Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

EROL BULUT: “CARDIFF PLAYERS WERE HIDING V SWANSEA”

Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:44 pm

Manager Erol Bulut has accused some Cardiff City players of "hiding" during their derby defeat at Swansea City.

The Bluebirds lost 2-0 on Saturday, having been thoroughly outplayed during the first half.

Bulut made a raft of changes during and after the break, with midfielders David Turnbull and Manolis Siopis among those making way.

Erol Bulut:

"If you are hiding then you can't get out from the pressing. You have to ask for the ball," said Bulut.

"This was not there in the first half. That's why I made changes in the second half, bringing two players on and we managed it a little bit better.”

“My players went in to hiding and you don’t do that if you want to win a match.”

"Today, with this pressing Swansea did against us, we wanted to keep the ball in midfield, but we didn't ask for the ball in midfield. We were hiding too much in the midfield."

Saturday's defeat was Cardiff's fifth from six south Wales derbies.

The Bluebirds had been aiming to earn their first derby league double having beaten Swansea 2-0 last September.

Cardiff were soundly beaten by their arch rivals.

"As a manager you always ask for the best from the players, but you cannot have every game the same," said Bulut.

"Sometimes it happens like this. It's disappointing we couldn't do the double. This would have been great for the team and the club, but you cannot get everything."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: EROL BULUT: “CARDIFF PLAYERS WERE HIDING V SWANSEA”

Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:55 pm

Reply:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:11 pm

The more I read this the more I feel Bulut will not be with us next season.

Most of these players were his and they should be wanting to play for him. If he can't get them up for such a game then what chance do we have. It does not bode well does it?

Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:26 pm

More importantly- Bulut went missing .
He humiliated us today - simple as that !

Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:24 pm

Bulut out, simply not good enough.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:56 pm

Who was hiding Erol?

You could tell Wilson Esbrand had never played in a game of that much intensity, he was so far behind play my firestick was almost in real-time.

Turnbull? Well his period of time with us shows a decent footballer of limited physical attributes

Bowler, is there to show the lion in the wizard of Oz that you can make it as a championship footballer without a heart or desire.

Sio can't pass forward, Wintle gets so frustrated with the lack of a press he has to leave to 6 position to show the rest what to do

Who selected the first half team?

Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:54 pm

They don’t give a shit about how we feel it’s us who get it rubbed in our faces, if we tried it won’t be so bad instead of just rolling over like cowards it’s as if our players have legs made of lead we so f*cking slow no pace in the team what so ever buckling under pressure first ten minutes of a derby match it’s embarrassing to be part of it kicking it anywhere all looking at one and other for inspiration stop they wages they want to see how they feel

Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:11 pm

Team selection way to negative, players attitude thought they were playing Man City. Bulut you were crap at preparation. Pick an attacking team, keep telling the players we are above the jacks and go from the first whistle.