Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Obsessed with JB’s being “Obsessed”

Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:41 pm

Loads of posts on this forum saying Swansea are “obsessed” with us, but reading through them, it seems to me many are obsessed with the jacks being “obsessed” with us.

I’ve been supporting Cardiff since 1976 and yes the wurzels were a bigger derby back then, but not now. This is the south Wales derby, the only “bubble” derby left in the UK and Swansea approach it the right way and it’s about time we woke up and did the same. Seeing the photos of them waiting for us to arrive Saturday looked amazing and I wish we did the same. Many other clubs greet their arch rivals this way to make it as hostile as possible. But not us, we have become soft!

As for Luke Williams singing anti Cardiff songs in a pub, again, that’s what a derby is all about. It shows passion for his club and the fixture. Most Cardiff fans would love to have seen Bulut doing the same after we beat them last September.

It’s also been mentioned on here that this is their “world cup” and it’s “life and death” to them. Ask a Sunderland or Newcastle fan how they feel about the Tyne-Wear derby or a Man Utd or Liverpool fan how they feel about their derby, Rangers or Celtic fans, Spurs or Arsenal fans…..

Regards the “swim away”, I agree, most of them don’t know what happened but they don’t care, it’s a way to take the p155 out of us and we’d do the same if it was the other way around. Again, there are many on here that seem obsessed about them doing it and they probably love that. Just laugh it off and don’t make a fuss about it.

I’m devastated we lost and I’m already dreading next seasons derbies because the club, manager, players and most fans don’t treat the fixture like the jacks do.

It’s time many admitted to themselves that they are jealous that our club doesn’t treat this fixture like the jacks or nothing will change on and off the pitch.

Queue the verbal abuse........

Re: Obsessed with JB’s being “Obsessed”

Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:04 pm

Can’t agree more with you mate. Until we stop our arrogance towards this fixture we will continue to lose more often than not.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:09 pm

MikeO76 wrote:Loads of posts on this forum saying Swansea are “obsessed” with us, but reading through them, it seems to me many are obsessed with the jacks being “obsessed” with us.

I’ve been supporting Cardiff since 1976 and yes the wurzels were a bigger derby back then, but not now. This is the south Wales derby, the only “bubble” derby left in the UK and Swansea approach it the right way and it’s about time we woke up and did the same. Seeing the photos of them waiting for us to arrive Saturday looked amazing and I wish we did the same. Many other clubs greet their arch rivals this way to make it as hostile as possible. But not us, we have become soft!

As for Luke Williams singing anti Cardiff songs in a pub, again, that’s what a derby is all about. It shows passion for his club and the fixture. Most Cardiff fans would love to have seen Bulut doing the same after we beat them last September.

It’s also been mentioned on here that this is their “world cup” and it’s “life and death” to them. Ask a Sunderland or Newcastle fan how they feel about the Tyne-Wear derby or a Man Utd or Liverpool fan how they feel about their derby, Rangers or Celtic fans, Spurs or Arsenal fans…..

Regards the “swim away”, I agree, most of them don’t know what happened but they don’t care, it’s a way to take the p155 out of us and we’d do the same if it was the other way around. Again, there are many on here that seem obsessed about them doing it and they probably love that. Just laugh it off and don’t make a fuss about it.

I’m devastated we lost and I’m already dreading next seasons derbies because the club, manager, players and most fans don’t treat the fixture like the jacks do.

It’s time many admitted to themselves that they are jealous that our club doesn’t treat this fixture like the jacks or nothing will change on and off the pitch.

I hate the vermin and I agree with you. Time to start preparing for next year and give as good as we got. I like Grange End Star's 'Running the Watford Gap' t shirts as a start but I'm sure some of our creatives could come up with a good idea. 'Always your capital' comes to mind. As for a welcoming party surely that's not too difficult. Cmon, start planning now for the cnuts. Also the club should refuse to play to Sky's demands. Normal KO time or evening only.
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:19 pm

Something needs to be done because the owners, manager and squad are not getting it.

So this should come from the fans as a key concern and now we have a platform to do that with the Fan Advisory Board (FAB) where it should be addressed as a boardroom issue and a key concern of the fans.

We need to start taking this seriously and I think the FAB need to drive this at the top table, as that's what it's there to do.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:56 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Something needs to be done because the owners, manager and squad are not getting it.

So this should come from the fans as a key concern and now we have a platform to do that with the Fan Advisory Board (FAB) where it should be addressed as a boardroom issue and a key concern of the fans.

We need to start taking this seriously and I think the FAB need to drive this at the top table, as that's what it's there to do.

A good idea. I've just email the FAB on ccfcfab@gmail.com

The more that email them the more they will take notice and hopefully do something.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:17 pm

Who cares what they do.They are 7points below us so they haven't got much to shout about.The only way to stop all their crowing is to front up on the pitch.Unfortunately we've to many weak minded players who are beaten before the game kicks off.It happened straight from the kick off saturday.they had 6 corners in the first 10 minutes ffs.!!

Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:26 pm

MikeO76 wrote:Loads of posts on this forum saying Swansea are “obsessed” with us, but reading through them, it seems to me many are obsessed with the jacks being “obsessed” with us.

I don't agree with their players and managers doing the swim away, 100's of men chasing a couple of kids into the sea is very good and funny, they like to celebrate it and all go to the game in fancy dress in armbands and rubber rings?

It doesn't bother me in the slightest, as we know the truth, but how can one fan go to court and face bans and jail for making a plane gesture, yet a whole club models their culture around a hooligan fairy story?

Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:51 pm

Bluebina wrote:

I don't agree with their players and managers doing the swim away, 100's of men chasing a couple of kids into the sea is very good and funny, they like to celebrate it and all go to the game in fancy dress in armbands and rubber rings?

It doesn't bother me in the slightest, as we know the truth, but how can one fan go to court and face bans and jail for making a plane gesture, yet a whole club models their culture around a hooligan fairy story?

I don't like the fact they have the swim away over us but I don't let it bother me.

However you can't compare a group of kids running into the sea from a gang of adult hooligans to the tragic death of two men in a horror plane crash.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:58 pm

Excellent post by the OP Mike,

It’s True Our club from Top to Bottom do not care about the local derbies like us fans.

The truth is they have NO idea about what it means to fans and nor do our players.

You heard all the bullshit that our club would be closer with all the fans, how many times do you hear that bullshit.
It’s actually got further apart.

So yes I am jealous of how close they are with their club and players, years ago we were like them.

Our players don’t really know we exist.

The Jack players mix and mingle with their players.

You get spokespersons on behalf of Dalman and Co putting out every word they want us to hear and usually crap and spin.

All these groups are controlled totally by the Regime.

The player of the Year is NO longer a real fans / players night, it’s a yuppie night in suits and very costly.

If the club does not get closer with our fans and our players we will only get worse and YES I have to admit it hurts to see how close Swansea players / club are with their fans.

They have heart in their club from the bottom and I have read and listened how they for weeks remind their players about the derby match.

Until a few seasons ago I had never missed a derby game with the Jacks since the 70’s but I am so glad I have not rushed back as as much it’s started to become gutting and misery time after time.

Yes we are the biggest club , but they have what we don’t heart and closeness with their players year after year and their players really perform for them beyond compared to us.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:09 pm

Swansea players were frothing at the mouth from the first wistle. Pumping the crowd up. Our lot didn't give us anything. Just came and sat back. Piss poor tactics. We've got NO leaders who'll roll their sleeves up and get stuck in. Apart from Rallsy, who sat on the bench .

Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:11 pm

I'll probably get shot down for this, but is it not the case that we want it more?

It means more to us??? Yes, the capital, yes a larger city, but the game is what matters most. Ask any signing what they get told first... beat Cardiff. That's why Duff was hounded out.

They live for weeks before thinking about beating us within their club, within ours it’s dead.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:20 pm

I genuinely get more pleasure from beating the jacks than I did from promotion.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:22 pm

Agree fully with Annis and the OP here.

They show their passion and wear their shirt with pride. Can't say that for our players

Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:27 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:Agree fully with Annis and the OP here.

They show their passion and wear their shirt with pride. Can't say that for our players

Matt,

You are so right they really do wear their shirt with pride as it’s breaded in to them from day one about us.
They care and want it so bad with in their club.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:27 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:I genuinely get more pleasure from beating the jacks than I did from promotion.

Spot on.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:29 pm

Great post mate. You put it better than I tried to. The arrogance of trying to pretend we don’t care.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:33 pm

MikeO76 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

I don't like the fact they have the swim away over us but I don't let it bother me.

However you can't compare a group of kids running into the sea from a gang of adult hooligans to the tragic death of two men in a horror plane crash.

Well obviously the Sala incident was much worse, but a whole crowd being allowed to try and wind up the opposition fans can't be right, and with football eventually, you get escalation, it started Saturday, and replies to Swansea will get worse, but that's what always happens if things aren't nipped in the bud.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Excellent post by the OP Mike,

It’s True Our club from Top to Bottom do not care about the local derbies like us fans.

The truth is they have NO idea about what it means to fans and nor do our players.

You heard all the bullshit that our club would be closer with all the fans, how many times do you hear that bullshit.

So yes I am jealous of how close they are with their club and players, years ago we were like them.

You get spokespersons on behalf of Dalman and Co putting out every word they want us to hear and usually crap and spin.

The player of the Year is NO longer a real fans / players night, it’s a yuppie night in suits and very costly.

If the club does not get closer with our fans and our players we will only get worse and YES I have to admit it hurts to see how close Swansea players / club are with their fans.

They have heart in their club from the bottom and I have read and listened how they for weeks remind their players about the derby match.

Until a few seasons ago I had never missed a derby game with the Jacks since the 70’s but I am so glad I have not rushed back as as much it’s started to become gutting and misery time after time.

Yes we are the biggest club , but they have what we don’t heart and closeness with their players year after year and their players really perform for them beyond compared to us.

I fully understand and agree with you, but is this not then the case that we stop blaming the club, and I agree it's mainly down to them, but take this on ourselves as fans to make sure the players know what this fixture means, make it hostile for their fans and team on arrival at the ground and in the stadium. Start the hype weeks if not months in advance of the game home and away.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:36 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:I genuinely get more pleasure from beating the jacks than I did from promotion.

Me too mate. It means everything.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:37 pm

Iceblue wrote:

Spot on.

Ridiculous, it's one game, and promotion is built in a whole season.

Yes I want to beat them but would take the promotion and lose ten nil twice every time, it means we've had a top season and finished in the top two or won the playoffs, but lost a couple of games to some low-life lower league scruffs.

We've got other rivals they've only got us to look up to and pray then can beat us, don't drop to their level.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:47 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Iceblue wrote:

Spot on.

Yes I want to beat them but would take the promotion and lose ten nil twice every time, it means we've had a top season and finished in the top two or won the playoffs, but lost a couple of games to some low-life lower league scruffs.

We've got other rivals they've only got us to look up to and pray then can beat us, don't drop to their level.

I don't know you mate but your comments come across as arrogant, which is my main point. This is the south Wales derby and if our fans don't take it seriously, how can we expect the club, manager and players to take it seriously and put the effort in that it needs? If not we may as well forfeit the games beforehand.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:47 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Iceblue wrote:

Spot on.

10-0...twice...right, is there a doctor in the house.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:51 pm

MikeO76 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Iceblue wrote:

Spot on.

I don't know you mate but your comments come across as arrogant, which is my main point. This is the south Wales derby and if our fans don't take it seriously, how can we expect the club, manager and players to take it seriously and put the effort in that it needs? If not we may as well forfeit the games beforehand.

You've got the wrong end of the stick, I want to see us batter them next season and fight like mad for every minute, but more important than promotion?

No way, I like to see my team win as many games over a season, not just two because Swansea fans and teams are idiots?

Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Swansea players were frothing at the mouth from the first wistle. Pumping the crowd up. Our lot didn't give us anything. Just came and sat back. Piss poor tactics. We've got NO leaders who'll roll their sleeves up and get stuck in. Apart from Rallsy, who sat on the bench .

The question needs to be asked of why Ralls was on the bench and didn't even come on. This is his game, as you say, someone who'll roll his sleeves up and get stuck in.

The jack players and manager must have been chuffed when they saw the team sheet, probably pumped them up even more.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:55 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Iceblue wrote:

Spot on.

10-0...twice...right, is there a doctor in the house.

Yes maybe not ten nill, but you get the point!

Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:55 pm

MikeO76 wrote:

I fully understand and agree with you, but is this not then the case that we stop blaming the club, and I agree it's mainly down to them, but take this on ourselves as fans to make sure the players know what this fixture means, make it hostile for their fans and team on arrival at the ground and in the stadium. Start the hype weeks if not months in advance of the game home and away.

I do blame the ones running our club from Dalman, Choo, Nash etc etc

Because the first season we got promoted to the Premiership we changed badly from with in.
They made all the players feel like pre-Madonna’s and started to make it harder and harder for the fans to get close to our players and that has continued.

Their players really do mix with their fans.

As I said the player of the year do which I have over the years been to about 30 times, i plus many of the ordinary fans are no longer made to feel like it’s a fans players do, it’s a posh night and very expensive, done deliberately.

The car park where the players go through was all set up during Premier League days and our fans are kept well at a distance to home and away players.

About 8 years ago two City players said to me our club makes away teams so welcome that it goes against us on the pitch.

The root lies with the distance the club has put between us and the fans.

We should be outside fir Derby games etc when the teams arrive.

But our Supporters groups are controlled totally by the Hierarchy nowadays and do not represent the fans.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:56 pm

MikeO76 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Swansea players were frothing at the mouth from the first wistle. Pumping the crowd up. Our lot didn't give us anything. Just came and sat back. Piss poor tactics. We've got NO leaders who'll roll their sleeves up and get stuck in. Apart from Rallsy, who sat on the bench .

The question needs to be asked of why Ralls was on the bench and didn't even come on. This is his game, as you say, someone who'll roll his sleeves up and get stuck in.

The jack players and manager must have been chuffed when they saw the team sheet, probably pumped them up even more.

Exactly he was missed for football and even more so for setting the tone on the pitch, and bringing on Ramsey was pointless he's going to take weeks just to get up to normal speed never mind a SW derby.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:58 pm

MikeO76 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Iceblue wrote:

Spot on.

Should we take one game more seriously than another? Afterall every game is only worth 3 points! It's very disingenuous to say manager does not take any competitive game seriously? Same with fans .... judging by your remarks to his comments you are in camp of rather beat swans than get promotion... :roll:

Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:00 pm

We also don’t have leaders or Real passionate players like:

Phil Dwyers / Jason Perry / Andy Legg etc etc

These type of players drill it in to the new arrivals
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:

I do blame the ones running our club from Dalman, Choo, Nash etc etc

Because the first season we got promoted to the Premiership we changed badly from with in.
They made all the players feel like pre-Madonna’s and started to make it harder and harder for the fans to get close to our players and that has continued.

Their players really do mix with their fans.

As I said the player of the year do which I have over the years been to about 30 times, i plus many of the ordinary fans are no longer made to feel like it’s a fans players do, it’s a posh night and very expensive, done deliberately.

The car park where the players go through was all set up during Premier League days and our fans are kept well at a distance to home and away players.

About 8 years ago two City players said to me our club makes away teams so welcome that it goes against us on the pitch.

The root lies with the distance the club has put between us and the fans.

We should be outside fir Derby games etc when the teams arrive.

But our Supporters groups are controlled totally by the Hierarchy nowadays and do not represent the fans.

That's true Annis, the distance between Owners and the Board, Managers and players is growing they are not doing nearly enough and that was pathetic on Saturday, Swansea are a rubbish team and beat us on effort not ability or tactics.

Agree on making away fans and teams way too comfortable, they used to hate going to Ninian Park, ut most teams love coming here.