Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City have made massive progress Says:

Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:47 pm

Joe Ralls:

Captain Joe Ralls says there has been “massive progress” at Cardiff City under manager Erol Bulut, whose future at the club remains uncertain.

Bulut, 49, has publicly asked the Bluebirds’ board of directors for clarity about his situation, with his contract expiring at the end of the Championship campaign.

Bulut says uncertainty over his future has affected his players’ performances.

But with six games of the season remaining, Cardiff have already guaranteed a considerably higher finish in the Championship than last season, when they ended up just one place above the relegation zone.
Monday's 2-1 win at Coventry City leaves them eight points off the play-off places in 11th.

Joe Ralls:

“It’s been massive progress, to be in with a shout of the play-offs,” said Ralls.
“Looking at it all season, there's been progress, we’re just outside the top 10 now. It would be great to try and get as high as we can, to finish strong.

“The manager has helped us a lot, we had a full pre-season with him. The only thing that's been lacking this season has been the consistency - every club looks for it, it's so hard to get.

“We've been a little bit up and down but we've shown real good signs of where we could be.

"Hopefully whatever the situation, we've got to look and build on that and try and get that consistency next season and towards the end of the season. There's still six games to go and we’ll try and finish as strong as we can”.

Re: Cardiff City have made massive progress Says:

Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:09 pm

Have to agree with him.

Important to remember we stayed up on a technicality last season.

Obviously we have not progressed since relegation from the PL, but have progressed since last season.

I think Bulut should stay, despite my concerns about his negativity.

Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:14 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Have to agree with him.

Obviously we have not progressed since relegation from the PL, but have progressed since last season.

Yes I’m starting to think the same. Maybe the negativity will take a back burner if he gets a few of his own players in.

Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:44 pm

Improvement on last season in results and our position in this League .

Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:43 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Have to agree with him.

Yes I’m starting to think the same. Maybe the negativity will take a back burner if he gets a few of his own players in.

I just think we’re naturally a moany fanbase. We’ve been spoilt by the Prem visits. We fail to see the big picture at times. I’m the worst for it as I always have a meltdown after a derby loss, for instance.

Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:53 am

I can't disagree. What really concerns me though, is when we lose, it's rarely without a good scrap or close game. We go from beating Ipswich in a fairly dominant home game full of fight and desire; to one of the worst home performances in the new stadium against Sunderland. Very inconsistent.

But when it's all said and done, we'll finish significantly higher in the league with a great home win vs. the Jacks and two wins over Bristol C. That is significant improvement on the results side of the data.

Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:38 pm

After last season, if I was told we’d be mid/top table I would have been over the moon….. :ayatollah: