Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Timeo Whisker “

Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:54 pm

Man City set to agree deal for Cardiff talent Timeo Whisker. 15yo pursued by host of PL clubs but #MCFC offer (~£250,000) accepted by #CardiffCity. If all goes to plan, winger will undergo medical + complete move on schoolboy registration @TheAthleticFC

Re: “ Timeo Whisker “

Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:09 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Man City set to agree deal for Cardiff talent Timeo Whisker. 15yo pursued by host of PL clubs but #MCFC offer (~£250,000) accepted by #CardiffCity. If all goes to plan, winger will undergo medical + complete move on schoolboy registration @TheAthleticFC

Another success at that level... :clap: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:15 pm

Another one of our talented youngsters gone to a premier club isnt that 5 in the last two years now ? .

Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:25 pm

wez1927 wrote:Another one of our talented youngsters gone to a premier club isnt that 5 in the last two years now ? .

Hopefully we have slapped a few ‘add on’s’ To that fee

Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:48 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Another one of our talented youngsters gone to a premier club isnt that 5 in the last two years now ? .

Not sure you can do that believe there's a fixed compensation fee.... all part of the stupid rules and a 2011 rule that allows cat 1 academies to literally steel youngsters from cat 2 or 3 academies there are strict rules in place regards transfers of players upto age 17... as long as its done above board it will always work for clubs like man c although I believe they and others been investigated for improper approach of under 17s

Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:48 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Not sure you can do that believe there's a fixed compensation fee.... all part of the stupid rules and a 2011 rule that allows cat 1 academies to literally steel youngsters from cat 2 or 3 academies there are strict rules in place regards transfers of players upto age 17... as long as its done above board it will always work for clubs like man c although I believe they and others been investigated for improper approach of under 17s
It's wrong

Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:54 pm

wez1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

It's wrong

Wez it goes back to 2011 whoever was in charge of efl screwed the clubs on several fronts when negotiating with premier league.

Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:13 pm

Something needs to be done at this club to stop these youngsters going .

Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 pm

This is why we need to be a cat 1 academy

We can then do the stealing

Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:40 am

Paul Keevil wrote:This is why we need to be a cat 1 academy

Agree

Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:14 am

Has to stop Wez,

We need a higher category (1).

Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:07 am

Is there any championship clubs in CAT1?

Also, it shows that something is going right. Some of these may not make it, so it's cash-flow of some sort. Obviously if one makes it semi-big (£20M or so) then it's awful for business.

Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:08 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:

What can you do if a kid wants to go Let’s not blame the club for a kid wanting to go to Man City The only issue is the amount of compensation.
You can’t stop a kid leaving

Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:04 pm

Abergavenny wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

What can you do if a kid wants to go Let’s not blame the club for a kid wanting to go to Man City The only issue is the amount of compensation.

Only way ro stop it is being cat 1 academy which is what is being aimed for now ... think this is what's being aluded to here

Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:10 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

Only way ro stop it is being cat 1 academy which is what is being aimed for now ... think this is what's being aluded to here

Can you stop a kid moving from Cat 1 to Cat 1 ? or is it just larger compensation amounts ?

Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:14 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Agree

Why would that make a difference?

Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:16 pm

As much as I hate the fact that big Prem clubs can just come in and take our players for peanuts, let's be honest; Why would any youth player choose our non-existent path to first team football over arguably the best academy in the world?

Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:24 pm

G3vans wrote:As much as I hate the fact that big Prem clubs can just come in and take our players for peanuts, let's be honest; Why would any youth player choose our non-existent path to first team football over arguably the best academy in the world?

You are missing the point? This effects every club in country that doesn't have cat 1 academy its not about pathways to 1st team it's about youngsters at clubs academies being stolen for peanuts .... this youngster chose city his home club to start his footballing career only for a cat 1 club come in and steal him if we had cat 1 they cannot do it under any circumstances....hopefully this will be addressed in near future with our new facilities.

Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:26 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Agree

Cat 1 academies cannot steal from another cat 1 academy.. but if we get cat 1 we can do what man c did

Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:54 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Agree

Can't be poached

Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:36 pm

I think the general rule of a higher cat academy being able to take lads from lower ones is down to ensuring a club doesn’t hinder their potential progress. I see both sides of that argument.
But as this is something like the 4th or 5th academy player to be poached and that we have a few like RC breaking into the 1st team and squad, that we are spotting and developing some youngsters.
Hopefully we’ll keep it going, but get to a stage where we see the benefit of them. Rather than Man City take them for a year or so and sell on once 18yrs old. That’s abusing the system if done regularly.

Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:50 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
G3vans wrote:As much as I hate the fact that big Prem clubs can just come in and take our players for peanuts, let's be honest; Why would any youth player choose our non-existent path to first team football over arguably the best academy in the world?

You are missing the point? This effects every club in country that doesn't have cat 1 academy its not about pathways to 1st team it's about youngsters at clubs academies being stolen for peanuts .... this youngster chose city his home club to start his footballing career only for a cat 1 club come in and steal him if we had cat 1 they cannot do it under any circumstances....hopefully this will be addressed in near future with our new facilities.

I'm not missing the point, I literally said in my first sentence that I don't like system.

I'm trying to make the point that regardless of our academy category, we as a club have been very poor at introducing youth players to the first team/sending them out on loan far too late. Timeo Whisker is far more likely to fulfil his potential at Manchester City. We need to sort out our own academy before moaning about the rules.

Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:29 pm

G3vans wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I'm not missing the point, I literally said in my first sentence that I don't like system.

I'm trying to make the point that regardless of our academy category, we as a club have been very poor at introducing youth players to the first team/sending them out on loan far too late. Timeo Whisker is far more likely to fulfil his potential at Manchester City. We need to sort out our own academy before moaning about the rules.

Simply because we only get to keep kids like Colwell who have potential but can fail to live upto it? Whilst he's good bet he's not anywhere as good as this kid is at 15? We have lost 5 kids in 2 years apparently so nothing wrong with kids wanting to play for city but We lose the cream of the academy to man c and the like , yes our academy staff are poor but with new facilities that hopefully will change along with status.... and despite what people say academies at any club don't produce lots of 1st team players why do you think Manchester c wolves ect pick other clubs talented kids to boost their own academies?

Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:29 pm

The kids probably don't want to have their futures ruined by playing for Purse when they reach U21 level

Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:44 pm

This is yet another example showing we are bringing good youngsters through. Unfortunately, all our best youngsters are currently getting poached.

Still, it's very unfair to criticise some of the academy scouts/coaching staff when we have had Man City and Man Utd poaching some of our best youngsters within the past 12 months.

There is nothing Darren Purse, Gavin Chesterfield etc can do about that, so they're left with working with the youngsters they have left.

Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:14 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:This is yet another example showing we are bringing good youngsters through. Unfortunately, all our best youngsters are currently getting poached.

Still, it's very unfair to criticise some of the academy scouts/coaching staff when we have had Man City and Man Utd poaching some of our best youngsters within the past 12 months.

There is nothing Darren Purse, Gavin Chesterfield etc can do about that, so they're left with working with the youngsters they have left.

The elite clubs have been taking our best young talent for years but David Hughes and Steve Morison managed to still do well.

I think Hughes actually works for Man Utd’s academy now.

Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:20 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Agree

Can't be poached

Well from what I'm seeing the academy is paying for itself by selling our youth onto the bigger club.
So we need to invest in the academy to get cat 1 status. Well that is not going to happen is it?

Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:30 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Agree

Can't be poached

Well from what I'm seeing the academy is paying for itself by selling our youth onto the bigger club.
So we need to invest in the academy to get cat 1 status. Well that is not going to happen is it?

If not going to happen why is Borley/club investing lot of time effort and money into the house of sports and llanrumney? To make club look good for parents of kids wanting to be professional footballers!!!
Ps estimated cost of running cat1 academy is 3m+ and llanrumney as around 144 staff almost mirrors the clubs staff

Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:45 pm

Hopefully we are getting a few good koanees next season, Cat A is a must when llanrumney up and running.

Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:55 pm

JulesK wrote:Hopefully we are getting a few good koanees next season, Cat A is a must when llanrumney up and running.

Despite what people on here think the club is aiming for cat 1 status... otherwise Borley as wasted a lot of money along with club... we have facilities far in excess of what most championship clubs have..... there is
3 championship clubs with car 1 status Blackburn...Leeds...Middlesbrough