Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ After Today ‘. I can’t believe anyone was actually believi

Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:01 pm

Card would make the post-offs this season.

I did keep saying we would need a Miracle.

We are NO where near that level.

League Tables Do not lie.

Results / Table:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ After Today ‘. I can’t believe anyone was actually bel

Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:22 pm

As soon as the play offs are out of reach the better.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:39 pm

The play offs were never the pre-season aim were they? We over achieved at the start of the season thats all. A top 10 finish is well within our grasp though and that would be excellent progress compared to the last couple of years.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:43 pm

Never ever come to my mind or even spoke of it myself. Staying up and bettering last seasons near relegation ( if it was not for reading ) we would be down there now in div 1. Thank god we are not.

The playoffs may have been reachable should the manager got his backing during the window but he wasn't backed to what he was expecting and wanting so had to go to the c list which he's stated more or less the same thing in different wording due to a lower budget given than what he was told he was having. But I guessed he knew something was up when he got them in at the end of the window rather than when he said many times he wanted them at the start of the window ( more games lost in January then)

Mid table is more than I was expecting in truth although today vs the scum I'm still baffled how we can just allow them to pass it about with zero pressure zero closing down or anything 1st half. Something they did every time we had the ball so we just hoofed it then.

Does the manager tell them this during instructions for the game? If so I'd be amazed ( go out sit off let them hound the ball when we got it) talk.

Just can not grasp why we always change stuff when we go a goal behind then look better than the acutal starting team ( 2nd half ) and set-up.

It took me 6 minutes to see what was wrong in every way and what needed changing with instructions yet all ive done is some championship manager on the pc back in 98/99 season for f**k sake. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's as if the dugout are blind more or less with this whole we must start defending every game then try have a go half-way through the 2nd half when we are already losing.

It hurts me more today than any other game obviously. :bluescarf:

Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:35 pm

We have done better than some would have said why we would be at this moment of time - before a ball was kicked .

We have been in the Top 6 this season already - The Home lost to Birmingham was the turning point to Top 6 ;)