Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

When is Turnbull going to get a chance?

Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:43 pm

Bulut has to drop Wintle, Ramsey isn’t fully fit and Joe only lasts 60-70mins. Siopis is a no brainer, he has to start in midfield in front of the defenders. Colwill keeps getting looked over and being used as a scapegoat.

When is Turnbull going to get a shot? We have an international midfielder who has played Champions League football and he’s warming the bench.

Re: When is Turnbull going to get a chance?

Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:58 pm

Colwill has been poor lately, can’t really say he’s being used as a scapegoat.

Also think Turnbull should start on Monday but not right to say he hasn’t had a chance.

He’s started the last four games before today.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:55 am

Colwill is overrated. I really don’t get what people see in him. He’s had chance after chance with different managers and it’s the same outcome. Sulking around the pitch.

He’s a poor man’s Lee Tomlin (who under Neil Harris, dragged us into the playoffs on his own) Colwill has played in 32 games this season, 1 goal and 0 assists paints the picture. Turnbull should play as the shadow striker.. that’s his best position.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:03 am

ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:Colwill is overrated. I really don’t get what people see in him. He’s had chance after chance with different managers and it’s the same outcome. Sulking around the pitch.

He’s a poor man’s Lee Tomlin (who under Neil Harris, dragged us into the playoffs on his own) Colwill has played in 32 games this season, 1 goal and 0 assists paints the picture. Turnbull should play as the shadow striker.. that’s his best position.

I agree. From what I’ve seen he’s our most creative player. An accurate passer who always looks forward. Reminds me a bit of Whitts.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:03 pm

ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:Colwill is overrated. I really don’t get what people see in him. He’s had chance after chance with different managers and it’s the same outcome. Sulking around the pitch.

Totally agree overated

Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:33 pm

Backtoblue wrote:

Totally agree overated

Agreed
Fed up of hearing the word ‘potential’ as he’s old enough to be fulfilling it now.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:39 pm

TURNBULL IS too much of a sideways and backword passer, he slows the game too much in the system i think he would suit a free roam number 10 spot but we aint got the team to allow him to do that, alot of celtic fans said that about him too

Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:06 pm

kyle08 wrote:TURNBULL IS too much of a sideways and backword passer, he slows the game too much in the system i think he would suit a free roam number 10 spot but we aint got the team to allow him to do that, alot of celtic fans said that about him too

Completely disagree, he’s always looking to move the ball forward.

He’s much better than Colwill, who people like you make out is like Messi.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:13 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
kyle08 wrote:TURNBULL IS too much of a sideways and backword passer, he slows the game too much in the system i think he would suit a free roam number 10 spot but we aint got the team to allow him to do that, alot of celtic fans said that about him too

1 goal, 0 assists for Colwill this season. Who has had plenty of chances. He was puffing after 20 mins yesterday. Not sure if he’s fit enough or he has a very bad attitude.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:20 pm

ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

1 goal, 0 assists for Colwill this season. Who has had plenty of chances. He was puffing after 20 mins yesterday. Not sure if he’s fit enough or he has a very bad attitude.

I’d like to see turnbull get a decent run. Think he’ll offer more than colwell, mind he be hard pushed to offer less. Lol