Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING EROL BULUT: “ WOW “

Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:28 pm

Bulut says tonight:

Erol Bulut:

We can’t make decisions on pre season, we can’t give certainty to players or my family”.

“The Board won’t tell me or answer and we are left not knowing what’s happening.”

“If a new manager is coming in, no problem. But we need to know”

“ The club missed an opportunity in December to get a new deal sorted and it led to a negative moment.“

“For the club & for the players it’s important what happens next season. We can’t make any plans
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: BREAKING EROL BULUT: “ WOW “

Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:39 pm

This statement doesn't fill me with confidence regarding the way our club is run in terms of: a clear plan for the future, genuine football knowledge amongst the board, do they actually care about CCFC and their loyal 'customers'.

I think it's simply a case of taking our money and just do enough to survive in the Championship. Are we happy with the status quo here?

Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:45 pm

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:This statement doesn't fill me with confidence regarding the way our club is run in terms of: a clear plan for the future, genuine football knowledge amongst the board, do they actually care about CCFC and their loyal 'customers'.

I think it's simply a case of taking our money and just do enough to survive in the Championship. Are we happy with the status quo here?

Our Club is run by a Dictator and a bunch of Clowns

Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:47 pm

Poor excuse for me. Earn your contract! Don't use the absolute pathetic last 2 performances as a tool to get a decision!! Buck lands with you today when 80% of the players didn't give a shit.

Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:52 pm

The answer is simple. Don’t do what they want. Silent protest. Don’t buy season tickets - certainly not in the next month.

Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:52 pm

Whatever you think of Bulut, the way this club has been run for years is unsustainable. You can’t just take it year by year.

These comments prove that yet again there is no plan.

Bulut not doing himself any favours by saying this is public but on this he is right.

There has to be some sort of plan.

Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:54 pm

SB 1927 wrote:Poor excuse for me. Earn your contract! Don't use the absolute pathetic last 2 performances as a tool to get a decision!! Buck lands with you today when 80% of the players didn't give a shit.

What are you on about?

These comments don’t reference today’s game at all. So it’s got nothing to do with excuses.

He’s just saying he doesn’t know what will happen and whether he’ll still be at the club or not. So he can’t plan, his family don’t know what to do, his players can’t plan, nobody can plan.

Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:54 pm

SB 1927 wrote:Poor excuse for me. Earn your contract! Don't use the absolute pathetic last 2 performances as a tool to get a decision!! Buck lands with you today when 80% of the players didn't give a shit.

Totally agree. As a manager you should not let your personal circumstances affect the players performance. Get rid of him now.

Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:55 pm

The club, just like most of our fans are unsure he deserves it .

Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:55 pm

Sadly, no surprise; but it does leave us wondering what on Earth is going on...?

I am intrigued by his last but one sentence (quote): "The club missed an opportunity in December to get a new deal sorted and it led to a negative moment."

Clearly, he indicating 'something' was happening but then didn't... :?

Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:56 pm

not for me, this team is awful and hes got them working wounders.

league 1 team in mid table in championship, this is down to the god awful board we have

Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:57 pm

Putting this on both threads as it's pertinent to both.

I've been saying since the start of the season that we cannot keep chopping & changing the manager & expecting miracles straight away. We need to pick someone & stick with them through the good & bad results until we come out the other side with the same guy in place and a team worthy of the name. 2 seasons should be the minimum as long as we're not sitting in a relegation spot, give someone time to build a team & get rid of the dead wood but us the fans also need to be patient & not throw our toys out of the pram at a run of bad results.

Maybe all of this not knowing is running through the team & causing a lot of the issues as the players don't know if the manager will be here next season or not, someone needs to make a decision and go with it. The team is deflated, the manager is deflated & the fans are pissed off, it's never going to get better until someone sticks with a plan.

Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:05 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:Putting this on both threads as it's pertinent to both.

I've been saying since the start of the season that we cannot keep chopping & changing the manager & expecting miracles straight away. We need to pick someone & stick with them through the good & bad results until we come out the other side with the same guy in place and a team worthy of the name. 2 seasons should be the minimum as long as we're not sitting in a relegation spot, give someone time to build a team & get rid of the dead wood but us the fans also need to be patient & not throw our toys out of the pram at a run of bad results.

Maybe all of this not knowing is running through the team & causing a lot of the issues as the players don't know if the manager will be here next season or not, someone needs to make a decision and go with it. The team is deflated, the manager is deflated & the fans are pissed off, it's never going to get better until someone sticks with a plan.

That's how I see it, his family don't live here he can't obviously commit to buying a house on a short term contract and bring his family over.

Then there is players who won't join or commit because the manager might not be here the season after, he mentioned something happened in December, I wounder if it was to do with a player not wanting to join unless he was tied to a long term contract?

So many questions but as always with this poor excuse of a board we are left in the lurch guessing

Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:11 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

What are you on about?

These comments don’t reference today’s game at all. So it’s got nothing to do with excuses.

He’s just saying he doesn’t know what will happen and whether he’ll still be at the club or not. So he can’t plan, his family don’t know what to do, his players can’t plan, nobody can plan.

Indeed, the overall interview was about today's game and he only resonded to a direcg question about his and the club's future...

Here it is in full... :ayatollah:

Erol Bulut makes contract admission after Cardiff City horror show against Sunderland
[sixe=85]By Tom Coleman[/size]

The Cardiff boss is out of contract this summer and there hasn't yet been any clarity on whether he will be offered a new deal

Erol Bulut admits uncertainty over his Cardiff City future might be affecting his players after watching his side turn in what he believes was one of their worst performances of the season so far against Sunderland.

An Adil Aouchiche penalty and a strike from Jobe Bellingham condemned the Bluebirds to back-to-back defeats, with City showing little sign of stirring themselves after their stinging defeat in the South Wales derby a fortnight ago.

Cardiff were booed off at full time, and Bulut admits his side were well below the level shown in training during the recent international break.

Until minute 12, when we conceded a penalty, everything was fine," he said. "After that, we lost totally our confidence, our playing shape. We couldn’t create.

“This is disappointing. We couldn’t wake up. We lost a lot of duels, a lot of individual mistakes were made. When you make this many mistakes, you cannot expect to win the game.

“During the international break, the players trained really well so I was expecting a much better game. To see that performance today, it hurts.

“Today I have to be honest, from the 39 games we’ve played this season, this was one of the worst. I have to be clear about that. I didn’t like it at all
.”

Cardiff now look like having nothing to play for as they approach the next seven games, although Bulut doesn't believe his players are already on the beach heading into the final weeks of the season.

Maybe they think like this but I don’t think so," he added. "I told them when they came in [to the changing room], ‘We cannot be comfortable because we have 53 points’.

“We still have seven more games to play and have to get as many points as we can.

“We can’t stop the season from now. Everyone has to come back from this performance and in the last seven games we have to give our best, for the fans first of all and for the club, also for themselves.

“There will have to be a change mentally when we are on the field
.”

The uncertainty over Bulut's own future has perhaps dealt a further blow to providing a possible incentive to the players, who are clearly none the wiser over whether the Turk will still be in charge next term.

It can be," Bulut added when asked if his contract situation was having an impact. "I don’t have any problems. I respect it from the board if they are not coming with a new offer.

“I’m focusing on my job until the end of the season. Until now we haven’t had any communication about that, so let’s see
.”

Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:15 pm

kyle08 wrote:

not for me, this team is awful and hes got them working wounders.

league 1 team in mid table in championship, this is down to the god awful board we have

Working wonders, for real??? Granted he hasn't spent any money but who has (the big 3 and Hull aside). He's dished out some handsome wages Im pretty sure of that. He may not have got his first choice players in but he's still signed 14 in total since the start of the season, 5 or 6 of which started today. Suppose he has delivered relegation safety though.

Your right on the awful. They really are just an embarrassing laughing stock. Tan's just waiting for a miracle and we've all unfortunately gotta ride along with him. We've gotta be 1 of the worse run clubs in championship history!

Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:34 pm

It's always someone's else's fault.... shock!!

Maybe the board are unsure whether he's the right man to take us forward.

I think there's a lot of people who feel the same

Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:36 pm

Nickoblue23 wrote:It's always someone's else's fault.... shock!!

There was no bigger 'deflector' than Warnock; the difference being that he got consistent results... :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:37 pm

Totally agree , we've gone with the unknown foreign manager and sadly it hasn't worked he's not cheap either apparently one of the highest paid managers in the league .

Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:43 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Totally agree , we've gone with the unknown foreign manager and sadly it hasn't worked he's not cheap either apparently one of the highest paid managers in the league .

Where did you expect us to finish this season? Lots at the beginning said we will be lucky to say up.

Mid table with the board not spending money is all we was ever going to get, if tan don't spend this summer he might as well sell up

Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:44 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Personally I think they made a decision NOT to extend his contract a while ago.

I'm hoping there are new owners on the radar who will bring in their own manager.

Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:45 pm

The board and owner are completely inept and are absolutely clueless about running a football club

They make the same mistake EVERY SINGLE year it’s pathetic

Bulut should have had a contract extension sorted months ago. If they aren’t going to do that then he should have been sacked after the Swansea debacle

Yet again there is obviously no plan for next season

I’m just completely bored with the club I have supported all my life

Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:56 pm

kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Where did you expect us to finish this season? Lots at the beginning said we will be lucky to say up.

Mid table with the board not spending money is all we was ever going to get, if tan don't spend this summer he might as well sell up

Not spending ? We've spent a bit this sesaon these loans don't come cheap frees transfers cost a bit too .

Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:57 pm

Say what you want about the managers position but nobody can disagree that our football is absolutely boring to watch sideways,and backwards , hardly getting the fans off their seats .

Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:58 pm

jonohowells wrote:Say what you want about the managers position but nobody can disagree that our football is absolutely boring to watch sideways,and backwards , hardly getting the fans off their seats .

Agree .

Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:58 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Wez disagrees with a manager criticising the board…. I’m shocked :lol:

Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:59 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez disagrees with a manager criticising the board…. I’m shocked :lol:

How have you worked that out of my reply ? Ffs

Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:02 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

What are you on about?

It was in context to the game in his post match interview. That's what I was on about.

Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:06 pm

Continues to be not humble or accountable and play the blame game. Continues to scapegoat Colwill. Continues to tinker with the front and middle 3. Continues to make bizarre substitutions. Continues to play rigid, sideways low intensity non pressing football. Continues to be well beaten at home by poorer sides near the bottom, and today by a very young team.

Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:18 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:Continues to be not humble or accountable and play the blame game. Continues to scapegoat Colwill. Continues to tinker with the front and middle 3. Continues to make bizarre substitutions. Continues to play rigid, sideways low intensity non pressing football. Continues to be well beaten at home by poorer sides near the bottom, and today by a very young team.

Totally agree. It wouldn't bother me if he left.

Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:18 pm

wez1927 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Not spending ? We've spent a bit this sesaon these loans don't come cheap frees transfers cost a bit too .

Ok and how many players did we ship out to finance the 5th and 6th choice players that not other club wanted ?