Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BEST FINISH TO GAME I HAVE SEEN IN YEARS ANY BETTER ONES

Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:34 pm

That has to be up there with won of the best wins in the circumstances
i think 99% of us cardiff fans thought we would be lucky just to get a draw against ipswich who lets be honest have been flying and stormed the championship and most infront of them this season
So can anyone remember a better finish to a game recently.glad to say i was there and right till the final whistle.

Re: BEST FINISH TO GAME I HAVE SEEN IN YEARS ANY BETTER ONES

Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:57 pm

Agreed.

It’s up there with Ben Turner’s equaliser at Wembley, but that was just one goal and that was 12 years ago.

Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:30 pm

Although we didn't win the game against wolves in promotion season! we missed 2 penalties in last couple minutes their bench going bananas ignoring warnock at end crazy scenes.

Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:49 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Although we didn't win the game against wolves in promotion season! we missed 2 penalties in last couple minutes their bench going bananas ignoring warnock at end crazy scenes.

Was that gary madine time

Was that the same game when we played wolves on a wet night midweek and holliet scored a screamer or was the game you refer to a sat game? I rememberber both madine miss and holliets goal.

Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:52 pm

montyblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Although we didn't win the game against wolves in promotion season! we missed 2 penalties in last couple minutes their bench going bananas ignoring warnock at end crazy scenes.

Was that the same game when we played wolves on a wet night midweek and holliet scored a screamer or was the game you refer to a sat game? I rememberber both madine miss and holliets goal.

It was a Friday night neves scored typical free kick ... madine and hoillett missed injury time pens

Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:34 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
montyblue wrote:

It was a Friday night neves scored typical free kick ... madine and hoillett missed injury time pens

I remember that game. The celebrations from the Wolves coaching staff were way over the top, not even seen our coaching staff celebrate like that when we’ve got promoted.

Think it was the night that the Sky cameras picked up Warnock telling Nuno to f**k off.

Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:17 pm

Saturday was great, it really was and our fans deserve these moments. To win in injury time by two goals and after several seasons of utter shite, it's Roy Race stuff and why not.

I remember the other games above well too, all fantastic moments which don't come around a lot for most clubs in the cycle of football.

And what's great is that I expected nothing on Saturday and there was a real risk of another Leeds like drubbing. But this is a huge part of why we love this game, you really never can tell and I was not expecting what I saw. And it was all good. And to win in that manner against a decent team on their ascendancy, I mean, two goals in ET is just ridiculous. Sis you feel the tension and how we were also roaring us on, it really does make a difference, everyone on their feet in the closing stages as we could sense something was possible and all urged our boys on. Wonderful. And in the manner we played. Great to see our amazing fans having a party again too, we haven't had many of them of late ans I hope we have another one against the orcs on Saturday.

Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:20 pm

Yeh I was saying it’s been years since a great win like that right at the end .
I remember the wolves game like it was yesterday with those missed penalty’s , was right behind the goal too , madness scenes .
But the other one was when Leeds were 3-0 up and we came back to 3-3 it was at elland rd

Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:11 am

We did the same at Preston earlier in the season to thats was awesome to

Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:55 am

Antccfc wrote:We did the same at Preston earlier in the season to thats was awesome to

Exactly.Thats twice in a season we have done it We usually throw games away rather than the other way around so its a nice change. Also got a last minute winner at Sunderland. Makes up for the early season disappointments at Leeds, Leicester and Ipswich.

Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:06 am

Over the many years i have watched it ranks right up there but perhaps not so important.

Others, in no particular order and going back a few years

Two goals in last few minutes against the Jacks, including that Buchanan equaliser to draw 3-3
Buchanan again getting last minute winner against Wrexham in the FA Cup seconds after they had equalised.
Chopra last minute against the Jacks
Scott Young against Leeds in the FA Cup
Coming from 4-1 down with about 20 mins left to beat Plymouth 5-4 in a first leg League Cu match

Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:09 am

JJ1927 wrote:
Antccfc wrote:We did the same at Preston earlier in the season to thats was awesome to

Exactly.Thats twice in a season we have done it We usually throw games away rather than the other way around so its a nice change. Also got a last minute winner at Sunderland. Makes up for the early season disappointments at Leeds, Leicester and Ipswich.

Saturday only just edged it over the Preston game. The roar from the crowd was what made it for me.

2 other games I can think of that matches Saturday was Chopra late goal against the Jacks and Miller goal at West Ham.