Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ CELEBRATING 125 YEARS OF CARDIFF CITY “

Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:09 pm

The 2024/25 campaign will mark 125 years of Cardiff City FC, and we look forward to a very special season ahead of us as we celebrate this historic milestone.

In 1899, Bartley Wilson organised the very first meeting which would inspire the foundations of the club’s long history with the creation of Riverside AFC, a way of keeping players from the Riverside Cricket Club in shape during the winter months.

Nine years later in 1908, three years after Cardiff was granted City status, the club changed its name and became what every Bluebirds fan reveres today… Cardiff City Football Club.

We plan to create a season of celebration that honours the history, people, players and fans that have made Cardiff City FC what it is today! More content about the club’s story and key historic moments will follow over the coming months.

We hope you will join us in this momentous campaign which promises to be one filled with opportunities to celebrate our storied past and look forward to an exciting future.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ CELEBRATING 125 YEARS OF CARDIFF CITY “

Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:21 pm

Hopefully the club will honour the anniversary in an appropriate manner.

I still have nightmares about the last game at Ninian Park!

:o :o :o

Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:46 pm

I hope they celebrate it with the blue and yellow/white stripe shirt.

Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:55 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:I hope they celebrate it with the blue and yellow/white stripe shirt.

Why on earth would they do that when it was only for 2 years in the 70s? It's my favourite kit & I would love it back one day but in 125 years it's just a blip. Using our original kit as an away kit would make much more sense for next season.