Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result be of Cardiff City v Hull City?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:00 pm

Cardiff City win (11/5)
61%
Hull City win (5/4)
33%
Draw (9/4)
6%

Total votes : 18

MATCH THREAD: “ CARDIFF CITY v HULL CITY “ MATCH THREAD

Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:00 pm

CARDIFF CITY v HULL CITY
Saturday 6th April, 3pm
Sky Bet Championship
Cardiff City Stadium

ITS PAY ON THE DAY FOR BOTH SETS OF FANS

Cardiff City: Horvath; Ng, Goutas, Phillips, Collins; Ralls (c), Siopis; Turnbull, Bowler, Gratin; Meite

Subs: Turner, Romeo, Wilson-Esbrand, J.Colwill, Ramsey, Tanner, AShford, Diedhiou, Robinson

HULL CITY HAVE NOT WON FOR 7 GAMES

W0 D4 L3

INJURY UPDATE:

Rubin Colwill now out 2-3 games

Erol Bulut:

O’Dowda has only played in 9 out of 42 League and Cup games and is now out injured again.

"O'Dowda is also injured, so he will not be with us this weekend. It is a hamstring from the last game. He felt a little bit of pain on his hamstring. I think it's also a bit of protection from the medical staff.

"None of us want him to get an injury again, because he was out for a long time, so we have to protect him."

Callum O’Dowda felt pain in his hamstring following the Coventry game and is also expected to be sidelined for Saturday’s fixture.

Etete will be out injured as well.

Erol Bulut:

Cardiff City will not give up on their faint Championship play-off hopes, says manager Erol Bulut.

Monday's 2-1 win at Coventry means the Bluebirds are eight points adrift of the top six with only six games left.

Cardiff were in more realistic contention for the play-offs earlier this season and, although their chances are now rather remote, Bulut is not ruling anything out.

“It will be really difficult but we will not give up," he told BBC Radio Wales.
“If we had beaten Sunderland [Cardiff lost 2-0 at home on Friday], maybe I would speak a bit differently.
“We will fight for the rest of the season, for the last six games. Anything can happen. My guys will give everything.”

Rubin Colwill missed Coventry away through injury:

Erol Bulut:

"He had a problem with his ankle, that's why we didn't bring him with us. I think he will be available (for Hull).”

TEAM NEWS:

Bulut has virtually a fit Squad.

Rubin Colwill , Joel Colwill and Cian Ashford are all fit.

McGuinness is training hard

The Opposition's Manager

Liam Rosenior has been Hull manager since November 2022.

It is his first full time management job, although he had a brief interim spell in charge at Derby.

As a player, he made over 140 league appearances for Hull.

Opposition Dangerous Players

Jaden Philogene has eight goals and six assists in the league this season. He was of course on loan with us last season.

Fabio Carvalho has five goals since joining on loan in January.

Head To Head 

Hull beat us 3-0 in December.

They have actually won their last five games against us with our last win against them coming back in 2020.

Team News - Predicted Line-Ups

Cardiff City: Horvath, Ng, Goutas, Phillips, Collins, Siopis, Ralls, Turnbull, Bowler, Grant, Meite

Hull City: Allsop, Coyle, Jones, Morton, Giles, Slater, Seri, Omur, Philogene, Tufan, Carvalho

Last Game

We won 2-1 at Coventry on Easter Monday.

On the same day, Hull lost 3-1 at Leeds.

Match Odds

Cardiff City - 11/5
Hull City - 5/4
Draw - 9/4

Predictions

Post your predictions below  :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: LATEST NEWS “ CARDIFF CITY v HULL CITY “ MATCH THREAD

Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:40 am

ITS PAY ON THE DAY FOR BOTH SETS OF FANS :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: TEAM NEWS: “ CARDIFF CITY v HULL CITY “ MATCH THREAD

Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:43 am

Remaining Fixtures:

01/04/2024 Coventry City 1 Cardiff City 2 Crowd 28,529 Away Support 1,680

06/04/2024 15:00 Cardiff City v Hull City Crowd Away Support

10/04/2024 19:45 Birmingham City (a)

13/04/2024 15:00 Millwall (a)
20/04/2024 15:00 Southampton (h)
27/04/2024 15:00 Middlesbrough (h)

04/05/2024 12:30 Rotherham United (a)

Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:44 am

TEAM NEWS:

Bulut has virtually a fit Squad.

Rubin Colwill , Joel Colwill and Cian Ashford are all fit.

McGuinness is training hard

Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:46 am

Hull City have not Won for 7 games

W 0 D 4 L3

Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:52 am

Erol Bulut:

Cardiff City will not give up on their faint Championship play-off hopes, says manager Erol Bulut.

Monday's 2-1 win at Coventry means the Bluebirds are eight points adrift of the top six with only six games left.

Cardiff were in more realistic contention for the play-offs earlier this season and, although their chances are now rather remote, Bulut is not ruling anything out.

“It will be really difficult but we will not give up," he told BBC Radio Wales.
“If we had beaten Sunderland [Cardiff lost 2-0 at home on Friday], maybe I would speak a bit differently.
“We will fight for the rest of the season, for the last six games. Anything can happen. My guys will give everything.”

Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:18 pm

Rubin Colwill missed Coventry away through injury:

Erol Bulut:

"He had a problem with his ankle, that's why we didn't bring him with us. I think he will be available (for Hull).”

Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:42 pm

Jaden's drop-off -

Since his goal at Rotherham and assist at Southampton, Jaden Philogene has found life increasingly difficult. His form has tailed off badly and at Leeds, it was all too apparent. Jaden gave the ball away too cheaply, didn't show the level of intensity to track back that we've seen previously and, was at times, anonymous in a game you really thought would be one he'd revel in. There were also fans suggesting he went off down the tunnel at full-time without acknowledging the 3,000 away supporters, while the rest of the squad did, which is never a good look.

City need Philogene fit and firing, they need him on his game and if there is to be a sudden change of course which will see them trouble the top six in the remaining seven games, they need Philogene to find his mojo once again and start impacting games in a positive way.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:49 pm

I'd say Southampton are gone.

West Brom play Stoke Away.
Norwich play Ipswich at home.
Coventry play Leeds at home.
Preston are away to Watford.
Middlesborough are home to the Jacks.

Preston have a 6 goal better difference to us, a win could put us level with them in 8th and us in 9th. That's if Preston lose.

Those fixtures above are tricky, and you form suggests Norwich & Coventry lose.

Preston win, and we're still all chasing Norwich; who I'd say if they beat Ipswich, is season over for us.

But IF, IFFFFFFFF we win, and the above go to form.... Booking.com for Wembley anyone???? :bluescarf:

Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:51 pm

Cardiff to win. Me back in the 'Bulut in' camp. A happy Sat eve, enjoying the tika-taka football we play to destroy Hull.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:44 pm

INJURY UPDATE:

Rubin Colwill now out 2-3 games

Erol Bulut:

O’Dowda has only played in 9 out of 42 League and Cup games and is now out injured again.

"O'Dowda is also injured, so he will not be with us this weekend. It is a hamstring from the last game. He felt a little bit of pain on his hamstring. I think it's also a bit of protection from the medical staff.

"None of us want him to get an injury again, because he was out for a long time, so we have to protect him."

Callum O’Dowda felt pain in his hamstring following the Coventry game and is also expected to be sidelined for Saturday’s fixture.

Etete will be out injured as well.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:31 pm

Bulut said that he hopes that McGuinness will return from injury before the end of the season, but he is not sure that will be possible.

The centre-back is yet to return to training after picking up a hamstring injury a couple of months ago.

"He will not be available for us. I don't know when he will be back," Bulut said. "He is not training with us the last few days. I hope in the short-term, he will be back and we can have him with us.

"I hope [we will see him before the end of the season]."

Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:34 pm

Erol Bulut:

“ Jak Alnwick “

"He was at training with us, but again he felt a pain on his knee and he left training," the manager said. "I don't know about his situation. I was expecting him back in training fully, but the medical staff say he felt pain. I don't know when he will be back."

Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:40 pm

Hull City have been handed a major boost going into the final seven games of the Championship season after it was confirmed striker Liam Delap is expected back at the club on Monday to return to training.

Delap has been a big miss since his last appearance on New Year's Day at Sheffield Wednesday having suffered a meniscus issue with his knee which has kept him sidelined since, but he's due back from Manchester City to join in with full training at Cottingham ahead Wednesday night's home meeting with Middlesbrough.

The 21-year-old England Under-21 international has gone through an extension rehab programme in Manchester and is set to return to City ready to be involved, though it's likely the visit of Boro will come too soon. It is, however, hoped he could play some part in next Saturday's MKM Stadium meeting with QPR.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:42 pm

City face a trip to Cardiff this weekend looking to halt their run of six games without victory and Rosenior says he will give as much time as possible to Ryan Giles and Lewie Coyle after the pair left Monday night's defeat at Leeds early with groin and back problems respectively, while Billy Sharp is expected to be fine to travel despite missing training this week.

Should Giles or Coyle not be passed fit for the trip to South Wales, Rosenior says he has no concerns about using Matty Jacob, Cyrus Christie or Regan Slater, with the latter deployed in the right-back role at Elland Road. "I'm giving them the maximum time to recover from their injuries," Rosenior explained on the eve of the journey to South Wales.

Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:43 pm

"Lewie took a massive whack in his torso, it's an old-school word and Gilo is feeling his groin a touch, so we want to give them the maximum time, but if they're not available, I thought Regan Slater was magnificent at right back, magnificent in terms of his performance against, for me, probably the best left winger in the league (Crycensio Summerville) - nominated for Player of the Year - Regan Slater went out and performed really well.

"Coylely was magnificent at centre back without Greavesy being available and Gilo, we know, is a very, very good player. Matty Jacob, every time when he's stepped on the pitch, his temperament to come on in a game like that, he actually added something to our game, it was magnificent.

"Cyrus came on and made a couple of really important interventions in the game in the last 10 minutes as well. I've got a good squad and I haven't lost any faith in them, so if we lose two or three bodies, it's the next man up, whoever it is, and then we go again.

Re: MATCH THREAD: “ CARDIFF CITY v HULL CITY “ MATCH THREAD

Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:12 am

Match Odds. Cardiff C v Hull C

Cardiff City - 11/5
Hull City - 5/4
Draw - 9/4

Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:13 pm

Currently:

Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:10 pm

Cardiff City: Horvath; Ng, Goutas, Phillips, Collins; Ralls (c), Siopis; Turnbull, Bowler, Gratin; Meite

Subs: Turner, Romeo, Wilson-Esbrand, J.Colwill, Ramsey, Tanner, AShford, Diedhiou, Robinson

Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:29 pm

I see nothing other than an away win

Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:29 pm

Now Norwich have beaten Ipswich 1-0

Todays game is virtually about finishing as high as possible

Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:49 pm

Bluebirds

Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:01 pm

Bluebirds:

Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:04 pm

Delivered to Greaves at the far post, but he gets the header all wrong.

Wide.

Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:08 pm

Early pressure from Hull, but not that great

Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:08 pm

Hull seeing plenty of the ball

The visitors enjoying a fair amount of possession in the opening exchanges.

Philogene puts Phillips under pressure down Hull's left, but the defender pings it out for a throw.

Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:09 pm

Horvath comes to claim

Ozan Tufan chases a ball over the top, but the Cardiff keeper comes to claim.

Not exactly been a high-octane start to this one so far...

Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:10 pm

Hull fans not big numbers but very loud

Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:12 pm

Bowler dispossessed

Goes down deep inside the Hull half.

Complains, but not sure why. Looked a pretty good tackle

Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:13 pm

Over all not much really happening