Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: UNBELIEVABLE / TWO OWN GOALS

Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:06 pm

YES

MY VIEW

TWO OWN GOALS BY COVENTRY’S KITCHEN & UNBELIEVABLE AWAY VICTORY FOR CARDIFF AGAINST ALL ODDS.

City totally improved from their previous two games , what a contrast.

Unbelievable change.

Cardiff were 6/1 to beat Coventry

Cardiff had lost their last 2 games , Coventry had win their last 4 games

Cardiff had actually looked OK going forward. But the accuracy and decision-making in the final third had been nowhere near good enough and Grants Miss was unbelievable.

FIRST-HALF: Coventry had been the better side

24th min: Milan crossed into the area for Simmo to force home 1-0

29th min: What a great own goal by Kirchen 1-1

From then on it was end to end.

SECOND-HALF: Cardiff improved drastically and with hejd massive Coventry pressure.

Coventry started creating some good chances.

Karlan Grant missed a total virtually open goal in the 53rd min, wow.

Own goal again by Kitchen 68 - Bowler's cross bounces in off Kitching! City ahead! (1-2)

75th min: 76 - Wints replaces David Turnbull for the #Bluebirds.

84th min: Haji Wright had the ball in the net but the flag was up.

Cardiff had to with stand massive pressure.

COVENTRY CITY 1 CARDIFF CITY 2
H-T 1-1

Coventry City 1 Cardiff City 2 Crowd 28,529 Away Support 1,680
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: UNBELIEVABLE / TWO OWN GOALS

Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:16 pm

We are the archetypal Championship team - we can beat anybody and lose to anybody!

Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:17 pm

After 2 lack lustre pitiful performances a hard fought win against a very good side

Rallsy MoM…big shout outs to Siopis, Goutas, Phillips, JC and Turnbell

Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:24 pm

i wont lie at the start i was like ok this is decent, then they scored i was fuming, they didnt give up kept going and got the rewards, thanks to a certain player ;) :bluebird:

Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:27 pm

Just happy the players showed the effort today.
That’s all we ask for!

Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:30 pm

Keep it tight and who knows in the championship.

Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:32 pm

We match them in the beginning then gave the goal away. We did very well to get back in the game and it was deserved I felt.

The 2nd half Coventry struggled to break us down. I felt we could have capitalise on that but really didn't take advantage of it. Bowlers long shot was the best we could give until that 2nd og came along which to me was very fortunate for us. About time we had a bit of luck.

We did very well to hang on in the end. We battled hard in our defence and that is where the game was won. I would have like us to have that release up front but fortunately it was not needed. A very welcomed win on the road.

Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:39 pm

Bulet = Manager of the month for April!
:D

Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:49 pm

Good result better performance deserved the win ... but why does bulut seem to have a poor grasp of substitutions? 80+ minutes and brings on rambo problem with this is he is not match fit so you are weakening the midfield at most crucial time in game..... and miete needed replacing at 60 mins was knackered and! this is not first time with questionable substitutions .

Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:50 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Good result better performance deserved the win ... but why does bulut seem to have a poor grasp of substitutions? 80+ minutes and brings on rambo problem with this is he is not match fit so you are weakening the midfield at most crucial time in game..... and miete needed replacing at 60 mins was knackered and! this is not first time with questionable substitutions .

Why not just enjoy the win!?

Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:53 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:We match them in the beginning then gave the goal away. We did very well to get back in the game and it was deserved I felt.

The 2nd half Coventry struggled to break us down. I felt we could have capitalise on that but really didn't take advantage of it. Bowlers long shot was the best we could give until that 2nd og came along which to me was very fortunate for us. About time we had a bit of luck.

We did very well to hang on in the end. We battled hard in our defence and that is where the game was won. I would have like us to have that release up front but fortunately it was not needed. A very welcomed win on the road.

A very good analogy there, Ian... :thumbup:

We're a strange side this year; winning and losing when we really shouldn't...

And to top a very good day, our country cousins lost to a very good QPR volley...! :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:55 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Good result better performance deserved the win ... but why does bulut seem to have a poor grasp of substitutions? 80+ minutes and brings on rambo problem with this is he is not match fit so you are weakening the midfield at most crucial time in game..... and miete needed replacing at 60 mins was knackered and! this is not first time with questionable substitutions .

I did and I said we deserved the win ? Was making a point about subs or is that not allowed?? :o
Rambo made numerous errors in defensive areas plus booked as couldn't get into game which highlights my point

Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:57 pm

8 points from play offs aswell :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:00 pm

Rambo needs game time to ease him back to fitness but I agree that this game time shouldn't really be at the end to a good Coventry side who are dangerous enough to punish us.

I thought the team looked good today going forward. Just a shame we seem to be hit and miss. A bit more consistency next season and we can push on

Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:01 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:

I did and I said we deserved the win ? Was making a point about subs or is that not allowed?? :o
Rambo made numerous errors in defensive areas plus booked as couldn't get into game which highlights my point

Fair enough mate. Nothing is ever perfect so sometimes I think the slight negatives are best ignored.

Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:11 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:Rambo needs game time to ease him back to fitness but I agree that this game time shouldn't really be at the end to a good Coventry side who are dangerous enough to punish us.

I thought the team looked good today going forward. Just a shame we seem to be hit and miss. A bit more consistency next season and we can push on

Most players have minutes in the U21's after such a long absence, he is miles off the pace

Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:19 pm

Crazy, crazy league
I didnt expect it
We made Sunderland look like Brazil the other day and they lost 5-1 at home to Blackburn :lol: :lol:
Madness
Bulut and the players have done an outstanding job to get to 56 points in all fairness
What we lack in creativity and quality (sometimes), You have to say the effort is there :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:23 pm

Sometimes you need the luck to go with you, today we had the luck. Looking forward to my last home game of the season now on Saturday :clap:

Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:38 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:

Fair enough mate. Nothing is ever perfect so sometimes I think the slight negatives are best ignored.

Probably right about slight negatives and tbh it was only bit about this game that was negative...
.. no problem with who came on just the timing of them

Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:28 pm

Table:

Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:11 pm

Why can’t we play like that every week ?
I don’t get it
So desperate for a striker now it’s crazy
Great result and my youngest had Cardiff 2-1 to win 19/1 happy f*cking days

Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:15 pm

01/04/2024 Coventry City 1 Cardiff City 2 Crowd 28,529 Away Support 1,680

Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:59 pm

Richy roofer ccfc wrote:Why can’t we play like that every week ?
I don’t get it
So desperate for a striker now it’s crazy
Great result and my youngest had Cardiff 2-1 to win 19/1 happy f*cking days

:thumbup: