Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ipswich Fans Today

Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:56 pm

For 3200 away fans I thought Ipswich were very quiet. Ok so they sang quite a bit but they weren’t very
Loud. It was it just my hearing?

Re: Ipswich Fans Today

Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:26 pm

What?

Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:48 pm

Ye they were quite quiet considering they sold out the away end.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:07 pm

I quite liked them, clapped for the Bluebirds that had sadly died, clapped Lauren Price. They then started singing “you’ve seen the Ipswich now Fck off home” which made the win even more sweet haha. Singing it back to them at 2-1 was excellent haha.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:37 pm

Port Talbot 10,48 wrote:For 3200 away fans I thought Ipswich were very quiet. Ok so they sang quite a bit but they weren’t very

I agree; they seemed shocked we were the better side for most of the game and absolutely shell-shocked we rightly won the game, albeit with two very late goals...! :notworthy:

Absolutely brilliant...! :clap: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:16 pm

On highlights show it showed their faces after we equalised they Looked stunned love to have seen faces 4 mins later! :lol:

Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:31 pm

pembroke allan wrote:On highlights show it showed their faces after we equalised they Looked stunned love to have seen faces 4 mins later! :lol:

It was the fact that they assumed they were going to win when they scored.

My natural feeling when we’re 1-0 up is that we’re going to throw it away. Even when we equalised, I was hoping we’d take it to the corner and get the draw…. How wrong I was :thumbright:

Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:45 pm

It’s poor stadium acoustics. God knows what the Announcer is babbling on about and the single canted roof disperses sound energy.
Poor design but is cheaper.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:53 am

I am an ipswich fan and have been coming on here for a while now as my parents are Welsh and my dad was a Cardiff fan as a kid. Anyway I always keep an eye on you and wish you well.

Fair play on the win. I thought you were a tough strong team, well organised with some Good players. We never really got going, as much to do with how Cardiff played than how we did. A draw probably fair but fair play on the win.

Four of us left ipswich at 5am, my 77 year old dad who is an ex Cardiff fan now ipswich was with us. I have to say last time I went to cardiff for footy was at Ninian park and It was heads down and keep quiet. It was great yesterday to be able to wear our colours and have a pint and a chat with the locals pre and post match with no hassle at all. That's what footy should be about if you behave and respect your surroundings.

Anyway, ramble over. Maybe see you in the plays offs

Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:10 am

Evansblue wrote:I am an ipswich fan and have been coming on here for a while now as my parents are Welsh and my dad was a Cardiff fan as a kid. Anyway I always keep an eye on you and wish you well.

Fair play on the win. I thought you were a tough strong team, well organised with some Good players. We never really got going, as much to do with how Cardiff played than how we did. A draw probably fair but fair play on the win.

Four of us left ipswich at 5am, my 77 year old dad who is an ex Cardiff fan now ipswich was with us. I have to say last time I went to cardiff for footy was at Ninian park and It was heads down and keep quiet. It was great yesterday to be able to wear our colours and have a pint and a chat with the locals pre and post match with no hassle at all. That's what footy should be about if you behave and respect your surroundings.

Anyway, ramble over. Maybe see you in the plays offs

Respect for travelling (especially your old man, fair play to him).

Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:26 am

09/03/2024 Cardiff City 2 Ipswich Town 1 Crowd 22,724 Away Support 3,213

Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:08 am

Port Talbot 10,48 wrote:For 3200 away fans I thought Ipswich were very quiet. Ok so they sang quite a bit but they weren’t very

Because they know what we are like and decided to show respect in our library.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:38 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:On highlights show it showed their faces after we equalised they Looked stunned love to have seen faces 4 mins later! :lol:

It was the fact that they assumed they were going to win when they scored.

My natural feeling when we’re 1-0 up is that we’re going to throw it away. Even when we equalised, I was hoping we’d take it to the corner and get the draw…. How wrong I was :thumbright:

Was saying to other half during 2nd half if you press them high they are vulnerable they've given away silly goals from goal kicks..... same thing happened at end couldn't take pressure they looked all over the place during game at times when went down wings.... by far best performance maybe for couple of seasons.... talking of fans watching Bristol/swans game certainly doesn't have appeal of city/ Bristol game half empty stadium.