Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Finally “

Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:15 pm

It looks like Cian Ashford and Joel Colwill will get their chances for the final few games of the season. They’ve earned it.

Ashford particularly impressing his team-mates in training and is rated very highly

Ashford is a quality striker.

Plus Joel Colwill has been knocking on the first team door all season.

Bulut has watched them both and very impressed
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Finally “

Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:20 pm

Good to hear.

I know Ashford is highly rated so will be interesting to see how he copes in the Championship.

Joel Colwill will be better than his brother.

These few games will probably decide what happens next season for them. If they do well, they’ll probably stay at the club. If they struggle, probably a loan to League One or League Two.

Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:33 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Good to hear.

I know Ashford is highly rated so will be interesting to see how he copes in the Championship.

These few games will probably decide what happens next season for them. If they do well, they’ll probably stay at the club. If they struggle, probably a loan to League One or League Two.

If they do really well, Tan will sell them….. :banghead:

Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:45 pm

If we lose Saturday, then (for me) we have nothing to play for. Start them every match.

Unlikely as every position will be better financially, but that makes sense for long term planning.

Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:05 pm

OliverTwistCymru wrote:

A very positive thread on a topic most will support; but sadly, as always, someone has to spoil it. Your turn today...! :roll:

Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:33 pm

OliverTwistCymru wrote:

What do you base that on? It's not like we've had a load of players other teams have been fighting over.

Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:18 pm

I want to see the youngsters given a chance perhaps coming off the bench but what i dont understand is people saying there is nothing to play for. Me personally i want to go into the summer break where we belong back as Wales No1 football team and that means finishing above the Jacks. We both won and lost a game to each other this season so team finishing highest will have the bragging rights. When this is decided then yes start the youngsters but until then we must continue to play our strongest side.