Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sorry but madness Erol Bulut:

Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:39 pm

Madness in my view:

Only 6 games left / we are not consistent / we don’t score enough goals / we are awful at home / we would need to win the 6 games in a row and hope for 5 teams to virtually all go on terrible runs.

And if we go a goal down Erol, your words “We lose confidence”

Erol Bulut:

Cardiff City will not give up on their faint Championship play-off hopes, says manager Erol Bulut.

Monday's 2-1 win at Coventry means the Bluebirds are eight points adrift of the top six with only six games left.

Cardiff were in more realistic contention for the play-offs earlier this season and, although their chances are now rather remote, Bulut is not ruling anything out.

“It will be really difficult but we will not give up," he told BBC Radio Wales.
“If we had beaten Sunderland [Cardiff lost 2-0 at home on Friday], maybe I would speak a bit differently.
“We will fight for the rest of the season, for the last six games. Anything can happen. My guys will give everything.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Sorry but madness Erol Bulut:

Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Madness in my view:

Only 6 games left / we are not consistent / we don’t score enough goals / we are awful at home / we would need to win the 6 games in a row and hope for 5 teams to virtually all go on terrible runs.

Erol Bulut:

Cardiff City will not give up on their faint Championship play-off hopes, says manager Erol Bulut.

Monday's 2-1 win at Coventry means the Bluebirds are eight points adrift of the top six with only six games left.

Cardiff were in more realistic contention for the play-offs earlier this season and, although their chances are now rather remote, Bulut is not ruling anything out.

“If we had beaten Sunderland [Cardiff lost 2-0 at home on Friday], maybe I would speak a bit differently.
“We will fight for the rest of the season, for the last six games. Anything can happen. My guys will give everything.”

I think a fair bit gets lost in translation with Bulut’s comments. On reflection this season is night and day compared to last season.

I’d be happy for Bulut to be given a chance next year to get us some of his own players in. I am critical of his style of play but hoping it improves with his own players in place.

As for the playoffs, he’d get ridiculed on here if he gave up so can’t win

Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:48 pm

Today the players looked like they had a point to prove against a decent side .

Against Swansea and Sunderland it was as if they expected to win against two side on a long losing run ..

For me this is about wanting it badly enough you force a result ..

Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:51 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:

Erol Bulut:

I think a fair bit gets lost in translation with Bulut’s comments. On reflection this season is night and day compared to last season.

I’d be happy for Bulut to be given a chance next year to get us some of his own players in. I am critical of his style of play but hoping it improves with his own players in place.

I disagree, the play offs are a dream away, beyond and most can see that.

As to staying next season, I agree with you as Tan won’t bring better in and we need stability.

One more season, he deserves another year.

I am still 50 / 50 about him , but as I say we won’t get better under this Regime.

Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:55 pm

It was gone as soon as we lost to Sunderland.
A sunderland team who got thumped by Blackburn 5-1.

Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:58 pm

Don't think it's realistic that we get play offs this season anymore.

What I do think is realistic though is pushing for playoffs next season if we can back Bulut this summer and bring in a proven striker also

Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:59 pm

To be fair to Bulut i heard the interview and it was Rob Phillips who threw the question to him. He said that you are only 8 points off the play offs, a stupid question really from Rob.

Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:00 pm

Ian aka Bakedalaskar was spot on earlier when he said consistency has been our issue.

That’s what has cost us top six.

The home games against the likes of Sunderland and Birmingham are games we should have won.

But I will say it’s crazy that we were on that awful run in January and are still in the top half and just eight points off the top six.

Let’s be real, we won’t be in the play-offs this season.

But I do think that if we stick with Bulut (we won’t do any better), bring in a few good quality additions and sort out the consistency then we will be able to get top six next season.

We know we can beat top ten teams, we’ve done it to Ipswich and Coventry in recent weeks.

Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:05 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:It was gone as soon as we lost to Sunderland.
A sunderland team who got thumped by Blackburn 5-1.

Sam,

I have to agree with you.

Sunderland had lost 6 & drawn 1 before our game, put their kids out and not only beat us outplayed us.

A poor Swansea team did the same.

This happens all the time and we have never been consistent.

Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:06 pm

cityone wrote:To be fair to Bulut i heard the interview and it was Rob Phillips who threw the question to him. He said that you are only 8 points off the play offs, a stupid question really from Rob.

Paul,

Fair enough, daft by Rob.

Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:

Erol Bulut:

I disagree, the play offs are a dream away, beyond and most can see that.

As to staying next season, I agree with you as Tan won’t bring better in and we need stability.

One more season, he deserves another year.

I am still 50 / 50 about him , but as I say we won’t get better under this Regime.

I agree although I don’t think Bulut is just the best we can get under this regime, he’s the best a club in our position can expect whoever is the owner right now.

I, like you, am not convinced by Bulut but there has been a massive improvement from last year and therefore he deserves a full pre season and transfer window at the very least.

Even if we had different owners I’m struggling to think who we could REALISTICALLY get in as manager who would be better than Bulut on paper.

Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:43 pm

One of our problems has been we haven't drawn enough of the games we have lost.