Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: SWANSEA DERBY: VINCE ALM NAILS THE PROBLEMS WITH THE CLU

Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:36 am

Until the regime changes then nothing will change.

Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:01 pm

I've just watched a video on Facebook where Swansea have fans in the dressing room giving speeches to the squad and staff telling them what the game means to their fans and how they simply have to beat Cardiff. It's good psychological preparation but to me a basic requirement in match preparation.

I also know that their media dept also produce videos for the squad specially made to motivate them for the game which are also played right up to the game and also on their coach when they travel to us.

These things and much, much more need to be done by us.

I believe this game is won before a ball is ever kicked. And it's in the preparation in the minds of the players beforehand. Brainwashing. Hypnosis. NLP. Speeches. Videos. Fan meetings. The owner, board, manager and coaches drilling into the squad what it means, and the squad drilling it into each other. And then them all telling our fans what it means and they understand, truthfully understand, not empty platitudes.

As I said in the OP, this is a boardroom issue and I want the FAB members to step up and get things finally changed. Treat it as a project. Just get it done.

And I have had an absolutely crackerjack of an idea of how we can all do something to counter and better the swim away nonsense too. It would look amazing when done in our thousands and just as good individually too. It would also make for amazing flags and t shirts too.

I'll post something at some stage as I want to discuss it with a few on here prior for opinion first to see if it's got legs. There's also a clue in there somewhere.

Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:53 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:I've just watched a video on Facebook where Swansea have fans in the dressing room giving speeches to the squad and staff telling them what the game means to their fans and how they simply have to beat Cardiff. It's good psychological preparation but to me a basic requirement in match preparation.

I also know that their media dept also produce videos for the squad specially made to motivate them for the game which are also played right up to the game and also on their coach when they travel to us.

I believe this game is won before a ball is ever kicked. And it's in the preparation in the minds of the players beforehand. Brainwashing. Hypnosis. NLP. Speeches. Videos. Fan meetings. The owner, board, manager and coaches drilling into the squad what it means, and the squad drilling it into each other. And then them all telling our fans what it means and they understand, truthfully understand, not empty platitudes.

As I said in the OP, this is a boardroom issue and I want the FAB members to step up and get things finally changed. Treat it as a project. Just get it done.

And I have had an absolutely crackerjack of an idea of how we can all do something to counter and better the swim away nonsense too. It would look amazing when done in our thousands and just as good individually too. It would also make for amazing flags and t shirts too.

I'll post something at some stage as I want to discuss it with a few on here prior for opinion first to see if it's got legs. There's also a clue in there somewhere.

The swim away should be reversed just as the "You Jack b*stard" was by them. We started it and now they call their own YJB's.
If we all turned up and started doing the swim away, it would nullify what they do. Show them we don't give a fook and laugh at them. Saw a few of ours doing it back at them in 117 at our home game. I thought it was the perfect comeback. :wave:

Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:01 pm

GENERAL CHAT wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:I've just watched a video on Facebook where Swansea have fans in the dressing room giving speeches to the squad and staff telling them what the game means to their fans and how they simply have to beat Cardiff. It's good psychological preparation but to me a basic requirement in match preparation.

The swim away should be reversed just as the "You Jack b*stard" was by them. We started it and now they call their own YJB's.
If we all turned up and started doing the swim away, it would nullify what they do. Show them we don't give a fook and laugh at them. Saw a few of ours doing it back at them in 117 at our home game. I thought it was the perfect comeback. :wave:

I'm in 117 and we do that and your right, it works and is done for the reason you stated. But I want us to have something else too and what I have in mind is much better than theirs and will further neutralise it.

Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:05 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
GENERAL CHAT wrote:

I'm in 117 and we do that and your right, it works and is done for the reason you stated. But I want us to have something else too and what I have in mind is much better than theirs and will further neutralise it.

Look forward to seeing it... :thumbup:

Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:08 pm

GENERAL CHAT wrote:

You are obviously talking of doing the run away motion with a "run away" chant as a response to them running away from Watford recently. I was kinda hoping we would do it away at swansea the other day but it never happened

Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:28 am

Went to the Ipswich game and my son took his partner, first time she has been and was really looking forward to it. She came through turnstile and the ticket didn't work properly (correct turnstile Gate 4). Met with a tirade of a shouting female short arsed swamp donkey steward telling her you should have gone through Gate 5 when clearly the ticket says Gate 4, a pretty vile creature who was told to go away and learn some manners and communications skills.

Left my son's partner a bit stunned to be honest.