Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: SWANSEA ABSOLUTELY THE MAJORITY OF THE GAME AND YET

Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:25 pm

MY VIEW: SWANSEA ABSOLUTELY THE MAJORITY OF THE GAME AND YET AGAIN CARDIFF ARE NOT ABLE TO DO THE DOUBLE OVER SWANSEA TOWN:

Swansea fans gloated to the Cardiff fans on not being able to do the double yet again.

I really hate to say it, But Cardiff never turned up today, AWFUL:

What the hell was Bulut letting us just sit back?

Swansea without a doubt were the better team in the first-half.
Second-half Swansea’s Cullen missed a penalty.

Some tough tackles out there.

Cardiff did not play like they had recently and over all played like they do during their dire 4month period.

So Cardiff wait another year to ever be able to say they did the double over Swansea.

So Cardiff’s 5 match unbeaten run came to an end.

FIRST-HALF:

Swansea absolutely dominated for the first 25mins. Tackles started to fly in and Cardiff started to get in to the game more.

35th min: Swansea City 1-0 Cardiff City (Cullen)
I have to say Brilliant goal.
Ronald makes it. Flicks the ball over his head, and bursts through the right flank. Slips back to Naughton, whose cross finds Cullen unmarked in the box, and his first time finish beats Horvath from close range.
I hate to say Swansea deserved it, as they had outplayed Cardiff beyond.
Bulut will probably have roasted his players at h/r.

SECOND -HALF:
45th min: A double sub for Cardiff.
Colwill on for Turnbull.
Meite off for O'Dowda.

Swansea continued to be in control then wow 51st min, Jacks get a penalty and Cullen puts the penalty well wide, YES.

Rubin Colwill was looking good.

62nd min Ollie Tanner came on for Bowler.

72nd min: Ramsey replaced Siopis
Triple sub for Swansea as Lowe, Cooper and Fulton on for Paterson, Allen and Cullen.

78th min: Diedhiou on for Wilson-Esbrand.

Cardiff for the last 20mins did pressure Swansea.

96th min:

GOAL! Swansea City 2-0 Cardiff City (Lowe)

That's that!
Lowe skips his way beyond the defence and slots home.

SWANSEA TOWN 2 CARDIFF CITY 0
H-T 1-0
Crowd 20,005
Away 1,700

Cardiff City: Horvath; Ng, Goutas, Phillips, Wilson-Esbrand; Siopis, Wintle; Bowler, Turnbull, Grant; Meite.

Subs: Turner, Romeo, Ralls, Ramsey, O'Dowda, Collins, Diedhiou, Colwill, Tanner.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: SWANSEA ABSOLUTELY THE MAJORITY OF THE GAME AND

Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:27 pm

Sat back from the get go and got deservedly punished for it, bulut should take the blame for this

Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:29 pm

Shit tactics again. This is why I’m so on the fence with Bulut. Tactically inept

Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:29 pm

The most disappointing thing about this loss is the gutlessness of it.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:30 pm

danielrees17 wrote:Sat back from the get go and got deservedly punished for it, bulut should take the blame for this

How about swans started game on front foot causing city to defend deep? Poor by city but sometimes got to accept better team won

I don't care what anyone says the manager is to blame for that defeat yes we have had four wins lately but still most of them we was lucky from set piecs. The 1st half we done f**k all just sat off them, no team press nothing, just watched them pass it about. Are they really told do that??? Baffling if so.

You could see after 6 minutes what was coming with them chasing every ball and other players marking tight to anyone we could pass to. So we hoofed it and it was always coming back.

It took untill the 2nd half for us to even start have a go with a drove of subs. We pushed for an equaliser but they got the 2nd goal from that.

Although we created f**k all the whole game really. I can't remember one good save there goalkeeper had to make.

Pathetic stand off set up from the off end of. :banghead:

The players and the manager should all just f**k off. Raging :oops:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dire, Lacklustre, shameful and embarrassing - thank god wales egg chasing will lose shortly and cheer me up :laughing6:

Wrong tactics, wrong starting 11, wrong subs, Allen ruled midfield

Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:31 pm

danielrees17 wrote:Sat back from the get go and got deservedly punished for it, bulut should take the blame for this

I think this is the start of the end for him.

Very poor selection followed by a poor performance. Forget the 4 straight wins this has over shadowed it all and the club have let the fans down once again.

I know emotions will be high after this but Bulut could not have got it more wrong and I don't think he will recover from this.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:31 pm

arri potta wrote:Dire, Lacklustre, shameful and embarrassing - thank god wales egg chasing will lose shortly and cheer me up :laughing6:

Wooden spoon will just finish the weekend perfectly lol

Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:32 pm

snoopystorm wrote:Wrong tactics, wrong starting 11, wrong subs, Allen ruled midfield

and 4 or 5 lazy fecking players

FFS you beat Swansea by pressing them and going at them everybody knows that

That’s a piss poor performance from players and Management

We are so, so much better when we are positive and go at teams!!

What was different to this time around that was not back at ours? Tactics? Willingness to play/passion?

I had a funny feeling that we would f**k it up somehow. Should have kept the team from Ipswich!

Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:34 pm

We have no idea how to play Swansea .
We are clueless .
Swansea wants it more than we do every time .
That’s not good enough for me .
We are bullied and we allow it to happen .
There is no passion, aggression or desire .
I have made it known on here I am not a fan of Bulut . 2-0 flatters us .
We were taught another lesson .

Its always Bulut to blame with his tactics. Swansea were the home team, were desperate to win and that's the end of it. No it wasn't a great performance and they defended well second half. Bulut won 3 out 4 derbies this season. Too much is made of this double. Who cares. We lost move on and build for next season.

Xenonbluebird wrote:What was different to this time around that was not back at ours? Tactics? Willingness to play/passion?

I had a funny feeling that we would f**k it up somehow. Should have kept the team from Ipswich!

That finishe game? Was unchanged team today.

Swansea wasn’t that good, we were just terrible. I don’t mind loosing if you give some effort, but it’s like our team was on the piss the night before. The only player that impressed me was Colwill when he came on. The manager has to take some of the blame as I have no idea what our formation was second half.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:35 pm

The Jack's wanted it more, some of the players need a good hard look at themselves, bowler didn't do a lot, Robin Colwill should have started, hard to take, but we move on, we are and always will be a bigger club.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:37 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:Its always Bulut to blame with his tactics. Swansea were the home team, were desperate to win and that's the end of it. No it wasn't a great performance and they defended well second half. Bulut won 3 out 4 derbies this season. Too much is made of this double. Who cares. We lost move on and build for next season.

Anybody think a team is not allowed to lose or win a game? Bad performance yes but that's football move on let them celebrate their cup final win .. ...

Hate to say better team won today tactically they played much better than us wanted it more id say anyway onwards and upwards :bluebird:

TaxiBlue wrote:We have no idea how to play Swansea .
We are clueless .

Bullied, really? Calm down we lost a close game away from home. If it wasn't the Jack's we wouldn't have this reaction. When we won 2 nil in the home fixture it was no different than today.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:40 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:
TaxiBlue wrote:We have no idea how to play Swansea .
We are clueless .

Bullied, really? Calm down we lost a close game away from home. If it wasn't the Jack's we wouldn't have this reaction. When we won 2 nil in the home fixture it was no different than today.

Close? there was a massive gulf in all aspects of the game, they wanted it - we didn't - showed from 1st to last minute!

Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:40 pm

snoopystorm wrote:Wrong tactics, wrong starting 11, wrong subs, Allen ruled midfield

I thought it was all the referees fault?

Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:43 pm

Buluts team selection and tactics are poor imo. I am a supporter of Bulut, however on some occasions I wonder if he is the right person for the job. I am now firmly on the fence on the decision whether to renew his contract or not. I don't think we will get a better manager under Tan , so we probably need to stick with him unless a surprise proven manager is waiting in the wings. We expected a mid table finish and that's what we will get.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:43 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

Very poor selection followed by a poor performance. Forget the 4 straight wins this has over shadowed it all and the club have let the fans down once again.

I know emotions will be high after this but Bulut could not have got it more wrong and I don't think he will recover from this.

Total over reaction. Bulut won 3 out of 4 derbies. They played better than us. It happens but putting this all on Bulut is ridiculous

Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:47 pm

Updated:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:48 pm

Game probably sums up season for both sides? We never get good run going but manage to win games could have lost ... swans pick up wins after couple of losses just enough to keep them above bottom portion of table ... afterall it is championship most unpredictable in the world by far.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:48 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Total over reaction. Bulut won 3 out of 4 derbies. They played better than us. It happens but putting this all on Bulut is ridiculous

Agree and he made the right changes and we played better, if you watch our chances most were ruined by poor decision making.

Biggest thing for me that stood out was not having a proper striker in the first half

Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:54 pm

I thought the starting line up was spot on but we all soon realised a lot of the players were off the boil including NG surprisingly :banghead:

Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:56 pm

Logie wrote:
EastleighBlue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Agree and he made the right changes and we played better, if you watch our chances most were ruined by poor decision making.

Biggest thing for me that stood out was not having a proper striker in the first half

So who do you put it on?

Bulut has not been offered an extension and there is a reason for that. Today will not help his cause.