Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sin-bins will be used:

Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:43 am

Sin-bins will be used in grassroots football in Wales from the 2024-25 season, the FAW has confirmed

The temporary dismissals aim to improve respect shown towards match officials.

Re: Sin-bins will be used:

Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:57 am

Could be interesting last 10 mins of a game when the tension gets bit much and abuse of ref rises..

Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:40 pm

Ridiculous rule to be honest, yellow card offences will result in a standard yellow or 10mins in the sin bin. Of you get 10mins in the bin and you go back on and abuse the ref again do you get sin bin again or red card because 2x yellow. Also if you get yellow for professional foul, can you get yellow for dissent and 10 mins in the bin or is it a 2nd yellow with the resulting red…. Talk about bloody confusing :lol:

Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:29 pm

snoopystorm wrote:Ridiculous rule to be honest, yellow card offences will result in a standard yellow or 10mins in the sin bin. Of you get 10mins in the bin and you go back on and abuse the ref again do you get sin bin again or red card because 2x yellow. Also if you get yellow for professional foul, can you get yellow for dissent and 10 mins in the bin or is it a 2nd yellow with the resulting red…. Talk about bloody confusing :lol:

I thought ot was for cynical fouls that wasn't bad enough for red like tripping up a player when counter attacking? If cannot approach referees you’ll have a game of silence no interaction between officials and players! Talk about killing game as spectacle this and var is enough to bury it.. :roll:

Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:52 pm

Not a fan of the FAW in general but not sure they’re to blame here.

FIFA are encouraging all national associations to trial it at youth level as they’ll be trialling it in their youth competitions.

I honestly don’t think it will ever find it’s way to the senior game at a competitive level because I can’t see it working - for the reasons Allan has said above.

In every game you watch in the last ten minutes when there’s a goal in it, you’ll always see players arguing with officials in the heat of the moment. They rightly get booked, but to get them to leave the pitch entirely would be ridiculous.

They were also on about trialling it for cynical fouls which are currently an automatic yellow card.

Just the latest thing FIFA are trying to change about the game but not dealing with their own corruption, which is something that actually has to be fixed - unlike this.

Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:57 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Not a fan of the FAW in general but not sure they’re to blame here.

FIFA are encouraging all national associations to trial it at youth level as they’ll be trialling it in their youth competitions.

I honestly don’t think it will ever find it’s way to the senior game at a competitive level because I can’t see it working - for the reasons Allan has said above.

In every game you watch in the last ten minutes when there’s a goal in it, you’ll always see players arguing with officials in the heat of the moment. They rightly get booked, but to get them to leave the pitch entirely would be ridiculous.

They were also on about trialling it for cynical fouls which are currently an automatic yellow card.

Just the latest thing FIFA are trying to change about the game but not dealing with their own corruption, which is something that actually has to be fixed - unlike this.

Ned funny should mention corruption! But what have UEFA & FIFA done recently ? Expand their competitions which in turn means more revenue in turn means more brown envelopes filled with even more money..... musnt forget both organisations have been involved in corruption ... but like gugby law makers these two are going to kill the game can see a revolt by clubs because ar some stage players will permanently be playing football 12months of year every year that's Unsustainable

Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:25 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Not a fan of the FAW in general but not sure they’re to blame here.

Ned funny should mention corruption! But what have UEFA & FIFA done recently ? Expand their competitions which in turn means more revenue in turn means more brown envelopes filled with even more money..... musnt forget both organisations have been involved in corruption ... but like gugby law makers these two are going to kill the game can see a revolt by clubs because ar some stage players will permanently be playing football 12months of year every year that's Unsustainable

Totally agree Allan.