Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Updated: Question: How is the guy on Sloper Road?

Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:17 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Blue since 1981 wrote:I've seen some footage posted claiming to be of the incident, however it is not the footage of what happened on sloper road

I've also seen a few Twitter posts trying to justify what happened claiming my dad was gobbing off and the lads involved were just teenagers and whilst there was a few younger lads in the group the majority were mid twenties upwards

And if gobbing off is a 70 year old fan confronting a group of pissed up guys who were abusing men women and children then yes my old man was gobbing off

Obviously everything is on cctv so the police will come to there own conclusion once they've viewd all the evidence available

Gareth,

So Sorry to hear about your Father , I hope he is recovering well.

I absolutely detest cowardly attacks like this.

I will contact the Club to make you both guests this season.

That’s a great offer Annis.
So glad your dad is ok as it could have been much much worse if his head it the floor. As you say Annis, I detest cowardly attacks like this.

Cheers Annis thats a lovely offer mate, myself and my old man have been season ticket holders since I was 7 35 years ago

Everyone would know who my old man is, he's sat in ninian 115 in the same seat since the stadium was opened and always takes about 2 hours to get from the turnstiles to his seat as he talks to absolutely everyone

And although he talks a lot of shit and won't back down from anyone if he thinks he's in the right he's the furthest things away from a trouble maker you would find

The saddest part of all this is I got my 2 boys 11 and 13 there first season tickets this year and both witnessed what happened Saturday and now both say they don't want to go to another match

Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:10 pm

Replies:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:11 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Blue since 1981 wrote:I've seen some footage posted claiming to be of the incident, however it is not the footage of what happened on sloper road

I've also seen a few Twitter posts trying to justify what happened claiming my dad was gobbing off and the lads involved were just teenagers and whilst there was a few younger lads in the group the majority were mid twenties upwards

And if gobbing off is a 70 year old fan confronting a group of pissed up guys who were abusing men women and children then yes my old man was gobbing off

Obviously everything is on cctv so the police will come to there own conclusion once they've viewd all the evidence available

Gareth,

So glad your dad is ok as it could have been much much worse if his head it the floor. As you say Annis, I detest cowardly attacks like this.

Andrew, I detest Cowards and Bullies.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:13 pm

Blue since 1981 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Gareth,

Cheers Annis thats a lovely offer mate, myself and my old man have been season ticket holders since I was 7 35 years ago

Everyone would know who my old man is, he's sat in ninian 115 in the same seat since the stadium was opened and always takes about 2 hours to get from the turnstiles to his seat as he talks to absolutely everyone

And although he talks a lot of shit and won't back down from anyone if he thinks he's in the right he's the furthest things away from a trouble maker you would find

The saddest part of all this is I got my 2 boys 11 and 13 there first season tickets this year and both witnessed what happened Saturday and now both say they don't want to go to another match

Wow That is Sickening by the Cowardly attackers.

I will be back in a couple of weeks it would be a pleasure to meet you .

I hope you all come through this without terrible memories.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:29 pm

My immediate thoughts are to the victims here. This has made me sick and I pray they will catch the culprits and send them to prison.

I know a few Ipswich fans and I can imagine they would be very angry that some claiming to be one of them would do such a thing. I'm pretty sure if these culprits are exposed they will not be welcomed back to support their club.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:35 pm

Replies:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Blue since 1981 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Gareth,

Thank you annis we can definitely say hello next time your back in Wales

My old man's already been on the phone telling me to not sell his ticket for next week lol so he's gonna be OK

Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:36 pm

Replies:

Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:37 pm

Blue since 1981 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Blue since 1981 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Gareth,

My old man's already been on the phone telling me to not sell his ticket for next week lol so he's gonna be OK

That’s brilliant news Gareth.

Well done to him.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:52 pm

Terrible to take a loss out on an old man .Cowards is what they are .
Gareth i hope you and your dad are ok mate .Hopefully cctv catch the gimps

Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:01 pm

brickyblue wrote:Terrible to take a loss out on an old man .Cowards is what they are .
Gareth i hope you and your dad are ok mate .Hopefully cctv catch the gimps

Cheers mate the whole thing was on cctv so hopefully those involved can be identified

Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:43 am

Hope you as a family are all fine and your two boys know this isn't the norm, be a shame for them to stop going again.
Hopefully some proper tractor boys will hand the cowards in.

Re: Question: How is the guy on Sloper Road?

Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:18 am

Blue since 1981 wrote:The guy was my 70 year old father,

he was knocked unconscious by an Ipswich fan and hit his head on the pavement, he was kept in overnight due to a concussion but thankfully there was no serious damage and he was let out this morning

The group of about 40 ipswich fans on sloper road attacked a few cardiff fans and I ended up with a few stitches in my head from a few kicks whilst I was trying to stop them hitting my old man whilst he was out cold

Sadly the police were really slow to attend the scene was at least 10 minutes before they turned up,

Just glad nobody was seriously injured as it could of been a lot worse

I'm sorry to hear this, mate...! :cry:

The Ipswich children were kicking off amingst themselves before the game by Grangetown Station and were clearly 'looking for it' after their (superb) defeat...

W@#K#@$ the lot of them and I hooe the police feel their collars later...

Can you please pass on our best wishes to your dad and I hope he both recovers well and is soon back at the CCS...! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:59 am

JulesK wrote:Hope you as a family are all fine and your two boys know this isn't the norm, be a shame for them to stop going again.
Hopefully some proper tractor boys will hand the cowards in.

Cheers mate, it's the kids I'm most worried about, me and my old man been going home and away for years so we've seen it all before but the kids are traumatised

Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:01 am

Sven wrote:

he was knocked unconscious by an Ipswich fan and hit his head on the pavement, he was kept in overnight due to a concussion but thankfully there was no serious damage and he was let out this morning

The group of about 40 ipswich fans on sloper road attacked a few cardiff fans and I ended up with a few stitches in my head from a few kicks whilst I was trying to stop them hitting my old man whilst he was out cold

Sadly the police were really slow to attend the scene was at least 10 minutes before they turned up,

The Ipswich children were kicking off amingst themselves before the game by Grangetown Station and were clearly 'looking for it' after their (superb) defeat...

Can you please pass on our best wishes to your dad and I hope he both recovers well and is soon back at the CCS...! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Thanks sven my old man has read all the well wishes and is very thankfull for the kindness everyone has shown and will be back on the bus for the trip down west Saturday

Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:19 pm

Blue since 1981 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Thanks sven my old man has read all the well wishes and is very thankfull for the kindness everyone has shown and will be back on the bus for the trip down west Saturday

Great to hear...! :thumbup:

Bloobirds...! :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:31 pm

Hope you don't mind me jumping on here to say this, but it's absolutely disgusting that this should happen at any football match, and I hope the victim is OK (and I hope your kids do make the trip back to football soon - must've been scary to witness that)

We're not a club with much of a hooligan element generally, but there are a few ****head fans who can't handle their drink, unfortunately. Happens more on away games than home games - kids getting too excited about being out for the day.

I reckon I speak for all Ipswich fans when I wish your old man a quick recovery and I hope the CCTV footage identifies whoever did it. He won't be welcomed back at Portman Road in a hurry.

Good luck for the rest of the season

Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:09 pm

TractorBoy83 wrote:Hope you don't mind me jumping on here to say this, but it's absolutely disgusting that this should happen at any football match, and I hope the victim is OK (and I hope your kids do make the trip back to football soon - must've been scary to witness that)

We're not a club with much of a hooligan element generally, but there are a few ****head fans who can't handle their drink, unfortunately. Happens more on away games than home games - kids getting too excited about being out for the day.

I reckon I speak for all Ipswich fans when I wish your old man a quick recovery and I hope the CCTV footage identifies whoever did it. He won't be welcomed back at Portman Road in a hurry.

Thanks for your post.

We all know on here that those that did this will be disowned by Ipswich FC. These is CCTV footage of the incident so now its over to the authorities to expose these cowards.

Good luck for the rest of the season, you deserve to go up.

Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:50 pm

TractorBoy83 wrote:Hope you don't mind me jumping on here to say this, but it's absolutely disgusting that this should happen at any football match, and I hope the victim is OK (and I hope your kids do make the trip back to football soon - must've been scary to witness that)

Thank you for your post mate I really appreciate it, all clubs have a very small minority of clowns who follow there clubs

99.9% of Ipswich fans were good as gold we spoke to plenty and all were very friendly and well behaved

Even after what has happened I have no bad feelings towards Ipswich supporters and would love it if you guys beat Leeds to automatic promotion and will keep my fingers crossed for you

Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:03 pm

Im glad your dad is feeling better and hope that your boys are able to come along to another game with you both soon . Best wishes.

Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:09 pm

Aderynlas 3 wrote:Im glad your dad is feeling better and hope that your boys are able to come along to another game with you both soon . Best wishes.

Thank you mate

Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:49 pm

Cheers mate, we all got our clowns.

Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:18 pm

Blue since 1981 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Blue since 1981 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Gareth,

Hi Gareth,

The Club have told me that your Father has been contacted and that your all going to have an invite :bluebird: :bluebird:

And Wayne Nash is liaising with South Wales with the CCTV of the attack :thumbright:

Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Blue since 1981 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Blue since 1981 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Gareth,

Hi Gareth,

The Club have told me that your Father has been contacted and that your all going to have an invite :bluebird: :bluebird:

And Wayne Nash is liaising with South Wales with the CCTV of the attack :thumbright:

Yes thank you annis the club have been in touch and the cctv footage has been looked through and it was worse than I first thought and one individual is gonna be in a lot of trouble

Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:46 pm

Blue since 1981 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Blue since 1981 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Blue since 1981 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Gareth,

Hi Gareth,

Yes thank you annis the club have been in touch and the cctv footage has been looked through and it was worse than I first thought and one individual is gonna be in a lot of trouble

Good news Gareth,

I’m glad things are now going your Father’s way and your families.

Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:41 pm

Sorry to hear this mate, and best wishes to your dad and your boys.

Hopefully the law can catch up with those involved

Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:25 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Blue since 1981 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Blue since 1981 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Gareth,

Hi Gareth,

Great gesture Annis. Would be nice for the press to post this positive story, but it doesn’t suit their agenda.

Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:34 am

Underhill1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Blue since 1981 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Blue since 1981 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Gareth,

Hi Gareth,

Great gesture Annis. Would be nice for the press to post this positive story, but it doesn’t suit their agenda.

Thanks Simon, sadly your right.

The good news is the family are all well now.
The club have now reached out and are going to look after them all.

Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:37 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Blue since 1981 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Blue since 1981 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Gareth,

Hi Gareth,

Thanks Simon, sadly your right.

The good news is the family are all well now.
The club have now reached out and are going to look after them all.

So glad that the family are good and great that the dad can’t wait to go back down again.
I hope we’re kept informed on the progress of the investigation to catch the bully boy cowards.

Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:05 pm

Have the police been in touch with Ipswich about identifying the culprit as of yet?