Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Help please

Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:00 pm

Hi, I’m a Kilmarnock fan in Bristol with my wife and was thinking about attending the Hull fixture. Any suggestions for the best part of the ground for us. We will be coming by train. How easy is it to get to the ground and come back to the city centre? Can you have a drink before the game at the stadium? (You can’t in Scotland). We are first time visitors to Cardiff so any suggestions at all for our day welcome.

Re: Help please

Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:47 pm

Central station is approx a mile and half from Cardiff City stadium. There is a small station called Ninian Park approx 500 metres from the ground.
You can walk from the city centre and I think the club now run buses from the city to the ground. Taxis are readily available.

The area of the City called Canton is the closest to the ground for a few beers or food but can get quite busy. So maybe stay in City Centre and jump on the shuttle bus.

Yes you can drink in all parts of the ground but can’t take alcohol to your seats.

The Canton stand is the main singing section,and behind the one goal. The family stand is next to away fans and behind the opposite goal.
The Ninian stand runs the length of the one side of the pitch with great views and the Grandstand in the poshest section where the players tunnel is.
Hope this helps and hope you have a great time.

Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:02 pm

Bus runs from opposite bbc building starts 2 hours before game .. also 95 bus from same stop goes to ground ...... walk is 1 mile its a strait line from station if choose the excersise.

Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:30 pm

Ian1869 wrote:Hi, I’m a Kilmarnock fan in Bristol with my wife and was thinking about attending the Hull fixture. Any suggestions for the best part of the ground for us. We will be coming by train. How easy is it to get to the ground and come back to the city centre? Can you have a drink before the game at the stadium? (You can’t in Scotland). We are first time visitors to Cardiff so any suggestions at all for our day welcome.

Best part of ground and the cheapest is 111 between the canton cardiff end and ninian sitting so best of both great view and right by the singing
A taxi from city centre to pubs near ground is £5/6
4 pubs within 100yds of each other posh hudu lounge plenty of room old fashioned The admiral mental canton cross and ivor davies(weatherspoons)

Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:41 pm

montyblue wrote:
Ian1869 wrote:Hi, I’m a Kilmarnock fan in Bristol with my wife and was thinking about attending the Hull fixture. Any suggestions for the best part of the ground for us. We will be coming by train. How easy is it to get to the ground and come back to the city centre? Can you have a drink before the game at the stadium? (You can’t in Scotland). We are first time visitors to Cardiff so any suggestions at all for our day welcome.

Best part of ground and the cheapest is 111 between the canton cardiff end and ninian sitting so best of both great view and right by the singing
A taxi from city centre to pubs near ground is £5/6
4 pubs within 100yds of each other posh hudu lounge plenty of room old fashioned The admiral mental canton cross and ivor davies(weatherspoons)

Yes you can have a beer in the ground not the best and exspensive and yes as said there is a shuttle free bus from city centre opposite the bbc centre but it goes straight to the ground where as the pubs are a 5/8 min walk to the ground there is a pub right by the ground but usually have to have food and usually gets a few away fans the
sand martin.

Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:46 pm

Thanks all. Is it best just to walk back to the centre after the game?

Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:13 pm

Ian1869 wrote:Thanks all. Is it best just to walk back to the centre after the game?

I usually walk back taxis etc waste as its so busy does' nt take long 15 /20mins .

Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:22 pm

Train from Central to Ninian Park is probably easiest..Ninian Stand is ok, maybe in 113 or so, nearer the Canton End.
The City Centre is nice, big parks behind the Castle etc, or you may fancy a boat ride from Town to the Bay.

Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:25 pm

There’s buses outside after the game that go to town but fill up quite fast.

Just as easy to walk back in to town

Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:07 am

Ninian stand 114/115 are approximately halfway line good view of all areas of pitch. Working away from there 113 to 112 to 111 etc will take you closer to the canton end (singing standing end)

Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:16 am

You do realise Cardiff play on grass not the recycled condoms your mob play on?

Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:40 am

gwentbluebirds wrote:Ninian stand 114/115 are approximately halfway line good view of all areas of pitch. Working away from there 113 to 112 to 111 etc will take you closer to the canton end (singing standing end)

I’m towards top of 113 and it’s great there.
Close to atmosphere and on ‘the D’ of the penalty area of the canton end that we’re always kicking against second half.

Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:57 am

Jock wrote:You do realise Cardiff play on grass not the recycled condoms your mob play on?

You got up early for that one, Jock! Given your comment you do sound a bit of a w@nker, right enough :occasion5:

Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:01 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:Ninian stand 114/115 are approximately halfway line good view of all areas of pitch. Working away from there 113 to 112 to 111 etc will take you closer to the canton end (singing standing end)

I’m towards top of 113 and it’s great there.
Close to atmosphere and on ‘the D’ of the penalty area of the canton end that we’re always kicking against second half.

I'm 114 roughly the centre circle. Slightly towards 113 side

Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:15 am

Jock wrote:You do realise Cardiff play on grass not the recycled condoms your mob play on?

:laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:16 am

Please come on after and let us know your matchday experience. I'd be interested to read that from someone who jumps in our end :occasion5:

Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:20 pm

Booked the Grandstand near the Cardiff end. Wife wanted the “posh stand”. Will report back on our day out. Interested to see Ramsay and Turnbull. Will view this forum to get up to speed with the chat around the club. Cheers!

Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:29 pm

Ian1869 wrote:Booked the Grandstand near the Cardiff end. Wife wanted the “posh stand”. Will report back on our day out. Interested to see Ramsay and Turnbull. Will view this forum to get up to speed with the chat around the club. Cheers!

Pretty good seats actually mate
Ramsey (though injured a fair bit) is still a class act at this level and it’s already clear that Turnbull is going to be a good player at this level too. Enjoy.