Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Referee tonight

Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:54 pm

It’s often quick to be pointed out when a referee has a bad game.

But fair play, thought tonight’s referee has been brilliant. The occasion or pressure hasn’t got to him one bit.

One of the best refereeing displays I’ve seen in a while.

Re: Referee tonight

Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:40 pm

Agree - I thought exactly the same.

Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:41 pm

We'll be back to the usual clueless knobhead who should have brought his guide dog on Friday.

Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:42 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:It’s often quick to be pointed out when a referee has a bad game.

But fair play, thought tonight’s referee has been brilliant. The occasion or pressure hasn’t got to him one bit.

Shite i thought moore had his shirt pulled off and held in the box by his shirt a few times never booked the polish guy then sending off was rediculious

Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

montyblue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:It’s often quick to be pointed out when a referee has a bad game.

Shite i thought moore had his shirt pulled off and held in the box by his shirt a few times never booked the polish guy then sending off was rediculious

He did book the Poland defender who kept fouling Moore.

You can’t give a penalty every time there’s a shirt pull in the box or there’d be eight penalties a game. Nobody wants to see that.

We all know that Moore is guilty of throwing himself to the floor anyway.

Referee was very balanced and only got his cards out when he had to.

Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:10 pm

I disagree. I thought he was wank.

The sending off for Mepham was a disgrace.

Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:14 pm

In reply to Worcester, I can’t believe you thought he was brilliant, as he was average at best. He certainly thought a lot of himself, and although I’ve seen worse referees in the Championship, he did not punish the Polish centre back (no.3) for the many fouls on Moore in the penalty box. To say that if he gave a penalty every time there was a shirt pull in the box there’d be eight penalties a game, and nobody would want to see that. Well, I WOULD, as it is spoiling the game and if penalties were given every time, then it would soon stop and we would be back to playing football - this is NOT rugby after all! It is ruining the game that I have loved for 75 years.

Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:52 pm

montyblue wrote:

VAR must have been asleep to miss the Moore shirt pull in the area :(

Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:58 am

The fact you thought he was brilliant shows how poor the standard of referee we normally get, especially Wales!! He was average at best.

Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:27 am

Moore is a big baby, diving all over the place last night. We’ve no one to blame but ourselves. Bottled it in the big game again, no excuses.

Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:01 am

He helped Poland a lot, every time we broke they kicked or pulled someone down, there should have been more bookings early on, we didn't have a chance to break he just let them keep getting away with it.

Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:29 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
montyblue wrote:

He did book the Poland defender who kept fouling Moore.

You can’t give a penalty every time there’s a shirt pull in the box or there’d be eight penalties a game. Nobody wants to see that.

We all know that Moore is guilty of throwing himself to the floor anyway.

Referee was very balanced and only got his cards out when he had to.

Moore was pushed in the back quite blatantly and remonstrated with the ref i whatched it back on record deffo pel.

Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:27 am

Good poor or indifferent he was not reason we lost? Got to remember it's a European ref who see things differently to English refs look at Finland
game ref blew every time moore challenged their player foul or not.... same as championship refs see things differently to premier league ones.... did have VAR to check it aswell..

Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:50 pm

He was shite

Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:27 pm

davids wrote:We'll be back to the usual clueless knobhead who should have brought his guide dog on Friday.

Well I hate to say I told you so :banghead:

The ref was not the reason we lost today but I have to say that penalty decision had me scratching my head.

Their player started diving about a yard away from our defender who didn't seem to touch him at all.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:17 am

davids wrote:
davids wrote:We'll be back to the usual clueless knobhead who should have brought his guide dog on Friday.

Well I hate to say I told you so :banghead:

The ref was not the reason we lost today but I have to say that penalty decision had me scratching my head.

Their player started diving about a yard away from our defender who didn't seem to touch him at all.

Unfortunately city play "touched" him on back in front of ref that was enough for ref to give penalty ... never a pen but that's championship referees for you! In other game today player grabbed shirt held on to it and it was in front of ref but he didn't give pen as was to obvious a penalty ... presume he couldn't believe his eyes so didnt give it :lol: