Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Time to stop playing the loan players

Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:26 pm

Given that there's nothing left to play for this season, is it time to stop playing the loan signings and give a run to players who will be here next season?

Re: Time to stop playing the loan players

Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:39 pm

dazza wrote:Given that there's nothing left to play for this season, is it time to stop playing the loan signings and give a run to players who will be here next season?

Ha! I said exactly this to my friend after the game... :thumbup:

Time to start thinking about next season right now... :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:40 pm

Def:

Let’s get our younger players playing.

Bulut, enough now, start playing them.

Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:48 pm

Sven wrote:
dazza wrote:Given that there's nothing left to play for this season, is it time to stop playing the loan signings and give a run to players who will be here next season?

Ha! I said exactly this to my friend after the game... :thumbup:

Time to start thinking about next season right now... :ayatollah:

Me too Chris. We’ll see the skill, attitude and fight that the ones were left with have.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:40 pm

I think we stick with Philips playing at the back but the rest give some game time to the youngsters

Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:30 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:I think we stick with Philips playing at the back but the rest give some game time to the youngsters

Yes I agree.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:38 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Roath_Blue wrote:I think we stick with Philips playing at the back but the rest give some game time to the youngsters

Yes I agree.

Yes, that's fair enough, as I'd like to think (maybe more in hope) he'll be here again next season...

However, we have Mark McGuiness to come back and he's let no one down at all... :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:03 pm

Has Bulut’s contract got any bonus payments based on league position or number of points gained in the season?
If so, he will be selecting what he deems to be the strongest 11, and not looking to the kids or the future, especially if he has no new contract agreed.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:09 pm

Couldn't agree more we ain't benefiting by playing the loan players now.

Rubin and Joel in midfield and one of the younger ones upfront please, I also liked the look at the left back from the u21s I forgot his name I'd give him a go aswell

Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:19 am

Take a look at the ages of the players who Sunderland put out against us on Good Friday .