Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Callum O’Dowda

Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:11 am

The Bluebirds showed great character to fight back after going behind, with Ryan Wintle equalising, prior to O'Dowda's match-winning goal, which sparked brilliant celebrations at Cardiff City Stadium.

“That was special, the best moment I have had in a Cardiff City shirt,” O’Dowda began. “The whole build up, the journey that I have had, coming back from injury and having a little set back, that was a really special moment.

“We are on a good wave at the moment and we need that to continue. I said at the start of the year that we have got a good squad. The foundations have already been set from the staff to the players and there is definitely a belief from everyone in the dressing room. We just need to be consistent and not take our foot off it.”

Callum O'Dowda celebrates scoring for Cardiff City
The visitors took the lead in the second half, but City were patient, persistent and were rewarded for doing so.

Callum continued: “Ipswich probably did have an off day. I think we didn't see the best of them. We can't get too carried away and think we are this or that, but the signs are good.

"I think we have a lot of players in good form. It is just about making sure that we are sustaining those standards, and everyone is contributing.”

Callum O'Dowda celebrates scoring for Cardiff City
Sky Sports' Player of the Match was fellow goalscorer Wintle, who had a stellar performance in midfield.

"He’s a real technician," Callum added. "There's a reason why I wouldn't question him getting the armband when Joe Ralls isn’t on the field.

"I think his composure, his eye on the ball and the way he manipulates it, it's definitely something special. He's a proper player in this team.

"We obviously have a lot of depth, but he brings something different with his quality, whether it's from a dead ball or a moving ball. He deserved it today because he was outstanding.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.