Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Infamous Quotes

Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:00 pm

Here's one from this board from just last week

Sven wrote:I don't think we will be left wanting on effort for this or any other game under Erol Bulut...

You can never predict a 'derby' but through unavoidable links, I know some 'Jacks' and they are very nervous to say the least...! :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Woops ;) :bluescarf:

Re: Infamous Quotes

Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:03 pm

Wiggy wrote:Here's one from this board from just last week

Sven wrote:I don't think we will be left wanting on effort for this or any other game under Erol Bulut...

You can never predict a 'derby' but through unavoidable links, I know some 'Jacks' and they are very nervous to say the least...! :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Woops ;)

Maybe a time for reflection?

:bluescarf:

Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:05 pm

Yes sadly it went the same way as the many before our home win. Disappointing to see.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:12 am

I wish I would have gone with my feeling as I thought we would bottle it. I would have had an avalanche of post saying "here he goes again being negative" and "go and support the Jack". I would be having a field day today, damn and it would have made me feel better.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:46 am

I know your post is tongue in cheek and hindsight is a wonderful thing, but what Sven said is precisely how the majority felt last week.

The jacks were not looking forward to it at all. Lost at Bristol and calling for the managers head and we had a performance of the season with Ipswich. It's remarkable how we regressed so much in only a week, especially as it was a derby and as many of us thought that finally, we would treat it that way and be gagging for it.

I was convinced we were going to finally go into this game and batter them from the off. We all knew what we had to do to win this one. Swansea did and they won. But yet again, we failed to do so, despite all of us thinking that we would finally get a reaction for this particular fixture.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:09 am

It was a shock as to how much they were up for it, and by contrast how much we were not up for a fight.

That was the same team that beat Ipswich, I hope Bulut gives them a right kicking this morning, they deserve it they let us down!

Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:06 pm

As many have said now and in the past. What else do they have for them to be "up for"? It's be all and end all & their cup final.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 pm

Nice one...! :thumbup:

At least I got behind my team and didn't knee-jerk react at the loss...

It hasn't gone unnoticed that you are suddenly prolific in your negativity...! ;)

Here's a beaut that sums you uo; and there are more... :roll: :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:43 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:

I know your post is tongue in cheek and hindsight is a wonderful thing, but what Sven said is precisely how the majority felt last week.

The jacks were not looking forward to it at all. Lost at Bristol and calling for the managers head and we had a performance of the season with Ipswich. It's remarkable how we regressed so much in only a week, especially as it was a derby and as many of us thought that finally, we would treat it that way and be gagging for it.

I was convinced we were going to finally go into this game and batter them from the off. We all knew what we had to do to win this one. Swansea did and they won. But yet again, we failed to do so, despite all of us thinking that we would finally get a reaction for this particular fixture.

Mate, Wiggy is just another in the long line of posters who want nothing 'good' for our club; tongue-in-cheek or not, it sums him up as a bit sad to go to such lengths... :cry:

Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:58 pm

Sven,

I posted maybe two weeks ago that we didn't really have anyone creative enough at City so of course our strikers would find it difficult to get chances to score.

An hour later he had posted on a group on FB something along the lines of "I read this elsewhere that we have no one of any creativity bla bla, is this for real?!?!?!"

I found that a bit of a "You either agree with my opinion or you are completely wrong" type of move.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:58 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:Sven,

I posted maybe two weeks ago that we didn't really have anyone creative enough at City so of course our strikers would find it difficult to get chances to score.

An hour later he had posted on a group on FB something along the lines of "I read this elsewhere that we have no one of any creativity bla bla, is this for real?!?!?!"

I found that a bit of a "You either agree with my opinion or you are completely wrong" type of move.

You did and it's certainly a strange one. He has a familiar tone to his posting; but others will leap to his defence if I offer too much of an opinion...

Having a backhanded 'pop' at me is usually an indicator that our paths have crossed before...

Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:37 pm

Sven wrote:

You did and it's certainly a strange one. He has a familiar tone to his posting; but others will leap to his defence if I offer too much of an opinion...

Having a backhanded 'pop' at me is usually an indicator that our paths have crossed before...

Take it on the chin pal, you can't have all winners! Made me chuckle anyway.

Wiggy :bluescarf:

Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:55 pm

Sven wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:

Mate, Wiggy is just another in the long line of posters who want nothing 'good' for our club; tongue-in-cheek or not, it sums him up as a bit sad to go to such lengths... :cry:

Yeah, he comes across like that and also one of those types that are so thick, they don't know their thick. I've read his other posts and everything is a negative and he also tries to make out he knows something about the game, nonsense everytime. Apparently a DJ too if it's the same guy on the City FB groups, makes me laugh when he signs his posts "Wiggy", like anyone gives a shit about the clown.

Not a great look having a pop at someone either and trying to look clever. But again, too thick to know their thick.

Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:21 pm

Wiggy wrote:
Sven wrote:

Take it on the chin pal, you can't have all winners! Made me chuckle anyway.

Wiggy :bluescarf:

Pump up the volume, Alan Partridge...! ;)

That made me larff, too...! :lol: :lol:

Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:23 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
Sven wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:

Yeah, he comes across like that and also one of those types that are so thick, they don't know their thick. I've read his other posts and everything is a negative and he also tries to make out he knows something about the game, nonsense everytime. Apparently a DJ too if it's the same guy on the City FB groups, makes me laugh when he signs his posts "Wiggy", like anyone gives a shit about the clown.

Not a great look having a pop at someone either and trying to look clever. But again, too thick to know their thick.

The only certainties in life; the dead don't know they're dead; and the stoopid don't know they're stoopid...! ;)

Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:50 pm

Sven wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
Sven wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:

The only certainties in life; the dead don't know they're dead; and the stoopid don't know they're stoopid...! ;)

:lol: It might be worth setting up an alternative forum where the dunces can chat amongst themselves and leave the adults in peace. In fact, I'd pay a subscription to read it as it would be comedy gold.
:laughing6: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:58 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
Sven wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
Sven wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:

:lol: It might be worth setting up an alternative forum where the dunces can chat amongst themselves and leave the adults in peace. In fact, I'd pay a subscription to read it as it would be comedy gold.
:laughing6: :ayatollah:

D-I-S-C-O! D-I-S-C-O! ;) :lol: