Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bulut in or out ? (2nd topic)

Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:51 am

So I put a topic on here about 3 weeks ago I was thinking that he shouldn't be offered a new contract but I think we've turned a corner still a little frustrated we don't attack teams but he deserves at least another season.what you think ? .

Re: Bulut in or out ? (2nd topic)

Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:03 am

Always been in the Bulut corner, needs to given a contact and back by the board and fans.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:13 am

Now that he’s realised attack is the best form of defence we are much better.

If yesterday were 3 months ago I’d have been in my car by the 90th minute as we were never scoring one let alone two. I stayed yesterday as I truly believed we could get back into the game. Brilliant

Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:20 am

I will say it as I have always said it.

Give Bulut a new one year contract, I am still 50/50 but Bulut is the best we will get under this Hierarchy and we just can’t keep changing managers.

I want him here next season, as they would not get better.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:32 am

In

Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:05 am

Have my doubts as his default position is don’t lose instead of let’s go to win. It works better away but not at home , where teams have come to our ground with little confidence and either had a drew or won. I would only go on a rolling 1 year contract, as I still feel next year we will have a poor period again which seems ages to get right.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:05 am

Modern football fans expect instant results and have little patience. I expect City to lose next week against the Jacks which goes against form but history shows doubles are very hard to do. The knives will be out for Bulut again if that happens but we have to let him build and stick with him. Look what Hull and Coventry are doing by keeping the same manager. Rome is not built in a day. Give Bulut a contract.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:13 am

I’m bemused by him I have to admit. Started great. Then for a couple of months played some of the most awful football I’ve seen here. And my son and I said we won’t renew our ST’s next year, just watch games as and when we want to. Then gets us playing in the way we started the season.
Wish I’d been well enough to be there yesterday. I’ve got to admit. When O’Dowda scored I came up off the sofa like a Liverpool fan from a wheelchair. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:17 am

I'm in the give him another year a full summer transfer window with no embargo and see what he can do camp

Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:19 am

in for me, its his first season in the championship didnt have the players he wanted, but we are finishing strong.

next season he will know the league much better, he will be more settled and hopefully fully backed, i do honestly think if hes backed and gets everyone in who he needs then we are top two next season.

to get this side which lets face has very little quality, as far up the table he has and with a chance of play offs is nothing short of a miracle :thumbright:

Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:27 am

For me sometimes his tactics baffle me, defensive set up,substitutions etc.
However under this regime we will not get anyone better,therefore we stick for next season
Will he turn us into a top 6 side I don't think so,will he keep us away from the bottom 6 probably so.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:28 am

It’s a no brainer for me with keeping Bulut. I’m pretty sure before there was a ball kicked the majority of us wanted a mid table finish this season. We are almost certainly going to be mid table and potentially top half. Considering where we’ve been the previous 2 seasons he has done an outstanding job. The football at times has been frustrating, but the constant injuries we keep getting has not helped that whether it be the odd games missed or longer (Rambo and O’Dowda). Also the lack of a good striker has massively hampered us, but the rest of the team looks well balanced and capable of making a good push towards the top 6 next season given a decent striker.

I’ll also add that his recruitment has been very good, especially in the summer window considering we were under an embargo. So with a full summer window to work with and to know exactly what his budget is I have full confidence in him.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:31 am

In, and since it was part of the original deal, you have to give the 2-year extension.

It’s all about stability, I’d be happy knowing we have a manager for the foreseeable future.

It’s his first season in the championship, first season in any English football league! It’s a different game from abroad and he will have learnt a lot from this season in comparison to the Turkish league.

Let’s get him the players that suit his system so it can operate properly, we can start building for a sustainable future and hopefully a promotion push within the next two seasons.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:17 pm

Even with what I’ve already said.
Let’s be real. If we beat the jacks next week and Bulut has done the double derby double he’ll have achieved something no other City manager has done and will have earned a contract of some sort.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:19 pm

FFS!!!

Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:31 pm

Definitely needs a second year minimum. To give us some stability. Needs to be back by the fans though the good and bad results even more so the bad I would say, which let’s be honest we don’t excel at lol. And of course the board need to do what they can to back him, but still keeping to the how well run the club seems to have been in recent times.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:45 pm

I’ve only ever been in,2 year contract at least :bluescarf:

Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:13 pm

Bulut in.

I said he should go in January because I didn’t think he’d turn it around but fair play, he has.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:29 pm

He’s doing well got through a rough patch turned it around showing signs of a good manager don’t forget he can only go with what he has most of players are not his signing either yes he’s but negative sometimes but. I think he’s realising now in championship best form of defence is attack sit back and u get beat simple as that

Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:46 pm

Wez you need to look at the managers and lengths under Tan, the only 2 managers that have had time and backing both attained PL football.

Answer me this, what is the point in swapping managers again in the summer?? Another season of rebuilding!! Give Bulut a contract, give him backing, get behind him, he’s started building something here, let him continue

Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:22 pm

snoopystorm wrote:Wez you need to look at the managers and lengths under Tan, the only 2 managers that have had time and backing both attained PL football.

Answer me this, what is the point in swapping managers again in the summer?? Another season of rebuilding!! Give Bulut a contract, give him backing, get behind him, he’s started building something here, let him continue

I havnt said to swap him read my post properly, I would give bulut at least another year . Hopefully he can address the stikers problem we have .

Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:30 pm

I've said since he joined us that we can't keep changing the man in charge & that he needs time although I was on the fence about another year I've climbed down & I'm now a yes to another year at least. We have to stick with someone & he's the best we're going to get so let's go with him & give him the time it takes to build something no matter the short term results.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:49 pm

I'm still 50/50 0n him. Let me give you my reasons:

1. Against: Although we have won our last 4 games before Ipswich we had played some of the weaker teams. Being more brutal yesterdays game against Ipswich should have been a draw but the gods were on our side. Overall our play has been average to below average.

2. For: We are in a lot better position than last season, that was not difficult to achieve, but he has done it with a squad below the quality he wanted or expected to have. Morally we should give him an extension providing we provide him with the quality he has asked for.

So summing up I'm 50/50 but would be happy to give him an extension if we give him what he wants.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:08 pm

I want him to stay and I would say a two year contract.

However after the false promises in January by the board to him and the fact he wasn’t happy about no contract talks for himself taking place what makes us think he will want to stay ??

Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:12 pm

He needs to be given a 12 mth contract

If we finish top 6 an extension is given

Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:55 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:He needs to be given a 12 mth contract

If we finish top 6 an extension is given

Agree .

Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:12 am

wez1927 wrote:So I put a topic on here about 3 weeks ago I was thinking that he shouldn't be offered a new contract but I think we've turned a corner still a little frustrated we don't attack teams but he deserves at least another season.what you think ? .

I think a fair few people on here shouldn't be so knee-jerk...

It does no one any good and if anything, it undermines club, management, players and supporters...

I thought Saturday's game versus Ipswich was our best of the season regardless of result and the atmosphere at the end was superb; so let's just enjoy the ride and get behind Erol and his Buluts for the rest of this season and just enjoy the ride...! :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:47 am

I felt that after our capitulation against Norwich his job was on a knife edge and believed he had to effect an immediate improvement or he would in all probability be gone. To be fair, what he's done since then has been quite outstanding and feel that regardless of how the remainder of the season pans out he's done enough to earn a contract extension (if he wants it).

Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:31 am

Give him a contract and backing as he will have had a season of championship football under his belt so should have a better knowledge of the absolute chaos of our league.

Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:52 am

Forever Blue wrote:I will say it as I have always said it.

Give Bulut a new one year contract, I am still 50/50 but Bulut is the best we will get under this Hierarchy and we just can’t keep changing managers.

I want him here next season, as they would not get better.

I'm with you Annis the last thing we want is another YTS Manager to undo Buluts good work, he had a tough job.