Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result be of Coventry City v Cardiff City?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:00 pm

Coventry City win (1/2)
68%
Cardiff City win (5/1)
28%
Draw (10/3)
4%

Total votes : 25

MATCH THREAD: “ COVENTRY CITY v CARDIFF CITY “ MATCH THREAD

Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:00 pm

COVENTRY CITY v CARDIFF CITY
Monday 1st April, 3pm
Sky Bet Championship
CBS Arena

Cardiff have sold 1,600 tickets, Cardiff fans can pay on the day.

PAY ON THE DAY:

Coventry away end holds 2,500 and Cardiff Fans can pay on the day / hopefully at least 2,000

Tickets for Monday's match can be purchased from the away turnstiles at the Coventry Building Society Arena.

Erol Bulut:

Relegation does not seem to be a realistic threat with the bottom three 14 points behind, but Bulut does not want his players to simply go through the motions in the final stages of the campaign, even if they might not have much to play for.

"Maybe they think like this but I don't think so," he said.

"I told them when they came in [to the changing room], 'we cannot be comfortable because we have 53 points'.

"We still have seven more games to play and have to get as many points as we can.

"We can't stop the season from now. Everyone has to come back from this performance and in the last seven games we have to give our best, for the fans first of all and for the club, also for themselves.

"There will have to be a change mentally when we are on the field."

TEAM NEWS:

Erol Bulut:

“JC has a bit of a problem with his hamstring, so it looks like he won’t be with us on Monday .

Kion [Etete] is also training with us, but he won’t be ready to start, nor Jak [Alnwick]. We have to be careful, but I don’t think it will be long until he is back.”

“McGuinness is back in full training.”

Joel Colwill and Cian Ashford are on contention for inclusion in the squad.

Cardiff manager Erol Bulut:

"Until minute 12 in the Sunderland game when we conceded a penalty, everything was fine. After that, we lost totally our confidence, our playing shape. We couldn't create.

"This is disappointing. We couldn't wake up. We lost a lot of duels, a lot of individual mistakes were made. When you make this many mistakes, you cannot expect to win the game.

"During the international break, the players trained really well so I was expecting a much better game. To see that performance today, it hurts.

"Today I have to be honest, from the 39 games we've played this season, this was one of the worst. I have to be clear about that. I didn't like it at all."

The Opposition's Manager

Mark Robins began his second spell in charge of Coventry in 2017.

In that time, he has taken them from League Two to the Championship.

Last season they were a penalty shootout away from the Premier League but lost to Luton.

Despite a slow start to this season and selling two of their best players from last season (Gyokeres and Hamer), he again has them competing for the top six.

Opposition Dangerous Players

Ellis Simms has eleven league goals this season, including two goals on Friday.

Haji Wright has scored 14 league goals this season.

Head To Head 

We beat Coventry 3-2 at CCS in September.

That was one of two wins against them in the last five meetings, with them also winning two.

Team News - Predicted Line-Ups

Coventry City: Collins, Latibeaudiere, Thomas, Kitching, Bidwell, Eccles, Sheaf, Palmer, Van Ewijk, Wright, Simms

Cardiff City: Horvath, Ng, Goutas, Phillips, Wilson-Esbrand, Ralls, Wintle, Colwill, Bowler, O’Dowda, Grant

Last Game

We lost 2-0 at home to Sunderland on Friday.

On the same day, Coventry won 3-1 at Huddersfield.

Match Odds

Coventry City - 1/2
Cardiff City - 5/1
Draw - 10/3

Predictions

Post your predictions below  :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: LATEST NEWS “ COVENTRY CITY v CARDIFF CITY “ MATCH THREA

Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:05 pm

A heavy home win.

Today was worse than Swansea away! and next season will be far worse. I’m f*cking glad I won’t have much time to attend home games. Start my new job in the army in June and I’ll be very busy for the next 2 years. Hopefully by then Tan will have sold us :occasion5:

Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:24 pm

ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:A heavy home win.

Today was worse than Swansea away! and next season will be far worse. I’m f*cking glad I won’t have much time to attend home games. Start my new job in the army in June and I’ll be very busy for the next 2 years. Hopefully by then Tan will have sold us :occasion5:

I’m going on Monday and looking forward to it, hopefully much better than today.

Personally I’m gutted when I can’t go and watch our games for whatever reason. Despite recent performances/results, I have never been “glad” to not go to a game and doubt I ever will.

But each to their own I guess.

Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:32 pm

how many expected to travel ?

Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:57 am

Updated:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:59 am

Erol Bulut:

Cardiff manager Erol Bulut:

"Until minute 12 in the Sunderland game when we conceded a penalty, everything was fine. After that, we lost totally our confidence, our playing shape. We couldn't create.

"This is disappointing. We couldn't wake up. We lost a lot of duels, a lot of individual mistakes were made. When you make this many mistakes, you cannot expect to win the game.

"During the international break, the players trained really well so I was expecting a much better game. To see that performance today, it hurts.

"Today I have to be honest, from the 39 games we've played this season, this was one of the worst. I have to be clear about that. I didn't like it at all."

Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:07 am

Remaining Fixtures:

16/03/2024 Swansea City 2 Cardiff City 0 Crowd 20,005 Away Support 1,700

29/03/2024 Cardiff City v Sunderland 2 Crowd 22,142 Away Support 2,180

01/04/2024 15:00 Coventry City v Cardiff City Crowd Away Support

06/04/2024 15:00 Cardiff City v Hull City
10/04/2024 19:45 Birmingham City (a)
13/04/2024 15:00 Millwall (a)
20/04/2024 15:00 Southampton (h)
27/04/2024 15:00 Middlesbrough (h)

04/05/2024 12:30 Rotherham United (a)

Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:10 am

TEAM NEWS:

Erol Bulut:

“JC has a bit of a problem with his hamstring, so it looks like he won’t be with us on Monday .

Kion [Etete] is also training with us, but he won’t be ready to start, nor Jak [Alnwick]. We have to be careful, but I don’t think it will be long until he is back.”

“McGuinness is back in full training.”

Joel Colwill and Cian Ashford are on contention for inclusion in the squad.

Re: TEAM NEWS: “ COVENTRY CITY v CARDIFF CITY “ MATCH THREAD

Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:19 am

Erol Bulut:

Asked if a lack of clarity about his future might be a contributing factor, Bulut said: "It can be."

The former Fenerbahce boss added: "I don't have any problems. I respect it from the board if they are not coming with a new offer.

"I'm focusing on my job until the end of the season. Until now we haven't had any communication about that, so let's see."

Relegation does not seem to be a realistic threat with the bottom three 14 points behind, but Bulut does not want his players to simply go through the motions in the final stages of the campaign, even if they might not have much to play for.

"Maybe they think like this but I don't think so," he said.

"I told them when they came in [to the changing room], 'we cannot be comfortable because we have 53 points'.

"We still have seven more games to play and have to get as many points as we can.

"We can't stop the season from now. Everyone has to come back from this performance and in the last seven games we have to give our best, for the fans first of all and for the club, also for themselves.

"There will have to be a change mentally when we are on the field."

Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:02 am

PAY ON THE DAY:

Coventry away end holds 2,500 and Cardiff Fans can pay on the day / hopefully at least 2,000

Tickets for Monday's match can be purchased from the away turnstiles at the Coventry Building Society Arena.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:44 am

3-0 or 4-0 Coventry

Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:06 pm

Put the young players in , at least they should have the hunger and fight in them to prove their worth ,
Other than that I just can’t see a win here , actually not looking forward to this trip now

Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:06 pm

Cardiff have sold over 1,600 tickets for Coventry but it's also pay on the day.

Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:49 am

The Sky Blues return to action at the Coventry Building Society Arena on Easter Monday, as they host Cardiff City in Championship action.

Meet The Bluebirds:

Cardiff City head into Monday afternoon's fixture sat in midtable in the Sky Bet Championship, still reeling from their defeat to Swansea City in a recent Welsh derby.

Prior to that defeat, the Bluebird were flying after four consecutive victories coming against Ipswichj Town, Huddersfield Town, Bristol City and Stoke City.

Coventry supporters will be very familiar with Josh Wilson-Esbrand given the part he played in helping the Sky Blues to Wembley last season.

Perry Ng has bebn Cardiff's stand-out star and top scorere (6) from right back this campaign, with Joe Ralls and Jamilu Collins also impressing.

Karlan Grant provides the attacking threat in a team who have only scored 43 goals this season. Only Bristol City and Millwall have scored fewer amongst teams outside of the division's bottom six.

Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:54 am

Officials:

Leigh Doughty will be the man in the middle of our Sky Bet Championship fixture against Cardiff City at the Coventry Building Society Arena.

It will be the second time this season that Doughty will take charge of a Sky Blues fixture, with his last outing coming during the 2-2 draw with Bristol City in January.

So far this campaign, Leigh has issued 113 yellow cards and 3 red cards across the Carabao Cup, League Two, League One and Championship.

Doughty will be assisted by Nigel Lugg and Graham Kane, whilst Dean Whitestone will act as fourth official.

Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:30 am

Coventry are likely to once again be without Tatsuhiro Sakamoto, who looks set to be sidelined for the rest of the season due to a back injury.

Midfielder Jamie Allen is also on the treatment table.

Erol Bulut has no fresh injury concerns, although it remains to be seen whether Jamilu Collins will play any part.

The full-back missed the defeat at home to Sunderland on Friday after picking up a hamstring injury on international duty. It remains to seen whether he will be involved here.

Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:38 am

I just hope he starts playing the youngsters, and Ramsey from today.

Season is done. Get the youngsters in, and let them play with freedom.

Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:43 am

I got 11/2 on a Cardiff win so I’m going 0-1 :bluescarf: (Turnbull) :occasion5:

Re: MATCH THREAD: “ COVENTRY CITY v CARDIFF CITY “ MATCH THR

Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:34 pm

Why not put the man out his obvious misery? Either give him a contract as per the politician or tell him he got to end of season.

Make life better for everyone including us fans oh wait a minute we don't matter.

Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:02 pm

I see nothing other than a Coventry win

Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:03 pm

Bluebirds

Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:07 pm

Football mainly in midfield

Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:10 pm

Great save by Horvath

Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:13 pm

All Coventry at moment

Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:17 pm

Worrying how easy its been for Cov to get some shots off

Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:21 pm

Never a penalty

Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:22 pm

Logie wrote:Worrying how easy its been for Cov to get some shots off

Yeah we're giving them way too much time and space.

Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:24 pm

1-0

Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:26 pm

Too easy.

Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:26 pm

Surprise, surprise.

Comes down the left again!