Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I have to agree with Swansea Manager:

Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:36 am

I have to agree with Luke Williams , Bulut should if been honest and admitted we were totally outplayed and no passion etc from Cardiff instead Bulut blamed the Ref.
He was honest saying players were hiding etc so drop them.

Luke Williams:

"We won in a really positive way," a triumphant Wiliams said afterwards. "It's not like coming down to a decision or something like this. I think we won thoroughly. I can't argue with the way we went about it today.”

"I think the combination of intensity and aggression combined with calmness and clarity is something we're all striving for. I think we've seen one or the other in recent performances. Or we've seen periods where we've done both well. Today felt like the most complete performance so far.“

"We seemed to dominate for an hour. It's unrealistic for us to expect not to have any pressure but I think we were very dominant for the majority of the game, and the really big chances in the game we created all of them."

The result means Cullen's second-half penalty miss will likely now be forgotten, with Williams left delighted by the striker's overall performance, which was punctuated by a superb finish for Swansea's opening goal.

"He ran relentlessly and contested every ball," Williams added when quizzed on Cullen's showing. "The fact he guides the ball and makes it look comfortable [for his goal], that's not easy to do, there's a lot to do.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: I have to agree with Swansea Manager:

Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:46 am

I would send some of ours back to their parent clubs.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:16 am

Forever Blue wrote:I have to agree with Luke Williams , Bulut should if been honest and admitted we were totally outplayed and no passion etc from Cardiff instead Bulut blamed the Ref.

Luke Williams:

"We won in a really positive way," a triumphant Wiliams said afterwards. "It's not like coming down to a decision or something like this. I think we won thoroughly. I can't argue with the way we went about it today.”

"I think the combination of intensity and aggression combined with calmness and clarity is something we're all striving for. I think we've seen one or the other in recent performances. Or we've seen periods where we've done both well. Today felt like the most complete performance so far.“

"We seemed to dominate for an hour. It's unrealistic for us to expect not to have any pressure but I think we were very dominant for the majority of the game, and the really big chances in the game we created all of them."

The result means Cullen's second-half penalty miss will likely now be forgotten, with Williams left delighted by the striker's overall performance, which was punctuated by a superb finish for Swansea's opening goal.

"He ran relentlessly and contested every ball," Williams added when quizzed on Cullen's showing. "The fact he guides the ball and makes it look comfortable [for his goal], that's not easy to do, there's a lot to do.

Totally agree with FB.
It’s embarrassing when some on here think the ref cost us the game and Swansea so called cheating. Just except it was men v boys on this particular day.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:17 am

Wouldn't want our team to dive and cheat the way he ordered them to do just to win a game football.... coincidentally he was in dug out when Robinson was sent off obviously learned something...
Yes better team overall but !!

Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:23 am

The only player that was underhanded in that game was Darling. He was embarrassing to watch with his acting and the type of player I would hate even if he played for us. The 10 other Swansea players however, out fought and outclassed us throughout. A few fouls here and there but that's to be expected in a derby game.

Ronald had a spark we haven't had in years, there fall backs were solid and consistent, there midfield was dominant in midfield.

Cowill was the only positive for us. 8 games to go. Now nothing to play for. We should be experiment and see how to build a team around him.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:24 am

pembroke allan wrote:Wouldn't want our team to dive and cheat the way he ordered them to do just to win a game football.... coincidentally he was in dug out when Robinson was sent off obviously learned something...

Except we were. NG in particular. Meitie got away with one as well we no angels.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:29 am

Iceblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Wouldn't want our team to dive and cheat the way he ordered them to do just to win a game football.... coincidentally he was in dug out when Robinson was sent off obviously learned something...

Except we were. NG in particular. Meitie got away with one as well we no angels.

Miete should been sent of but targeting him and NG was the plan and it worked for goal but fortunately not for darlings acting that was more appropriate for swan Lake "excuse pun"

Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:35 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Iceblue wrote:

Miete should been sent of but targeting him and NG was the plan and it worked for goal but fortunately not for darlings acting that was more appropriate for swan Lake "excuse pun"

It’s professional sport and you should be willing to win at any cost, they had better professionals than us.
I don’t think NG trying to get a free kick for their goal is him being targeted. It was out and out cheating. But I’m ok with that he wanted to win.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:14 pm

Iceblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Iceblue wrote:

It’s professional sport and you should be willing to win at any cost, they had better professionals than us.
I don’t think NG trying to get a free kick for their goal is him being targeted. It was out and out cheating. But I’m ok with that he wanted to win.

So precessional sport means you can cheat to win? What a load of nonsense.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:38 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
Iceblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Iceblue wrote:

So precessional sport means you can cheat to win? What a load of nonsense.

It is what it is unfortunately. It happens in all sports nice guys always come last. Happens all the time in all walks of life.
Which is why I’m such a failure, but I am nice guy.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:17 pm

Iceblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I have to agree with Luke Williams , Bulut should if been honest and admitted we were totally outplayed and no passion etc from Cardiff instead Bulut blamed the Ref.

Luke Williams:

Totally agree with FB.
It’s embarrassing when some on here think the ref cost us the game and Swansea so called cheating. Just except it was men v boys on this particular day.

I hate excuses and we were well beaten , but not by a Ref, but by own abilities and not being up for the game and sitting back

Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:25 pm

This will go on until we the fans make it clear to yhe players and club that we want the same reaction and passion from the players and playing staff that the guppos have

Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:26 pm

Sorry meant gyppos

Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:41 pm

Iceblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Iceblue wrote:

How do you know he wasn't pulled hard enough to knock off balance? He was clearly held but to suggest he fell to get free kick is being disingenuous to him... what a load bollocks saying you should be prepared as a manager to facilitate cheating to win game it may happen on individual basis but this was cheating tactics nothing less...or you saying darling took it upon himself to continuously die every opportunity he had ? We deserved to lose no question

Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:47 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Iceblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Iceblue wrote:

How do you know he wasn't pulled hard enough to knock off balance? He was clearly held but to suggest he fell to get free kick is being disingenuous to him... what a load bollocks saying you should be prepared as a manager to facilitate cheating to win game it may happen on individual basis but this was cheating tactics nothing less...or you saying darling took it upon himself to continuously die every opportunity he had ? We deserved to lose no question

Allen they were better than us surely you not doubting that? Frustrating I know but you have to accept us they wiped the floor with us and that’s our fault.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:38 pm

Iceblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Iceblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Iceblue wrote:

Allen they were better than us surely you not doubting that? Frustrating I know but you have to accept us they wiped the floor with us and that’s our fault.

All my posts make it clear they were better side ... point is there's bullying as in harassing opposition and there's cheating ? You cannot tell me darling and Co were not cheating with some of their pheatricals! I just have a thing about the cheats in football getting a pen or goal is one thing trying get opponent sent off is something else which is what Thomas sent his team out to do ... as I've said previously it's only a game its only 3points we are above them and won 3 derby's not a bad haul. Better than normal

Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:07 pm

We have a lot of new players, we were not prepared for battle at all, they've been preparing for battle all week, and they were cheating and crowding the ref from the first kick of the ball.

They were 100% up for a battle,we were shocked and about 20% up for a fight, that's the sad fact, we are a far better side than them normally, and I bet they lose the next game again, they raised it for Cardiff, but are a poor team.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:09 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Iceblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Iceblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Iceblue wrote:

All my posts make it clear they were better side ... point is there's bullying as in harassing opposition and there's cheating ? You cannot tell me darling and Co were not cheating with some of their pheatricals! I just have a thing about the cheats in football getting a pen or goal is one thing trying get opponent sent off is something else which is what Thomas sent his team out to do ... as I've said previously it's only a game its only 3points we are above them and won 3 derby's not a bad haul. Better than normal

100% they were cheating from the start and winding the fans up to do their part as well, when you play them you have to play the whole stadium and all officials, they crowd the ref and get in the face and use every diving, protending to be headbutted, pretending to be hit hard in the face by a football trick in the book.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:59 pm

We lost because they did what we should have done. We know what it takes to win this and I honestly thought we'd be up for it. But yet again we didn't. And I include getting the crowd fired up and shitehousery, whatever it takes. Can't disagree with anything the jerks manager has said, they did what we should have done and what I was expecting us to do.

If someone like Sam H was in charge, we would have been on a war footing, win at any cost. We would have been chomping at the bit just to get at them.

And how we can go from the best performance of the season to the polar opposite in seven days is remarkable. If we would have played like we did last week from the off, we would have won, or at least got something out of it. They did, we didn't, they won.