Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I don’t think Buluts tactics were terrible

Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:58 pm

I honestly don’t think the tactics today were awful, yes it didn’t work but what the team tried to do nearly payed off. We were very close to keeping it 0 0 at half time, just switched off for a second and got punished. Second half we were better, maybe not the better side but the problem was we were chasing the game. If it was 0 0 in the sexo d half it would’ve been a completely different game. All ifs and buts though eh. I’m not saying bulut was right, just saying the idea wasn’t awful and it was close to paying off.

Re: I don’t think Buluts tactics were terrible

Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:03 pm

I agree it's all down to quality, we have no goal scorers from open play.

Everyone has seen it be the issue all season but still complain its the managers tactic, I don't see it that way it's lack of quality a massive summer is key we need to spend and on quality

Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:06 pm

Probably right about going in level at half time... would have been a different game ....2nd half chasing the game causes problems in way you play.... is one game they were desperate to win and it showed with their cheating antics

Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:32 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Probably right about going in level at half time... would have been a different game ....2nd half chasing the game causes problems in way you play.... is one game they were desperate to win and it showed with their cheating antics

Yeah that’s the way I saw it too. I think the game plan was go in at half time 0 0 then use tanner Ramsey and colwill in the second half to put a bit of pressure on them. It wasn’t buluts fault we switched off at the far post allowing the lad Cullen in. In hindsight we could’ve had a bit more of a go at them early on, but it is what it is.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:39 pm

Why couldn't we have had a go at them from the start?

We were on an unbeaten run of five games having won the last four.

They'd just lost to the wurzels.

Why on earth should the aim be to hold them to 0-0 at half time? :banghead: :banghead:

FFS - the game lasts 90+ minutes.

Why can't we try to win the game for every minute of it?

Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:48 pm

davids wrote:Why couldn't we have had a go at them from the start?

Why on earth should the aim be to hold them to 0-0 at half time? :banghead: :banghead:

This is why Bulut isn’t the man to take us forward. His tactics are so negative.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:51 pm

Exactly right,. Last week against Ipswich where we went on the front foot we have played too negative in the first half trying to keep it tight. I was delighted walking out last Saturday having been entertained for the first time this season with us playing with confidence and taking the game to the opposition. Today was back to the usual negative low quality we have endured most of the season. We just didn't turn up and for a derby game that's unacceptable.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:51 pm

I think we didn't turn up for 45mins and we're out fought. Better team won.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:00 pm

It didn't have to be that way. Had Bulut showed more cojones with his tactics, we could have put the JBs under more pressure. Instead we were the ones under pressure and we just fkn buckled.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:07 pm

The difference is they wanted it more this fixture means so much to them they totally out played us today the best they played all season . I now it’s hard to except .3 out of 4 derby wins is not bad we must dust ourselves off and move on to the next game can’t win them all Errol Bulut barmy army

Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:19 pm

I disagree I think our style of play is lazy we just sit back and never press, Swansea were doing just that and were all over us and they aren't even a good team. Every performance is the same, we've done ok this season results wise considering but in my opinion some of those wins have been a little lucky where we've played s##t but managed to nick it in the end, preston away, sheff weds home and away, last weekend there was a bit of luck, Watford away. We just look flat and lazy, no energy, Swansea all guns blazing press, press, press high tempo its frustrating just watching our players just standing there. Im on the fence thinking Bulut should stay as I don't think the board will get someone better in and we can't keep chopping and changing but I think some of our results have really just put paper over the cracks, I'd rather Bulut learnt from experiences tbh. If we played rubbish and won every game 1 nil I'd take it but I think our style of play sucks ìts not entertaining. I hate Swansea so much but they played well today that's how I wish my team played, passion, aggressive, high pressure, high tempo.
Just my opinion. It is what it is our day will come again.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:21 pm

We Lost the game in the midfield, they won Every single second ball.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:37 pm

At home it’s different. I don’t think we’re good enough to go to Swansea on derby day and just attack from the off.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:40 pm

Firstly I am in favour of Bulut being given a new contract I believe he’s done enough and should be given a budget and chance to take us forward next season. But like God knows how many managers before him he failed to set us up correctly. if you watch Swansea the best chance of beating them is press press press like they did to us. They aren’t great shakes at the back. Last week a depleted Bristol City side beat them because they pressed and put them under pressure from the off Swansea ended the game with not one shot on goal. They can’t handle sides pressing them.

Swansea deserved the result today and they are probably in all honesty are disappointed they didn’t stick four or five on us. But this is probably one of the most average Swansea sides we have played down there for years they weren’t any great shakes they don’t have the quality of teams gone by quality players they know they will get money for in the summer. Once again it looks to me like another manager of ours who’s failed to do his homework and get his tactics right. Watch them it’s not rocket science press and you will punish them sit off them and you inevitably like us again today get punished

Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:44 pm

cs_original wrote:

At home it’s different. I don’t think we’re good enough to go to Swansea on derby day and just attack from the off.

Why not?

We are higher than them in the League.

We were in better form then they were.

That would tend to suggest that we were good enough to go at Swansea from the start or do you think we did the right thing by sitting back, letting them have as much ball as they wanted and make no attempt to take the game to them?

How did that work out?

Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:46 pm

All exuses tactics where wrong we never had a shot on goal in the whole of 45 muns they had about 10 corners overan us easily 1st half so what where the tactics then hang on we where 1st half shocking 2nd half when colwill came on we made a game of it bowler no fight in this player whats so ever

Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:13 pm

Manager as he has done many times this season got his team selection and tactics all wrong.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:16 pm

Bulut is a negative manager. Even against Ipswich it was when we were a goal down he brought on Colwill etc and then the game changed. 2 holding midfielders- come on against the Jacks who were crap against Bristol. As soon as the team announced I knew we would start off defending. Does not get you need to go at teams. We have done it so many times this season that it is not a surprise. Hope he goes.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:19 pm

They had 6 corners in the first 14 mins. Absolutely flew out if the blocks.

We never settled. Coouldn't control. Lost count of how many clearances passes hit another cardiff players and came back towards our goal.

A horrible performance.

Miete needs to be bollocked. Pathetic and fell into every trap the baby!!

Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:30 pm

davids wrote:
cs_original wrote:

Why not?

That would tend to suggest that we were good enough to go at Swansea from the start or do you think we did the right thing by sitting back, letting them have as much ball as they wanted and make no attempt to take the game to them?

How did that work out?

I’d say we’re better, the table doesn’t lie. I just think we’re only slightly better and certainly haven’t got the given right to think we just turn up, to a one off derby game and think we can just go gung ho. I think having a game plan was a REASONABLE idea, not saying it was the CORRECT idea.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:57 pm

cs_original wrote:
davids wrote:
cs_original wrote:

Why not?

How did that work out?

I’d say we’re better, the table doesn’t lie. I just think we’re only slightly better and certainly haven’t got the given right to think we just turn up, to a one off derby game and think we can just go gung ho. I think having a game plan was a REASONABLE idea, not saying it was the CORRECT idea.

There's a big difference between going "gung ho" and trying to win the game.

We simply allowed them too much time on the ball without closing them down and we offered no attacking threat whatsoever for the first hour of the game.

The game plan was the same one we've had for most of the season. Try to keep our shape and keep things tight for as long as possible and try to nick something from a set piece.

Look what happened last week when we pressed Ipswich - a much better team than Swansea.
Putting Swansea under sustained pressure early in the game would have been a "plan" - not letting them have as much of the ball as they wanted and the freedom of the pitch.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:07 pm

davids wrote:
cs_original wrote:
davids wrote:
cs_original wrote:

Why not?

How did that work out?

There's a big difference between going "gung ho" and trying to win the game.

We simply allowed them too much time on the ball without closing them down and we offered no attacking threat whatsoever for the first hour of the game.

The game plan was the same one we've had for most of the season. Try to keep our shape and keep things tight for as long as possible and try to nick something from a set piece.

Look what happened last week when we pressed Ipswich - a much better team than Swansea.
Putting Swansea under sustained pressure early in the game would have been a "plan" - not letting them have as much of the ball as they wanted and the freedom of the pitch.

That’s fair, having a game plan to press them from the off would have been reasonable too. Hopefully add bit more quality in the summer and maybe Bulut will trust his team to go out there with a bit more intent for the full 90

Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:23 pm

With how fast Swansea came out of the blocks first half I don't think any tactics would have counteracted it. Their high press was relentless, no wonder we didn't create anything.

Second half they backed off a bit and the game was there for the taking...thats where we needed to go more direct and bombard their box with crosses but didn't. Bowler should have come off earlier too coz that guy and crossing doesnt go together in the same sentence. Those things I do blame on Bulut.

Hate to say it though, sometimes u gotta give credit to the opposition.

Plus, at least we got to watch a game with 11 v 11 coz most ref's would have red carded Meite!

Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:36 pm

The problem today showed that Bulut is so out of his depth that he needs armbands.

This isn't a derby issue, we lost, and they wanted it more 2-0 each, all is fair. Its, they were going to scrap because their season is done now 2-0 all pride restored "double double" and all that. It's the fact that he didn't plan for the Alamo for the first 20 mins....

No, the issue is he didn't get how badly they wanted it, how bad their player's lives and the free drinks in Wind Street depended on it. We have played everyone except the keeper at ACM but Turnbull hasn't struck me as the most physical or aggressive, this was a day for the big lads, Ralls or Wintle getting a few digs in was what was required to weather the storm.

I am totally indifferent to Bulut, he is better than Morison or Hudson but Malky, Warnock, or mad mick do not lose today, they are shit but so are we really.

He doesn't learn and that's the concerning bit, but also a quarter of our squad are piss poor. I know Tanner's past glories but he is nonleague, whilst Bowler will be lucky to get an L1 contract when he finishes with Forest. Dhediou is gone, Meite is a winger and i can count on my left hand Sio's forward passes. The one spark of life is Colwill and he doesn't know what to do with him....

CCFC make your fcuking minds up on him because I can't but I am only a fan, sorry customer..

Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:29 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:

This is why Bulut isn’t the man to take us forward. His tactics are so negative.

Bang on mate..but the Bulut 'Love In' continues for some :lol:

Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:28 pm

kyle08 wrote:I agree it's all down to quality, we have no goal scorers from open play.

Everyone has seen it be the issue all season but still complain its the managers tactic, I don't see it that way it's lack of quality a massive summer is key we need to spend and on quality

That's the key - The way to move forward ...