Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bulut - Meeting

Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:25 pm

Don’t shoot the messenger.

Probably just rumours, but someone has mentioned to me that after the game today, that he’s been called in for a meeting.

Re: Bulut - Meeting

Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:27 pm

cardiffboy1995 wrote:Don’t shoot the messenger.

Probably just rumours, but someone has mentioned to me that after the game today, that he’s been called in for a meeting.

On today's performance that'll be him gone :wave: ... but I assume it's only a rumour :laughing6:

Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:31 pm

Could mean anything.

1. A meeting to confirm an extension has been triggered.

2. You won’t be needed after May.

3. There’s a flight to Istanbul leaving soon.

Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:43 pm

Probably pre-arranged but I can't see anything untoward. Overall, the Board must be pleased with the season overall...? :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:05 pm

Sven wrote:Probably pre-arranged but I can't see anything untoward. Overall, the Board must be pleased with the season overall...? :ayatollah:

Not wih that dirge out there AGAIN today. Ultimately fans will vote with their feet. Another season of those performances
at home?....No thanks - Taxi

Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:23 pm

Wiggy wrote:
Sven wrote:Probably pre-arranged but I can't see anything untoward. Overall, the Board must be pleased with the season overall...? :ayatollah:

Not wih that dirge out there AGAIN today. Ultimately fans will vote with their feet. Another season of those performances

I was talking over the whole season; not all of which has been 'shite' :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:26 pm

Sven wrote:
Wiggy wrote:

I was talking over the whole season; not all of which has been 'shite' :ayatollah:

Not all shite- but far too big a portion has been. We were very lucky it was only 2 nil today.

Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:42 pm

Shite game just got back home what a dissapointment took my mate his first this season as he's had a new sprog he said he will skip the rest of the season .

Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:45 pm

mugsy wrote:
Sven wrote:
Wiggy wrote:

Not all shite- but far too big a portion has been. We were very lucky it was only 2 nil today.

On that we agree.. ! :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:51 pm

Playing against a mid table team with 2 full backs rarely crossing the half way line, 2 wingbacks rarely further forward, 2 defensive midfielders, Bowler who rarely goes outside his man, an isolated centre forward and predictably took Colwill off even though he always looks to go forward and make things happen. No sign of our 3 young bucks even on the bench and no game time for Tanner. So frustrating and miserable to watch. Is Bullit the answer - I don’t know. But either way a decision must be conveyed to him, his staff and the supporters by this week.

Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:56 pm

Brezza wrote:Playing against a mid table team with 2 full backs rarely crossing the half way line, 2 wingbacks rarely further forward, 2 defensive midfielders, Bowler who rarely goes outside his man, an isolated centre forward and predictably took Colwill off even though he always looks to go forward and make things happen. No sign of our 3 young bucks even on the bench and no game time for Tanner. So frustrating and miserable to watch. Is Bullit the answer - I don’t know. But either way a decision must be conveyed to him, his staff and the supporters by this week.

To be fair, Bowler was actually alright today. One of our better players and at least he put the effort in.

Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:56 pm

I hope this is true, and I hope our beloved club shows some balls and say enough is enough. Never been convinced, Slades football was champagne compared to this. A dreadful manager thanks for the 3 derby wins and best of luck. But please, no more of that!

Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:05 pm

Roy set in after Ipswich away...boring manager who turns wins into losses..I think he's lost the players

Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:10 pm

Would' nt bother me if he went i thought stability but you have to have the right man for it
and a style of play that the fans want to turn up to watch.
And after todays performance thats 2 on the trot where we looked not bothered nothing to play for
but how do they think us fans feel.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:32 am

Probably saying to Bulut that he could stay but only spend what you sell...and ultimately it could mean that Bulut will not be happy to spend next to nothing in the summer and decides to walk away after this season.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:20 am

I was told this morning Tan and Dalman are totally divided.

Tan wants Bulut gone, Dalman wants Bulut to have another season for stability.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:23 am

There was lots of noise from Dalman that Bulut isn't cheap if that's the case then get someone more adept at the championship as this lad is still struggling after 40 games and having players like Ralls and Ramsey in the group whom he can talk to, one is champions league class while the other has 400 appearances at championship (& premier)

I was surprised that Buluts name or image wasn't mentioned on the season ticket launch, so I guess the club will not take up the option and the players know it.

I believe the manager's role should have been retired at the turn of the century. The role is from a bygone era, we only need a head coach as the DoF or Sporting Director normally makes the strategic decisions and has to explain them to the fans, but that is the gaping hole in the club, who the hell makes footballing strategic decisions?

Was Choo or Dalman even there yesterday?

Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:49 am

Forever Blue wrote:I was told this morning Tan and Dalman are totally divided.

I want stability but I don't see how Buluts base tactic works next season.

3 big players Ralls, Siopis & WIntle are predominately stoppers.
We have two ball carriers in Rambo whose body can't be relied on and Colwill who doesn't know if he is a 10,6, 8 or a winger.
Ng is a defend first full back not a wingback, no left back,
Meite & Davies are our wide forwards, no idea what Robinson feels is his position because I thought we bought a striker

We can not be a possession based team in the championship with that lot !!!!!

So I am on team Tan on this one, sorry.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:59 am

Tan already scouring the lower leagues for anybody willing to take the job for £5 a week and a Mars Bar and who can find that elusive 20 goal a season keeper.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:15 pm

What that says to me is that if Dalman gets his way then VT is not going to finance Bulut in the transfer window.

Either way he's gone

Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:25 pm

llan bluebird wrote:

We have two ball carriers in Rambo whose body can't be relied on and Colwill who doesn't know if he is a 10,6, 8 or a winger.
Meite & Davies are our wide forwards, no idea what Robinson feels is his position because I thought we bought a striker

I don't blame Tan here and that is coming for me.

Tan knows nothing about football so now is relying on Dalman to come up with a solution. This present solution is hard on the eye and very difficult to accept. Dalman has his point though, I wonder if he mentioned to Tan that they have not fully supported Bulut?

Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:40 pm

If bulut had been able to get the players he wanted and we'd finished 14th then I agree time to go.

But I would like to see what he can do given the full support of the club. He has the contacts and I think we could have a potentially good season next year.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:40 pm

So when Tan gets his way , Morrison will be on his way back then
What a joke

Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:44 pm

That's very interesting, Annis; and a topic that is sure to divide opinion...

For me, in the apparent absence of a class appointment of the like of Steve Cooper (minus Tate), Erol Bulut should be given another season with adequate backing to fimally have some stability...

Despite sime pretty disappointing results at times, we are miles away from relegation and not that far off the play-offs when we consider the number of games our players have literally handed to the opposition... :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:50 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:

I don't blame Tan here and that is coming for me.

Tan knows nothing about football so now is relying on Dalman to come up with a solution. This present solution is hard on the eye and very difficult to accept. Dalman has his point though, I wonder if he mentioned to Tan that they have not fully supported Bulut?

And there lies the conundrum. Does anyone, Tan included, believe that the end product would be better if Bulut was given a sizeable war chest with which to work with? I'm guessing more and more people believe the answer to be no.

If there was the slightest hint that Bulut was overseeing a gradual but noticeable improvement to the team's performance then yes it would be foolish for the board not to wholeheartedly support him next season. Sadly this is most definitely not the case.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:06 pm

This whole switching the manager all the time is ruining us.

If we sack Bulut we should give Wiggy the job so that we can all see first hand that complaining every time we lose doesn't mean you can do a better job.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:27 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:This whole switching the manager all the time is ruining us.

If we sack Bulut we should give Wiggy the job so that we can all see first hand that complaining every time we lose doesn't mean you can do a better job.

I don't think it's a case of everytime we lose the complaints arise and nobody in their right mind truly believe they could manage a football club. BUT what do you think will happen if the fans have to keep putting up with Bulutball week in week out. Their numbers will dwindle and eventually Bulut will go, leaving the club even more fractured than it is now. Stability is one thing but alienating the fan base is quite another. If I was the owner, I certainly wouldn't be in any hurry to secure Bulut's services next season.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:16 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:This whole switching the manager all the time is ruining us.

Mate slag me all you want don't give a hoot. I call like I see and that yesterday was plain SH**E.....again! How many have we lost at home not laying a glove on the oppositon. Our old senior league team would have at least shown some fight.
The number ofpeople who walked out after their second goal says it all. Bulut couldn't motivate Man City first team. Dreary, Italian tip tap football which will have people flocking to Saturday afternoon local park matches. What does Bulut do with them in training all week? Soon as they cross the half way line they're lost!

You happy with that nonsense again yesterday? You want to keep Bulut?

:bluescarf:

Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:22 pm

Presumably Bulut was instrumental in giving Ralls and Wintle new, 2yr contracts. That says enough about what we could expect from him next season.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:12 pm

Loads of interesting thoughts here. Sven mentioned the amount of points thrown away by just handing the game to our opponents - that is worrying in itself and is completely preventable if you play aggressive, front foot football, which sadly we don't.

I see little evidence that EB is learning the unique craft of coping in this division.

Agree with Wiggy's comments too - the football should be entertaining at home but it's dire, turgid stuff much of the time, with little goal threat. Supporters are bring driven away where it should be the opposite.