Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Surely the players

Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:13 pm

Surely if the players are unsure about their future in city colours
With the uncertainty of the managers contract you would think they would be trying their utmost to put themselves in the shop window for possible buyers .....not seeing a lot of that

Re: Surely the players

Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:49 pm

Just a job to them and very few of them could care less.

Most of them have contracts either with us or their parent clubs and they know that their sizeable salaries will be paid no matter how much effort they bother putting in.

Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:43 pm

davids wrote:Just a job to them and very few of them could care less.

Most of them have contracts either with us or their parent clubs and they know that their sizeable salaries will be paid no matter how much effort they bother putting in.

Spot On .

Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:14 am

They are not fans, they are contractors. Some are fans, the local kids and maybe Ralls nowadays. There is also personal pride and incentives, but if the manager sends out defenders and defensive midfielders I doubt we are capable of racking up a decent score.

In truth how many care about their employers, really care? Maybe your branch, office or factory, just for your circumstance, but if its not looking good for you then you are off or are very cautious in the commitment stakes. One company I worked for used to post its share price, I didn't give a fcuk as I didn't have shares.

It must be such a buzz playing in front of 20K people all wanting you to excel, but that energy can also turn negative and cripple you.