Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SALA-NANTES-VINCET TAN : “ IMPORTANT “

Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:36 pm

SALA-NANTES-VINCENT TAN:

Due to yet again another court case by Tan and much more expenses / costs / fees for our club.

How I see it and what I know:

And why I believe we will lose:

https://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 2&t=204226

It is important for me to first make it clear that I am offering here an opinion without any real knowledge of the exact facts , or the legal system .

So my views are pure conjecture and speculation and they should be treated as such.

My objective really is to instigate a debate , by us fans, about this important issue to the Club , because if successful the income to the Club can be massive and of extreme importance to our finances .

That is why , I wish Tan all the best in this latest court case and very much hope that we win .

That is why , I am hoping that my reasoning that we will lose is totally wrong.

My intent also is to tell our fans , not to raise their hopes too high at all .

In my opinion , if this case goes all the way …WE WILL LOSE !

Our best chance (and I believe that this is our strategy) is to create enough doubt to make Nantes want to settle for something - rather than go to court …..also at the same time they will save on legal fees.

However , we must remember that Nantes stood firm on three court cases we comprehensively lost against them …and did not settle out of court ….rather we had to pay the court as well as their legal costs.

Following is my reasoning as to why we will probably lose :

(1) First there must be some doubt as to whether McKay was actually Nantes agent . Possibly he was ….but not certain .

(2) Even if he was their agent …what was his remit ? It is inconceivable that the job of Nantes or their agent to have the responsibility of arranging travel for the player . Nante’s relationship is with CCFC is to sell the player’s contract …..nothing to do with the player or his whereabouts.

(3) At the time of the accident Sala was our player . Nantes had nothing to do with him by way of responsibility . Even if McKay was their agent for the transaction at the time of the accident , most definitely he was not their agent anymore ….because his job of securing the deal was finished . To stress this point , what if McKay had arranged the flight one month after he was our player …..would he be acting for Nantes ?

(4) CCFC claim they offered a flight through Paris , but Sala turned it down . So instead he took the fateful flight which CCFC 100% knew about and sent a man to meet him . So we were ok for him to travel on this flight ….and did not stop him.

(5) Our manager and others from the Club have used this same airline company at least a couple of times for the Sala transaction . So were they not worried about the company’s planes and pilots ?

(6) I am not sure of this , but I was told that McKay was very close to Neil Warnock …so was he effectively acting for us to help the deal go through ?

(7) The actual person who helped arrange the flight or at least followed it through and who was the one in direct contact with Sala , was McKay’s son ….who was our player and employee ….so was the son helping us or Nantes …..or even acting for our interest. By the way , how the hell was he our player in the first place ? And why ? Who sanctioned this ?

(8) By virtue of the presumed close relationship with Warnock , could Nantes claim that he was actually acting for us ?

(9) Even if indeed McKay arranged the flight . What was he supposed to do ? Check and be certain that the plane is flight worthy ? Check and know that the pilot is liscenced ? Know that the pilot is not licensed for night flight ? ….all of us always assume that these things are naturally in place and checked by the authorities . The fact is that this company was used happily by us , McKay and others before ….it is going to be difficult to lay the blame on McKay.

(10) What about Sala ? He was desperate to come back to train with us on Monday , with the expectations of playing an important game on Tuesday . He reached out to McKay or his son who did him a favor . Sala wanted to and he decided this route .

(11) Why was Sala in France in the first place ? He was our player and our responsibility . He decided to travel , to say goodbye to his mates and to see to his dog . This had nothing to do with Nantes or McKay. In conclusion , this was a tragic accident and accidents happen .

Will we win ? I do not think so …not in court.

Will it settle out of court ? Possibly , but if so , it will be for a relatively small amount ….not worth all the legal costs and the hassle .

I bloody wish we spend this time on football .

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: SALA-NANTES-VINCET TAN : “ IMPORTANT “

Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:47 pm

Its all relying on this connection between McKay and Nantes. I think its a very weak connection.

Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:48 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Its all relying on this connection between McKay and Nantes. I think its a very weak connection.

He had Ian, more connection with Warnock and Cardiff than Nantes.

Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:51 pm

Reply:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:10 pm

If he looses this court case, this will be his legacy at the club.

I'm sick of all of this now it needs to hurry and end

Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:56 pm

Great summary .

When read like that you can see why we would not succeed.

Need to move on its like a noose around our neck

Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:16 pm

Everyone is entitled to speculate and guess, apart from those in the court making the decision.

Personally, I think Paul Keevil, who has a background in this sort of thing, has given a more technical summary and prediction of what may happen in another post (which for balance should probably be merged into this thread).

What I don’t agree on is that if this is settled that it won’t even cover the costs. No way will that happen because Tan will go all the way to trial if that was the proposal as he will perceive he has nothing to lose.

This is a big thing for our club, not just Tan. If we win then it has massive implications for our position against FFP.

I have said all along that I think at the very least Tan’s position will be vindicated on this. We will never know how much we got back from the insurers but I would suggest it was significant money that has already gone a long way to covering our legal costs with all these cases. If we win/settle this case against Nantes I would say that will be £30m+ and that is massive for the future of this club.

That is just my view as a fan with no knowledge of the French civil legal system but a fair bit of knowledge of the British civil legal system.

Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:16 am

Everything in this thread is complete and utter speculation

Nobody on here knows the facts, the legal system, can speak French or has any knowledge of what McKay’s involvement was

So this thread is irrelevant!!

Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:47 am

All very valid points and it's pretty much how I see it.

The most damaging part for us as a club is the relationship between that absolute scumbag and Warnock. If they hadn't been good chums, I think we'd have a better case but I find it hard to overlook their friendship and their ties/previous dealings.

If you haven't already listened to it, there's a great podcast on bbc sounds that covers every aspect of the transfer. Some really interesting stuff on there. The biggest b@stard in all of it was that Henderson guy, he's the one that knew how bad the plane and pilot was but sanctioned the flight nonetheless. McKay is a close second though for sure. Episode 7 is the tearjerker, just heartbreaking.

Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:56 am

Replies:

Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:40 pm

Suppose everyone's got a view.
Strange post though hmmmmmm.

GO GET THEM Mr Tan.

Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:37 pm

JulesK wrote:Suppose everyone's got a view.
Strange post though hmmmmmm.

GO GET THEM Mr Tan.

And that’s your only comment, instead of debating?

You change like the weather Jules.

Nothing in there You want to be Debate?

Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:19 am

I will debate anytime.

1. I have said Mr Tan needs to sell
Debate.. where's a REALISTIC buyer.
2. Court cases.
Debate... would you not follow legal advice and sue to get your money back and more importantly JUSTICE for TWO deaths. Nobody seems bothered about pilot.
3. McKays.
Debate.. careful what is said as with ongoing cases he could start libel actions.
4.Warnock involvement.
Debate... see answer 3.

As for question 7.
Debate. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to work that out.

That's it from me on this as obviously its Mr Tan.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:51 am

JulesK wrote:I will debate anytime.

2. Court cases.
Debate... would you not follow legal advice and sue to get your money back and more importantly JUSTICE for TWO deaths. Nobody seems bothered about pilot.
3. McKays.
Debate.. careful what is said as with ongoing cases he could start libel actions.
4.Warnock involvement.
Debate... see answer 3.

As for question 7.

I will sum up Jules:

Tan listens to No Abb ice only his own in his head that’s what gets him in trouble.

Never mind Sala Court Cases, Tan has been involved in beyond court cases and lost all of them , our club paying the costs.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

2. Court cases.
3. McKays.
4.Warnock involvement.
Debate... see answer 3.

As for question 7.

I will sum up Jules:

Tan listens to No Abb ice only his own in his head that’s what gets him in trouble.

Never mind Sala Court Cases, Tan has been involved in beyond court cases and lost all of them , our club paying the costs.

No problem in your opinion but Tan has definitely not LOST “every” court case and you and everybody else knows that.

In any event, the current case is what many cases have been leading up to.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:10 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

2. Court cases.
3. McKays.
4.Warnock involvement.
Debate... see answer 3.

As for question 7.

I will sum up Jules:

No problem in your opinion but Tan has definitely not LOST “every” court case and you and everybody else knows that.

Yes he has , come on tell me what he has won?

Even the Riddler, DJ , Ole all had to be paid off £millions.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:51 pm

My reply has been edited? But I will never believe he hasn't taken legal advice.

Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:26 pm

JulesK wrote:My reply has been edited? But I will never believe he hasn't taken legal advice.

Nukes your message been edited to be more respectful

Of course he takes it but never listens lol

Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

2. Court cases.
3. McKays.
4.Warnock involvement.
Debate... see answer 3.

As for question 7.

I will sum up Jules:

Yes he has , come on tell me what he has won?

Even the Riddler, DJ , Ole all had to be paid off £millions.

The Isaacs case for one.

The case against the insurers wasn’t decided in court but he won it.

Malky started and Employment Tribunal case and had to withdraw it with a grovelling public apology.

The Sam case was settled, so didn’t lose it nor win it !!

So Tan hasn’t lost “every” case as you claim, has he ?