Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

For those who want Bulut to stay…..

Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:37 am

Please consider:

From what we have seen so far this season, Bulut’s game plan is very defensive, and this hasn’t changed all season. There has been the odd game where he’s been more adventurous because we were losing, Preston away and Ipswich home come to mind, but his game plan is always safety first.

This worked in the first 3 months of the season which saw us reach the top 6. However, teams have since sussed us out and know exactly how we will set up and play.

If the season started at the beginning of November, which is when the decline started, we would know be only 6 points above relegation (if my maths is correct).

Bulut has shown no signs of changing his pre match plan and my fear is he either thinks his way is still going to work or he doesn’t know any other way. Then when we lose, he blames the players.

With this in mind, if he’s given a new contract, we’ll be in a relegation fight next season or until he’s sacked.

And for those who will reply with, “once he gets the players in that he wants in the summer it’ll be different”, where is the money coming from to buy these new players?

IMO the squad is a top 10 championship squad. The manager certainly isn’t!

Re: For those who want Bulut to stay…..

Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:12 am

We are in the top half.

It can be made to look as Dire as wanted to by whoever makes the post at the time.

For example, last 2 games we have lost them both which is a 0 points per game average which means relegation.

A season is a season for a reason.

Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:23 am

Roath_Blue wrote:We are in the top half.

It can be made to look as Dire as wanted to by whoever makes the post at the time.

For example, last 2 games we have lost them both which is a 0 points per game average which means relegation.

A season is a season for a reason.

Yes a season is the full 46 games and I'm grateful that it is. But you're missing my point, which is, since the opposition has sussed out our game plan, we have struggled, and Bulut seems like he either doesn't want to change it or doesn't know how to. So if he's given a new contract, we'll be in a relation fight next season.

Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:25 am

I see your point Mike but you are forgetting that before the Swansea game we were the in form team in the league.

I do not believe we will be in a relegation fight next season. I thought we would be this year but I was wrong

Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:35 am

Roath_Blue wrote:I see your point Mike but you are forgetting that before the Swansea game we were the in form team in the league.

I do not believe we will be in a relegation fight next season. I thought we would be this year but I was wrong

Yes we had a very good spell prior to that game, but as you pointed out the season is a full season and I believe we are only sitting top half because of the good start we had before most teams worked us out, and Bulut can not or will not change it.

Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:42 am

Mike, I am totally on the fence regarding Bulut.

I disagree on the top 10 squad. If we had an end-of-season fire sale apart from NG, Goutas & McGuiness there wouldn't be any offers from top half teams. Our last two seasons have been saved by loanee's, luckily or skillfully were haven't needed to load that responsibility on those players.

Is the dire football a way to maximize our position? So is he a cold, effective, professional manager, exactly what you need in the championship?

Its crap, defensive but he has so few options. We are loaded with defensive midfielders and a fragile Rambo. Is he just getting our better players on the pitch. Just imagine Kaba & Philiogene or Doyle and Dramah in this team, we would undoubtedly be higher in the league, but those players cost money !!!!

Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:47 am

llan bluebird wrote:Mike, I am totally on the fence regarding Bulut.

I disagree on the top 10 squad. If we had an end-of-season fire sale apart from NG, Goutas & McGuiness there wouldn't be any offers from top half teams. Our last two seasons have been saved by loanee's, luckily or skillfully were haven't needed to load that responsibility on those players.

Is the dire football a way to maximize our position? So is he a cold, effective, professional manager, exactly what you need in the championship?

Its crap, defensive but he has so few options. We are loaded with defensive midfielders and a fragile Rambo. Is he just getting our better players on the pitch. Just imagine Kaba & Philiogene or Doyle and Dramah in this team, we would undoubtedly be higher in the league, but those players cost money !!!!

This is a very sensible post and I agree completely.

If we were able to buy players and we had brought in Philogene on a permanent, along with being able to bring back either KM or Kaba then we would be in a better position.

We are in a good position considering the team we have

Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:05 am

I see your point regarding the fire sale, but there are many other players that would command a fee but have had there value diminished over the season due to Bulut's style of play.

Ralls - Over 400 proffessional appearances in the champoinship, premiership and cups.
Turnbull - 125 appearances for Celtic including Champions league.
Ethan Horvath - Promotion to the Premisr League with Forest and Luton.
Siopis - Played in top teams in both Greece and Turkey with 29 caps for Greece.
Ruben Colwill - A very talented young player with bags of potential who needs the right manager to coach him.
Callum O'Dowda - A very versatile player on the left. Been out injured most of the season but I think most would agree was one of our best players last season.
Jan Alnwick - Proved himself to be a very good keeper this season.
Aaron Ramsey - There would definitely been many teams who would take a chance on him.

All very good championship players. Add your 3 choices to that and some of the loanees and for me that makes a very good championship squad capable of top 10 if not pushing for play offs.

Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:38 am

The football has been awful lately.

Nobody can defend these performances.

I would say Bulut is our best bet though. We won’t get any better than him under this ownership - those who think Cooper would work for Tan are on another planet.

Also important to remember there has been a big improvement on last season’s disaster.

We have nothing to play for at the end of the season, and that’s much better than last season when we were very worried until Rotherham away.

Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:10 pm

This has been my point all along - is that we can't get better with this current regime.

Some believe that any manager out of work would jump at the chance, but no names that are realistic have been given as examples.

Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:23 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:This has been my point all along - is that we can't get better with this current regime.

Some believe that any manager out of work would jump at the chance, but no names that are realistic have been given as examples.

It's easy to say there's no one out there that would work under this regime but if you asked that question this time last year, who would have come up with Bulut's name....?

Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:33 pm

Just need a starting left back, two wingers and two centre forwards to build on a solid base

Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:41 pm

MikeO76 wrote:

I see your point regarding the fire sale, but there are many other players that would command a fee but have had there value diminished over the season due to Bulut's style of play.

Ralls - Over 400 proffessional appearances in the champoinship, premiership and cups.
Turnbull - 125 appearances for Celtic including Champions league.
Ethan Horvath - Promotion to the Premisr League with Forest and Luton.
Siopis - Played in top teams in both Greece and Turkey with 29 caps for Greece.
Ruben Colwill - A very talented young player with bags of potential who needs the right manager to coach him.
Callum O'Dowda - A very versatile player on the left. Been out injured most of the season but I think most would agree was one of our best players last season.
Jan Alnwick - Proved himself to be a very good keeper this season.
Aaron Ramsey - There would definitely been many teams who would take a chance on him.

All very good championship players. Add your 3 choices to that and some of the loanees and for me that makes a very good championship squad capable of top 10 if not pushing for play offs.

None of these players has real pace. Why we can’t attack very well.