Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: BREAKING: “ BIG CHANGES AT CARDIFF CITY “

Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:34 pm

I really hope it’s not a ruse to get season tickets sold.

Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:00 pm

SBF1 wrote:One of two possibilities judging by the headlines.

1, Tan has found a buyer for the club.

2, Tan had said he will back the manager in the summer.

Either of them would be great news.

Point 1 would be amazing news.
Point 2 would be bullshit.

Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:07 pm

Haven't read all of the comments as I'm in work but:

Does this have anything to do with a sale of the club?

Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:21 pm

Warwickshire Bluebird wrote:I really hope it’s not a ruse to get season tickets sold.

Ah yes! We have history there

Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:22 pm

SBF1 wrote:One of two possibilities judging by the headlines.

1, Tan has found a buyer for the club.

2, Tan had said he will back the manager in the summer.

Either of them would be great news.

Not sure Annis would necessarily believe 2

Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:31 pm

Annis is buying the club & putting Wez in as DOF due their agreeing on the way forward all the time. This was agreed after one too many pints in Santa Ponsa while celebrating the Cardiff win on April 1st.

Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:52 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:Haven't read all of the comments as I'm in work but:

Does this have anything to do with a sale of the club?

Either that or investment from outside group? But only guess work at moment its the only practical idea for this thread

Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:55 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:
Warwickshire Bluebird wrote:I really hope it’s not a ruse to get season tickets sold.

100% Not

As this never came from Dalman or Tan

Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:00 pm

It was mentioned to me that there will be changes next year ' for better or for worse, and I hope its for the better'.

To this end, does this intimate that new buyers or investors have been found but are of unknown pedigree?

Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:

100% Not

Remember The Riddler T#AT.

Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:13 pm

JulesK wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:

100% Not

Jules,

I will never forget, he lied to you all and me personally.

That’s why I marched against him.

Cost me all My books in the Club shop, I was selling at least 800 a month, but I have pride and principles.

Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:35 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:Come on Annis give us a clue!

My wish list. Realistic
1. Red seats out, blue seats in
2. New badge, just the bluebird in a yellow/gold circle with 125 underneath for next season plus a return of the Welsh flag on the arms or back.
3. The gold and white stripe on the kit and fir the anniversary year no shirt sponsor (if we have to please not visit Malaysia)
4. Clean up the outside of the stadium and maybe paint the internal breeze block walls blue like at QPR
5. Better food, ales at fan friendly prices in the concourse.
6. Better CCFC presence , marketing annd and advertising around the suburbs, City centre and surrounding valleys and towns.
7. Less draconian stewarding
8. Better communication with fan groups and season ticket holders regarding our philosophy and future
9. If ST holders can’t make the game, offer them the option of making their ticket available for resale to generate more income
10. Do a Sam, get the plastics to swap their EPL shirts for a city shirt and a first ticket purchase at a discount. Get a club shop in town!

Unrealistic
1. Tan - Dalman sell to Sam
2. Bulut out, Bellamy / Osian and Dutch Ray in
3 . Jason Perry and Gabbidon as football advisors / more football and Cardiff men in the board room
4. Macron as new kit supplier
5. Rebuild Ninian Park pub on Jubilee Park
6. Get more Welsh players in
7. Fill two of the gaping stadium corners in with more seats
8. Move family stand away from the away fans, move Canton singers there, less segregation gap from the away fans like against Poland.
9. Whitts / Dwyer permenant tribute
10. Compulsory repetitive chant and bounce every game of Super Furry Animals “We don’t give a f**k about anybody else”
Because we don’t!

I’ve always been a dreamer.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :occasion5: :ayatollah:

Haha, brilliant lists. All of the above please :thumbup:

Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:38 pm

Bushy Eyebrows wrote:My guess is a return to a previous badge to celebrate the 125 anniversary of the clubs foundation.

I think this too mate. Annis's comment about work already going on behind the scenes can hint towards this.

Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
JulesK wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:

100% Not

Jules,

Cost me all My books in the Club shop, I was selling at least 800 a month, but I have pride and principles.

Remember it well Annis and look at him now lording it over the whole EFL.

Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:46 pm

JulesK wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
JulesK wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:

100% Not

Jules,

Remember it well Annis and look at him now lording it over the whole EFL.

Jules,

Sadly shows how corrupt football is and it’s not what you know it’s who you know.

Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:18 pm

New Owner or New Manager. I'm renewing whatever.

Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:26 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:New Owner or New Manager. I'm renewing whatever.

Same here mate :thumbup:

Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:31 pm

David sullivan
welshman pulled out his shares at west ham hoping to buy cardiff
along with investment from gareth bale Aaron ramsey

Sullivan built his empire in the sex industry
So the team new kit will be pink
and the logo will be a

"Fully charged"
With a very large v.brator emblazoned on the front shirt and a small one on the back of the shorts.

Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:33 pm

Won't be surprised if its nothing exciting after big build-up! :D

Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:58 pm

Yeh lol Annis and Wez are buying club , they had a meeting the other day over a pint :clap:
Well whatever it is sounds promising, thanks for letting us know ,
Would be awsome if it was tan selling :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:07 pm

montyblue wrote:David sullivan
welshman pulled out his shares at west ham hoping to buy cardiff
along with investment from gareth bale Aaron ramsey

Sullivan built his empire in the sex industry
So the team new kit will be pink
and the logo will be a

"Fully charged"
With a very large v.brator emblazoned on the front shirt and a small one on the back of the shorts.

Monty you had me on first paragraph then it went downhill.

Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:08 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:New Owner or New Manager. I'm renewing whatever.

Me too

Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:36 pm

Here we go again, how many "good news" stories from multiple sources have we had on this forum....

Sorry Annis if you know what is going on you should say it, why the smoke and mirrors. If this ends up not being more cash invested in the team and a decent manager then this is a non-issue.

Sorry Annis but fed up with summers of promises, transfer windows of promises, we'll back the manager etc.

I think it must be some sort of takeover and hence no manager decision or..... It's all bollocks again

Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:13 pm

Einstein wrote:Here we go again, how many "good news" stories from multiple sources have we had on this forum....

Sorry Annis if you know what is going on you should say it, why the smoke and mirrors. If this ends up not being more cash invested in the team and a decent manager then this is a non-issue.

Sorry Annis but fed up with summers of promises, transfer windows of promises, we'll back the manager etc.

I think it must be some sort of takeover and hence no manager decision or..... It's all bollocks again

I am in agreement to a certain extent going back to the old badge is tidy but not an earth moving decision even switching ends of the stadium
what we want is a team and a manager that can get promotion and become one of the big boys
but that will only happen with a big rebuild and the biggest injection of cash since tan took over at the start of his reign.

Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:16 pm

Unless there is a major cash injection or a full takeover, I can guarantee next summer will be the same as every other one over the last decade..uninspiring and disappointing!!

Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:22 pm

montyblue wrote:
Einstein wrote:Here we go again, how many "good news" stories from multiple sources have we had on this forum....

I am in agreement to a certain extent going back to the old badge is tidy but not an earth moving decision even switching ends of the stadium
what we want is a team and a manager that can get promotion and become one of the big boys
but that will only happen with a big rebuild and the biggest injection of cash since tan took over at the start of his reign.

Moving ends won't cost significant money think Southampton are going it at moment for next season just case of notifying st fans in area to be used by away fans and relocate them... man u apparently do it every season to some extent... but on subject can anyone think of something that will have effect of OP? Other than investment or change ownership... been strange week for tans finances according to what's been said.

Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:22 pm

montyblue wrote:

First I’ve given my word and I need to be respected for that.

2nd I have not promised good Summers before , the local media have and Dalman and his pa.

When I heard everything over the last couple of weeks it’s made me very hopeful of a new season to come that might be different and promising than past years, so yes I was allowed to say that as it sounds good for once
If you don’t want to read it, I’m not forcing anyone, I am trying my best to show we might have for the first time in years a good summer, not lies and bullshit.

Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
montyblue wrote:

2nd I have not promised good Summers before , the local media have and Dalman and his pa.

When I heard everything over the last couple of weeks it’s made me very hopeful of a new season to come that might be different and promising than past years, so yes I was allowed to say that as it sounds good for once
If you don’t want to read it, I’m not forcing anyone, I am trying my best to show we might have for the first time in years a good summer, not lies and bullshit.

Thanks Annis makes perfect sense what you say and confidentiality is important when comes to club news. Otherwise it be tighter than it is now! :bluescarf:

Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
montyblue wrote:

Annis
happy to wait for the good news you bring as the last time i felt on top of the world as a cardiff fan was the day we played reading and got promoted at the city ground warnock bamba etc
and looking forward to playing the big boys and a packed stadium every home game that was the last time and its been really dull since with failed rebuilds etc and sh.t msnagers covid no crowds sala affair embargo' s dwindling fan base so everyone is sceptical
Be there for saturday though.

Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:24 pm

You heard it here from me first " this summer we will have one day onlywithout any rainfall ".