Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Let Colwill leave

Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:38 pm

He’s too good for us, class above all our other players. If we’re not going to use him let the poor boy go. Only
One trying to create anything

Re: Let Colwill leave

Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:40 pm

Simon,

Rubin is way above the rest of our team.

I don’t see Bulut using him enough to Rubin’s potential.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Simon,

He’s effortless on the ball, hopefully he leaves for a club that appreciates him and his career takes off.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:42 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:He’s too good for us, class above all our other players. If we’re not going to use him let the poor boy go. Only
One trying to create anything

He needs to go for his own sake.

He will be used better at a few clubs I see, even clubs below us. I would imagine these clubs would build their team around him and that is what we should be doing but I see no evidence of that happening.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:42 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:

He’s effortless on the ball, hopefully he leaves for a club that appreciates him and his career takes off.

You being serious ?

Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:46 pm

Iceblue wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:

You being serious ?

100% serious, hardly lost the ball today with three or four players on him. He’s quality but sadly Bulut wants to turn him into a defensive midfielder and crush any flair.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:48 pm

We should build around colwill not let him go leaps and bounds under bulut best player for us today with limited time

Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:49 pm

montyblue wrote:We should build around colwill not let him go leaps and bounds under bulut best player for us today with limited time

I agree but he won’t wait around for the sake of his career. We’ll lose him and he’ll go on to better things

Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:50 pm

I agree he's levels but maybe he wasn't up to starting today ?

It's easy to pick things from a dire performance, but as a selfish cardiff fan no way should we let our best player go that's a stupid thing to say

Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:53 pm

kyle08 wrote:I agree he's levels but maybe he wasn't up to starting today ?

It's easy to pick things from a dire performance, but as a selfish cardiff fan no way should we let our best player go that's a stupid thing to say

What’s stupid is hampering the poor lads career and playing second rate players ahead of him

Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:01 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:I agree he's levels but maybe he wasn't up to starting today ?

What’s stupid is hampering the poor lads career and playing second rate players ahead of him

I get that but next season with real quality added around him we can build a team with him as the spear head.

We would be only going backwards to let a talent like that go, but if he don't play next season week in week out then yes for the best for him he will be beast leaving.

As per the interview bulut done he said he was told to keep us in the league this season and he has done that

Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:07 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:
Iceblue wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:

You being serious ?

100% serious, hardly lost the ball today with three or four players on him. He’s quality but sadly Bulut wants to turn him into a defensive midfielder and crush any flair.

I give you he looks very pretty when spinning around I circles. But his shooting is awful his crossing is awful his forward thinking is awful, his fitness for his age don’t even get me started.
Tomlin was slagged off as useless constantly here colwell hasn’t done a quarter of what tomlin did when he single handily dragged us to the playoffs.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:11 pm

If he's so good why hasn't ANYONE come in for him?
Looks classy, flicks and tricks but everything else needs work.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:17 pm

JulesK wrote:If he's so good why hasn't ANYONE come in for him?
Looks classy, flicks and tricks but everything else needs work.

Agree he wouldn’t score in the national league.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:04 pm

Colwill is pretty on the eye but has ZERO goals and ZERO assists in his game.

He had 2 clear opportunities today and didn't hit the target.

I'd let him leave because we wouldn't miss him!!

Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:05 pm

Bullutt always talking about wanting more defensively from colwill...when we need him floating around freely creating and dictating play..I would build the team around him..head and shoulders above the rest of our team

Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:14 pm

litoblues wrote:Bullutt always talking about wanting more defensively from colwill...when we need him floating around freely creating and dictating play..I would build the team around him..head and shoulders above the rest of our team

Thank god you’re not in charge then.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:18 pm

Yes good on the ball but apart from the goal vs Bristol zero actual impact.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:25 pm

How can you build a Championship team around a player who doesn't have the stamina to play for 90 minutes?

He has no pace. He can't tackle. He can't head the ball at all.

His shooting is poor. He rarely tracks back.

In this division (and let's be honest the Championship is the limit of the club's ambition for the foreseeable future) he's a luxury player that few teams could accommodate,

Is he good enough to play in the Premier League? Not for me.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:30 pm

I actually find him a bit frustrating but no denying he has good potential he has good ball control but doesn't always have good end product I think he needs to mentally toughen up and grab a game by the horns get a bit of swagger.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:33 pm

He needs a run in the team, he’s never going to be match fit if he doesn’t play matches consistently. Give him a run of games, play to his strengths and I believe he’d have a massively positive impact.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:35 pm

No end product on him tbh

Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:38 pm

Need a formation change:

O'dowda Ng Philips Goutas Esbrand

Turnbull Ramsey Colwill

Miete Ashford

Wingbacks give us pace Grant another option at wingback

Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:41 pm

Why on earth does he wait until we are behind to bring him on , probably the most gifted creative player we have but he reverts to this negative , defensive boring football , sorry I think for once the board have been right and would not be surprised to see him leave in the summer.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:53 pm

Einstein wrote:Need a formation change:

O'dowda Ng Philips Goutas Esbrand

Turnbull Ramsey Colwill

Miete Ashford

Wingbacks give us pace Grant another option at wingback

That's some lineup.No goalkeeper.Now that's what I call attacking football.
Rubin blazed over when he should have scored.
What I find odd is Bulut putting Grant up front then within 10 minutes he brings on Diédhiou

Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:02 pm

The kids agent needs to find him a premier league move.
I am guessing Bulut stays and he is so functional he makes Malky look like Alf Ramsey, a real visionary but he is wasted with us.

He needs to find his level but it’s not with us

I reckon £6-8million so he needs to go

Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:11 pm

Colwill was brilliant when he came on caused Swansea a lot of problems don’t get why he didn’t start the game why doesn’t he get a full 90 minutes

Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:33 pm

Bulut has is way and colwill isn’t part of it

Ned’s to go

Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:44 pm

Colwill made the difference against ipswich last week end of
whats a matter with everyone he has made an impact every time he has come on lately ffs

Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:52 pm

I thought he was class today. Can't understand how anyone can say anything negative about him anymore. In previous seasons yes but not now. And I certainly wouldn't sell him.

You can tell he's been working on the parts to his game that have been lacking. He's so much more physical now than he used to be. Puts in a shift every game. He's always probing and there's some serious creativity there too, not just skill and technique, the guy can properly pick a pass.

We just need to use him more, it's as simple as that. He's got to play more.