is this info from?

I still think he should stay. We would have bitten hands off to have been 11th at this stage before the season started.

800k was the answer I got on here the other day. Honestly, I think he is disillusioned with the whole club leadership and will walk end of season anyway.

Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:16 am

People's expectations have risen beyond belief, if at the end of last season with a transfer embargo, Dalman offered you a top half finish and a comfortable season 90% of fans would have snapped his hand off, some fans have forgotten that we were right in the shit.

Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:21 am

MikeO76 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

I've heard quite a few say this about a striker. However Bulut's had 3 this season, all proven strikers.

Ugbo

Meite

Didhiou

All have very good stats before signing for Cardiff. Then it all goes down hill under Bulut.

A fine example of the phrase "lies, dam lies , then there's statistics.

Didhiou was a desperation move in my view that hasn't worked out,he was'nt getting much first team football where he was and is not half the player he was at the wurzels.Meite was another that I think was brought in as a wide man more than a striker and Ugbo has scored 10 in 34 apps this season,not bad I suppose but for me never worked hard enough.The fact is we were after a top line striker all season but couldn't get one for whatever reason.Put that fact togeather with a fit Rambo and O'Dowda and I think we'd would have had a much better season-not too shabby in my view for someone who's had to word under difficult circumstances.I think we are ontrack and would like to see him given another season.

Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:19 pm

JulesK wrote:

800k was the answer I got on here the other day. Honestly, I think he is disillusioned with the whole club leadership and will walk end of season anyway.

I read that there was a survey done when Rooney went to Brum that the average salary for a manager in the championship was 800k.

Taking into account how much Leicester, Leeds, Southampton and some others flash the cash, surely this means that Bulut ISNT one of the highest paid as Wez seems to suggest.

Anyone know how much our last few managers have been on?

Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:32 am

Roath_Blue wrote:
JulesK wrote:

I read that there was a survey done when Rooney went to Brum that the average salary for a manager in the championship was 800k.

Taking into account how much Leicester, Leeds, Southampton and some others flash the cash, surely this means that Bulut ISNT one of the highest paid as Wez seems to suggest.

Anyone know how much our last few managers have been on?

100% he's one of the highest paid , it's a myth that cardiff don't pay there managers well , also buluts team didn't come cheap

Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:41 pm

I think he will leave of his own accord anyway, VT will no doubt try and get him on the cheapt and wont spend anymore than he already has, Bulut is not the problem here Tan is!

Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:33 pm

I am very much on the fence about Bullut staying.
Yes, I agree we are in a healthier league position than the past couple of years, which has to be considered a positive considering the transfer embargo was only lifted from January. In addition, his hands were tied, even in January as a result of the lack of ambition/finance provided by Tan and the board preventing him from signing a few players he was keen on.
Our stats away from home is certainly reasonable (8 wins, 2 draws,10 defeats)
However, I agree that the football in general has been pretty dull, with many unacceptable poor home performances and results. (9 wins,3 draws,9 defeats)

I have been a season ticket holder for nearly 50 years and been to all but one home matches this season. However, I only renewed my season ticket for the current season following the arrival of Aaron Ramsey.
I now realise that we will only see a shadow of the player he used to be, along with his susceptibility to injuries.

As a result, with no season ticket, I will pick and choose matches to attend from next season, more as a result of the lack of ambition from Tan and the board who prevent us signing the quality we need rather than blame Erol Bullut!

Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:48 pm

MR BIRCHGROVE wrote:I am very much on the fence about Bullut staying.
Yes, I agree we are in a healthier league position than the past couple of years, which has to be considered a positive considering the transfer embargo was only lifted from January. In addition, his hands were tied, even in January as a result of the lack of ambition/finance provided by Tan and the board preventing him from signing a few players he was keen on.
Our stats away from home is certainly reasonable (8 wins, 2 draws,10 defeats)
However, I agree that the football in general has been pretty dull, with many unacceptable poor home performances and results. (9 wins,3 draws,9 defeats)

I have been a season ticket holder for nearly 50 years and been to all but one home matches this season. However, I only renewed my season ticket for the current season following the arrival of Aaron Ramsey.
I now realise that we will only see a shadow of the player he used to be, along with his susceptibility to injuries.

As a result, with no season ticket, I will pick and choose matches to attend from next season, more as a result of the lack of ambition from Tan and the board who prevent us signing the quality we need rather than blame Erol Bullut!

Respectfully, your comparing this season to the car crash of a season last year. 3 managers, confusion and uncertainty legally and financially, and a crop of players not fit for purpose. This is a much stronger squad, and I believe a different boss and staff playing less one-dimensional rigid football that alienates even his own supportters would have us closer to the play offs.

I agree bigger blame lies with Tan.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:58 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Ugbo

Meite

Didhiou

A fine example of the phrase "lies, dam lies , then there's statistics.

Didhiou was a desperation move in my view that hasn't worked out,he was'nt getting much first team football where he was and is not half the player he was at the wurzels.Meite was another that I think was brought in as a wide man more than a striker and Ugbo has scored 10 in 34 apps this season,not bad I suppose but for me never worked hard enough.The fact is we were after a top line striker all season but couldn't get one for whatever reason.Put that fact togeather with a fit Rambo and O'Dowda and I think we'd would have had a much better season-not too shabby in my view for someone who's had to word under difficult circumstances.I think we are ontrack and would like to see him given another season.

The reason we did not get a striker in was simple we where not prepared to pay the going rate or over and above to secure quality

Hence we ended up with a donkey from Spain.