Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Obsessed with JB’s being “Obsessed”

Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:02 pm

Bluebina wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Iceblue wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:I genuinely get more pleasure from beating the jacks than I did from promotion.

Spot on.

Ridiculous, it's one game, and promotion is built in a whole season.

Yes I want to beat them but would take the promotion and lose ten nil twice every time, it means we've had a top season and finished in the top two or won the playoffs, but lost a couple of games to some low-life lower league scruffs.

We've got other rivals they've only got us to look up to and pray then can beat us, don't drop to their level.

I don't know you mate but your comments come across as arrogant, which is my main point. This is the south Wales derby and if our fans don't take it seriously, how can we expect the club, manager and players to take it seriously and put the effort in that it needs? If not we may as well forfeit the games beforehand.

You've got the wrong end of the stick, I want to see us batter them next season and fight like mad for every minute, but more important than promotion?

No way, I like to see my team win as many games over a season, not just two because Swansea fans and teams are idiots?

Maybe I'm swayed a bit because I'm not a fan of the premier league, but it does mean everything to me. I also want to see us win as many games as possible but those two are the most important.

You call them idiots, I call them passionate.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:12 pm

MikeO76 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Iceblue wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:I genuinely get more pleasure from beating the jacks than I did from promotion.

Spot on.

Yes I want to beat them but would take the promotion and lose ten nil twice every time, it means we've had a top season and finished in the top two or won the playoffs, but lost a couple of games to some low-life lower league scruffs.

We've got other rivals they've only got us to look up to and pray then can beat us, don't drop to their level.

I don't know you mate but your comments come across as arrogant, which is my main point. This is the south Wales derby and if our fans don't take it seriously, how can we expect the club, manager and players to take it seriously and put the effort in that it needs? If not we may as well forfeit the games beforehand.

You've got the wrong end of the stick, I want to see us batter them next season and fight like mad for every minute, but more important than promotion?

No way, I like to see my team win as many games over a season, not just two because Swansea fans and teams are idiots?

Maybe I'm swayed a bit because I'm not a fan of the premier league, but it does mean everything to me. I also want to see us win as many games as possible but those two are the most important.

Passionate idiots in Googles, rubber rings, and armbands. :laughing6:

Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:13 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Excellent post by the OP Mike,

It’s True Our club from Top to Bottom do not care about the local derbies like us fans.

The truth is they have NO idea about what it means to fans and nor do our players.

You heard all the bullshit that our club would be closer with all the fans, how many times do you hear that bullshit.
It’s actually got further apart.

So yes I am jealous of how close they are with their club and players, years ago we were like them.

Our players don’t really know we exist.

The Jack players mix and mingle with their players.

You get spokespersons on behalf of Dalman and Co putting out every word they want us to hear and usually crap and spin.

All these groups are controlled totally by the Regime.

The player of the Year is NO longer a real fans / players night, it’s a yuppie night in suits and very costly.

If the club does not get closer with our fans and our players we will only get worse and YES I have to admit it hurts to see how close Swansea players / club are with their fans.

They have heart in their club from the bottom and I have read and listened how they for weeks remind their players about the derby match.

Until a few seasons ago I had never missed a derby game with the Jacks since the 70’s but I am so glad I have not rushed back as as much it’s started to become gutting and misery time after time.

Yes we are the biggest club , but they have what we don’t heart and closeness with their players year after year and their players really perform for them beyond compared to us.

I fully understand and agree with you, but is this not then the case that we stop blaming the club, and I agree it's mainly down to them, but take this on ourselves as fans to make sure the players know what this fixture means, make it hostile for their fans and team on arrival at the ground and in the stadium. Start the hype weeks if not months in advance of the game home and away.

I do blame the ones running our club from Dalman, Choo, Nash etc etc

Because the first season we got promoted to the Premiership we changed badly from with in.
They made all the players feel like pre-Madonna’s and started to make it harder and harder for the fans to get close to our players and that has continued.

Their players really do mix with their fans.

As I said the player of the year do which I have over the years been to about 30 times, i plus many of the ordinary fans are no longer made to feel like it’s a fans players do, it’s a posh night and very expensive, done deliberately.

The car park where the players go through was all set up during Premier League days and our fans are kept well at a distance to home and away players.

About 8 years ago two City players said to me our club makes away teams so welcome that it goes against us on the pitch.

The root lies with the distance the club has put between us and the fans.

We should be outside fir Derby games etc when the teams arrive.

But our Supporters groups are controlled totally by the Hierarchy nowadays and do not represent the fans.

That's true Annis, the distance between Owners and the Board, Managers and players is growing they are not doing nearly enough and that was pathetic on Saturday, Swansea are a rubbish team and beat us on effort not ability or tactics.

Agree on making away fans and teams way too comfortable, they used to hate going to Ninian Park, ut most teams love coming here.

What is the answer.....is there an answer? What can we do as fans to close the gap between us and the players so they know what this club means to us?

If we as fans don't do anything, it'll get worse. And Tan doesn't look like he's selling up anytime soon.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:15 pm

Bluebina wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Iceblue wrote:

Spot on.

Passionate idiots in Googles, rubber rings, and armbands. :laughing6:

I'll compromise on passionate idiots in goggles, rubber rings and armbands :thumbup:

Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:39 pm

Down to fan's to boo the f.ck out of the players all this b.ll.cks about upsetting the players get behind them etc whatever
In my book if you want change from the players you need to let them know otherwise they leave the ground laughing and smiling like nothing happened with there head phones on and they don' t get it
Not like the fans who are still p.ss.d off today i bet none of the players are feeling like we are right now managers just says lwts move in etc put it behind us .

Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:15 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Iceblue wrote:

Spot on.

Should we take one game more seriously than another? Afterall every game is only worth 3 points! It's very disingenuous to say manager does not take any competitive game seriously? Same with fans .... judging by your remarks to his comments you are in camp of rather beat swans than get promotion... :roll:

I’ll remember the feeling of Chopras goal for the rest of my life. The elation of promotion was gone as soon as the season started and we got spanked almost every match

Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:26 pm

FB Reply:

Steven Nukes Thomas:

I agree with him OP
The word obsessed really pisses me off now as soon as our fans say obsessed then it shows me it’s the other way round and they are the ones obsessed.
Complaining about the jacks greeting city fans and singing anti Cardiff songs etc.
FFSt this is the local Derby match and it’s the case of City fans are jealous of the jacks as they showing more passion.
But saying that had Cardiff won this jealous behaviour would of been the other way round.
This is the new breed of fan that has taken the laddish element out of football and replaced them with Simps.
Glad I walked with memories of how it used to be not what supporters in general are now like.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:28 pm

FB

Steven Nukes Thomas:

Stephen Harris There is even one Cardiff fan threatening to release a video he recorded of city fans going for a steward.
Just coming out saying he is going to be a grass.
He was so upfront with it put his name to it and I was speechless.
Goes with City fans reporting fellow city fans to the police at reading for a certain chant.
Other city fans reporting Millwall fans to the Police for Racism because they booed Cardiff players taking the knee.
Football for the likes of me is finished I know so many that have walked or now teetering on the edge of leaving and still going out of habit.
And many that go to some games and can’t be bothered with other games.
For those that have encouraged the new breed of fan enjoy what you have created

Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:FB Reply:

Steven Nukes Thomas:

I agree with him OP
The word obsessed really pisses me off now as soon as our fans say obsessed then it shows me it’s the other way round and they are the ones obsessed.
Complaining about the jacks greeting city fans and singing anti Cardiff songs etc.
FFSt this is the local Derby match and it’s the case of City fans are jealous of the jacks as they showing more passion.
But saying that had Cardiff won this jealous behaviour would of been the other way round.
This is the new breed of fan that has taken the laddish element out of football and replaced them with Simps.
Glad I walked with memories of how it used to be not what supporters in general are now like.

Great post.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:33 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Iceblue wrote:

Spot on.

Should we take one game more seriously than another? Afterall every game is only worth 3 points! It's very disingenuous to say manager does not take any competitive game seriously? Same with fans .... judging by your remarks to his comments you are in camp of rather beat swans than get promotion... :roll:

I’ll remember the feeling of Chopras goal for the rest of my life. The elation of promotion was gone as soon as the season started and we got spanked almost every match

In with you there. How any city fan can’t care about losing to the jacks is beyond me.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:35 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Iceblue wrote:

Spot on.

Yes same when we scored in playoff final at millennium stadium game over wild jubilation then start over again next match.... thats the life of a football supporter regardless of what team last played

Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:37 pm

How can you drum up a hostile atmosphere when our club don’t let our fans near the away fans and more so when we play Swansea we should be drowning them out don’t forget our fans have a a bad reputation over years so our club at to do so something about it would help if the a lot more people from the Cardiff areas came out and bought up every ticket when we play them yes they gave us a welcoming committed when we go there and they are all across the road buts that’s because of the location of there ground and don’t forget a lot of our fans come from outside Cardiff and travel quite a distance to get to Cardiff like I do so don’t stand around waiting for them to turn up

Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:57 pm

Reply:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:59 pm

Mike, I appreciate your OP but after reading it, I'd like to know what's your reasoning behind our classy win at home earlier in the season when we were the better, more committed team on the day and everyone, including some contributors to this thread, were lauding Erol Bulut and his team for finally 'getting' it...? :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:05 pm

Reply:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:31 pm

When we beat Leeds United in that famous fa cup tie the atmosphere was hostile before the game in the game and after the game we where then criticised for it by everybody under the sun Rio Ferdinand famously said when asked about going to galatasriey I’m not worried I’ve been to Cardiff that’s the level of atmosphere we need back at city but that’s not going to happen with certain people who run our club we where a feared outfit then

Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:39 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Iceblue wrote:

Spot on.

Exactly mate. Those feelings, the Chopra goal, Youngs goal against Leeds, Turners goal against Liverpool, all the trips to Wembley we'll remember forever, but our 2 seasons in the Prem were not very memorable. Except the 2 nil win at Old Trafford after we were already down.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:55 pm

Sven wrote:Mike, I appreciate your OP but after reading it, I'd like to know what's your reasoning behind our classy win at home earlier in the season when we were the better, more committed team on the day and everyone, including some contributors to this thread, were lauding Erol Bulut and his team for finally 'getting' it...? :ayatollah:

I said to my son near the end of that game, "this is a very good performance but this Swansea team is probably the worst we've faced in many years" and lots of people around us agreed. So for me it was their performance more than ours that effected the outcome of that game.

This game was also before Ramsey got injured and his ability and experience was making a difference to our game.

The jacks were hurt that day and they simply wanted it much more than we did on Saturday and have done in most derbies for years.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:01 pm

This post :? .......

We lost the away leg 2-0, we won the home leg 2-0 but somehow we are not up for it.....

The bookies had them AT HOME just over evens we were just under 3/1

FFS get over it, a lot of you are acting like the spoilt brat modern fan you profess to dislike!!!

Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 pm

llan bluebird wrote:This post :? .......

We lost the away leg 2-0, we won the home leg 2-0 but somehow we are not up for it.....

FFS get over it, a lot of you are acting like the spoilt brat modern fan you profess to dislike!!!

You obviously didn’t watch the game if you think our players were “up for it”

Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:56 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:

So explain Octobers home game...Up for it ? or were the "obsessed" not up for it. Or was it a home game with all the emotion and crowd?

Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:24 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:

So explain Octobers home game...Up for it ? or were the "obsessed" not up for it. Or was it a home game with all the emotion and crowd?

It was a pretty tight game until Tanner came on and changed the game. We’ve won two games against them in years so something is obviously not right.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:37 pm

Not taking derbys seriously?
Out of 4 games we won 3.
So why you can call the team and manager out on that one.
But hey-hoo.
I do however think Ralls should have been on unless injured.
And the team started from the off.
Instead of trying to bring on every creative player in the last 20 minutes.
When the momentum was lost and the jacks had already tasted blood.
As for the pictures posted of leaders.
I'd add Kav and Gabbidon to that.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:38 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:

It was a pretty tight game until Tanner came on and changed the game. We’ve won two games against them in years so something is obviously not right.

Our squad was absolute garbage for the last two season, they ended last season 17 points ahead of us, and 8 the season before. Somedays its about quality.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:56 pm

Mike 076
What a great write up , this is exactly how I feel .
The older fans know this club inside out and it’s frustrating that the club isn’t listening to them ,
Obviously until we get new owners this club is gonna stay where it is .
And forever blue , I wish u had the millions to buy them out , the club would be run on 100 percent passion

Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:00 pm

MikeO76 wrote:
Sven wrote:Mike, I appreciate your OP but after reading it, I'd like to know what's your reasoning behind our classy win at home earlier in the season when we were the better, more committed team on the day and everyone, including some contributors to this thread, were lauding Erol Bulut and his team for finally 'getting' it...? :ayatollah:

I said to my son near the end of that game, "this is a very good performance but this Swansea team is probably the worst we've faced in many years" and lots of people around us agreed. So for me it was their performance more than ours that effected the outcome of that game.

This game was also before Ramsey got injured and his ability and experience was making a difference to our game.

The jacks were hurt that day and they simply wanted it much more than we did on Saturday and have done in most derbies for years.

So long as you don't give your/our team any credit whilst pumping the 'Jacks' up, then...! :thumbup: :ayatollah: :roll:

Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:25 pm

We smashed them at home and they smashed us at the Liberty. Fair enough really - forget all the dissecting their fans' reactions, I'm glad we avoided a third double.

Get up, dust off and get at them next season - there are 8 more games to play this year (several of which are against teams immediately around us in the table).

Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:17 am

Sven wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:

So long as you don't give your/our team any credit whilst pumping the 'Jacks' up, then...! :thumbup: :ayatollah: :roll:

You asked for my reasoning, I gave it how I saw it. Why take the p155? :roll:

Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:57 am

MikeO76 wrote:
Sven wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:

You asked for my reasoning, I gave it how I saw it. Why take the p155? :roll:

Sarcasm is the go to I’m afraid.

Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:33 am

Iceblue wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Iceblue wrote:

Spot on.

In with you there. How any city fan can’t care about losing to the jacks is beyond me.

No one has said they don't care?

They've said they would rather win every other game and win a promotion than two games against Swansea and maybe get relegated.