Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Individual performances out of 10

Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:33 pm

Bulut: 2/10
Wrong team selection. Should have selected more forward thinking players from the start. O'Dowda, Colwill and Ramsay should have all started. Second half subs improved us too little too late. Not sure if this guy is for us next season. I don't want to watch slow, sideways and backwards football. I hate to say it but JBs outplayed us today and that's mostly down to Bulut's lack of tactical nous.

Horvath: 7/10
Couldn't do too much about the goals. Commanded his box pretty well and communicated with his defence. Made some solid saves but kicked away too much in the first half with the ball coming straight back (Balut's orders?)

Ng: 4/10
Got done by the Portuguese fella (too good for us today). Usually decent but not at his best today.

Phillips: 6/10
Solid enough but nothing in midfield to pass to for most of the match.

Goutas: 7/10
Never gave up and my man of the match for Cardiff. Made some great tackles and saved us from further embarrasment.

Wilson-Esbrand: 2/10
Anonymous and clearly doesn't have the cojones for a full blooded derby. Sat off players, was afraid to make tackles and an annoying proponent of sideways and backwards football. I know he's been a step up from Collins recently but today he was his doppelganger.

Wintle: 4/10
Tried hard but was overrun in Bulut's sideways and backwards midfield

Siopis: SEE WINTLE

Bowler: 3/10
Words fail me. Confidence is shot and should never be on the right hand side. Give him a chance on the left hand side. But needs to learn to get stuck in and build his upper body strength. Prob get rid in the summer.

Turnbull: 5/10 I thought he looked our most intelligent player in the first half. Tried to be composed in a midfield of mediocrity and was surprised that Erol took him off (but not THAT surprised as Bulut's substitutions this season have been more than a little surprising at times). I would have taken either Siopis or Wintle, especially as Turnbull has a decent set piece.

Grant: 6/10
Tried to be direct but had very little support. Felt a bit sorry for him. Looked more dangerous when Colwill and Rambo were on but by then we were too ragged and hurried.

Meite 5/10
SEE Grant. 9except for Colwill & Rambo comment!) Showed passion and on reflection should have chinned the cheating Jack B@stard, Darling.

Subs:
O'Dowda: 5/10 Brought a bit more control into our game but really the first half showing put the JBs and their 6 fingered supporters on the front foot. (As you can tell, I blame Bulut)
Colwill: 6/10 Looked comfortable on the ball while all around him were mostly shrinking violets
Tanner: 4/10 Tried to go forward, struck up a little partnership with Colwill but lots of poor decision making too.
Rambo: 4/10 Should have come on at half time. Not enough time to really influence the game.

Re: Individual performances out of 10

Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:39 pm

Can’t argue with much of that. Poor individual performances and a poor team performance. At least Meite showed a bit of fight (too much I will add)

Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:44 pm

I'd have to give Philips an 8, lots of blocks in first half styuck his body on the line, tried calm passes and won headers

Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:10 pm

Can't argue with that.

The way we fall into their traps time and time again is infuriating. Ralls, Robbo and today Miete and NG were immobilised by their antics. Need to f*cking grow up in this fixture. Absolutely pathetic.

Wintle is the one who could have, and should have bollocked some of them out there!!!! He's so soft himself! Rip the armband off him!!!

Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:15 pm

A lot of people stating wrong team selection but I thought it was right.Agree they didn’t play well.What was your starting team.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:47 pm

Ralls for Wintle
O'Dowda for Bowler
Grant central (no Meite)
Colwill on the right

The rest would be the same as today's starters

Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:41 pm

stentona wrote:Bulut: 2/10
Wrong team selection. Should have selected more forward thinking players from the start. O'Dowda, Colwill and Ramsay should have all started. Second half subs improved us too little too late. Not sure if this guy is for us next season. I don't want to watch slow, sideways and backwards football. I hate to say it but JBs outplayed us today and that's mostly down to Bulut's lack of tactical nous.

Horvath: 7/10
Couldn't do too much about the goals. Commanded his box pretty well and communicated with his defence. Made some solid saves but kicked away too much in the first half with the ball coming straight back (Balut's orders?)

Ng: 4/10
Got done by the Portuguese fella (too good for us today). Usually decent but not at his best today.

Phillips: 6/10
Solid enough but nothing in midfield to pass to for most of the match.

Goutas: 7/10
Never gave up and my man of the match for Cardiff. Made some great tackles and saved us from further embarrasment.

Wilson-Esbrand: 2/10
Anonymous and clearly doesn't have the cojones for a full blooded derby. Sat off players, was afraid to make tackles and an annoying proponent of sideways and backwards football. I know he's been a step up from Collins recently but today he was his doppelganger.

Wintle: 4/10
Tried hard but was overrun in Bulut's sideways and backwards midfield

Siopis: SEE WINTLE

Bowler: 3/10
Words fail me. Confidence is shot and should never be on the right hand side. Give him a chance on the left hand side. But needs to learn to get stuck in and build his upper body strength. Prob get rid in the summer.

Turnbull: 5/10 I thought he looked our most intelligent player in the first half. Tried to be composed in a midfield of mediocrity and was surprised that Erol took him off (but not THAT surprised as Bulut's substitutions this season have been more than a little surprising at times). I would have taken either Siopis or Wintle, especially as Turnbull has a decent set piece.

Grant: 6/10
Tried to be direct but had very little support. Felt a bit sorry for him. Looked more dangerous when Colwill and Rambo were on but by then we were too ragged and hurried.

Meite 5/10
SEE Grant. 9except for Colwill & Rambo comment!) Showed passion and on reflection should have chinned the cheating Jack B@stard, Darling.

Subs:
O'Dowda: 5/10 Brought a bit more control into our game but really the first half showing put the JBs and their 6 fingered supporters on the front foot. (As you can tell, I blame Bulut)
Colwill: 6/10 Looked comfortable on the ball while all around him were mostly shrinking violets
Tanner: 4/10 Tried to go forward, struck up a little partnership with Colwill but lots of poor decision making too.
Rambo: 4/10 Should have come on at half time. Not enough time to really influence the game.

A six for colwell??
You clearly don’t rate getting shots on target, assisting in goals or make good passes to teammates as an important part of his position then.
With those major attributes taken away he deserves a nine for running around in circles not passing and blazing his shots well wide or over.