Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING EROL BULUT: “ THURSDAY 7TH MARCH 2024 “

Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:34 am

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: “ EROL BULUT WILL UPDATE CARDIFF CITY FANS “ :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Under Erol Bulut, Cardiff City now have more points (50) than they picked up in the entirety of last season (49).

Mark McGuinness and Aaron Ramsey have both been ruled out until after the upcoming break in fixtures and now Bulut has confirmed forward duo Robinson and Etete will join them.

Jak Alnwick is fit and available to face Ipswich this weekend.

Thursday 7th March 2024

After a 4 match unbeaten run Buluts Bluebirds will face a high flying Ipswich Town at home this Saturday 12:30pm:

Erol Bulut:

"The last four games I've been happy. How we've been performing. The four games before, we needed to get the confidence back, to think positively. The team is doing well, so congrats to the players.”

"We have 10 games to play and hopefully we can show much more.

"But I don't think about play-offs right now. We take every game by game and at the end we see what we are going to get.

"There is 30 points (to play for) and we are trying to get the maximum."

Erol Bulut:

“ You can see the difference now our confidence is back, I am happy.”
“Ipswich will be tough, we need the fans right behind us.”

“ READ ALL EROL BULUT’S UPDATES BELOW “
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: EROL BULUT:

Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:35 am

Erol Bulit:

Erol Bulut thinks Jak Alnwick will be back available for the game against Ipswich on Saturday, however both Callum Robinson and Kion Etete won't be ready until after this month's international break.

“Jak is fit now and ready to return.”

“Robo and Kion need longer.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:36 am

Erol Bulit:

Speaking about Robinson, who looked a little rusty while playing 45 minutes for the under-21s this week, Bulut said: "Maybe not for Saturday. I think he will be ready after the international break. That's why we let him play (for the U21s) to get fit."

Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:37 am

CCFC REMAINING FIXTURES:

Live on Sky 09/03/2024 12:30pm Ipswich Town (h)

Live on Sky tv: 16/03/2024 12:30pm Swansea City (a)

29/03/2024 15:00 Sunderland (h)

01/04/2024 15:00 Coventry City (a)
06/04/2024 15:00 Hull City (h)
10/04/2024 19:45 Birmingham City (a)
13/04/2024 15:00 Millwall (a)
20/04/2024 15:00 Southampton (h)
27/04/2024 15:00 Middlesbrough (h)

04/05/2024 15:00 Rotherham United (a)

Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:39 am

Erol Bulut:

Speaking about Robinson, who looked a little rusty while playing 45 minutes for the under-21s this week, Bulut said: "Maybe not for Saturday. I think he will be ready after the international break. That's why we let him play (for the U21s) to get fit."

Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:39 am

Erol Bulit:

"For the last four games I am happy. We needed to get our confidence back.

"We scored a nice goal, this time not from a set-piece. If you win goals you always feel much, much better.

"We've now got to be positive and aim for the full 30 points in the last 10 games. You always feel better after a win and you try harder.

"The goal was a goal playing out from the back. We held back Famara Diedhiou, he was angry he didn't play against his ex-team (Bristol City) but it was a good decision I think."

Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:44 am

Erol Bulut:

Quizzed on whether either of Alnwick or Etete would be available, the manager added: "Jak, yes. Etete, I think also after the international break."

Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:44 am

Erol Bulut:

Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:48 am

Erol Bulut said Cardiff City's match-winner Famara Diedhiou was "angry" and fired up after he was left out of the starting line-up against his former side Bristol City - and responded with his first goal for the club in the win over Huddersfield Town.

Diedhiou scored the only goal of the night against the Terriers, but what a beauty it was.

Erol Bulut:

"He was angry he didn't play, but I can understand, everyone wants play against their ex-team. But we kept it for today and he gave it back with a goal.“

"He played four years in the Championship and scored more than 50 goals. He has experience. Maybe the last one and a half years was not what he was expecting. It was a good start and I hope the rest of the games he continues like that."

Bulut's side have picked up 10 points from a possible 13 in the last four games and are looking upwards again, although he insists there is still no talk of play-offs, with the Bluebirds sitting seven points off the top six.

Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:59 am

Erol Bulut:

"We have 10 games to play and hopefully we can show much more.

"But I don't think about play-offs right now. We take every game by game and at the end we see what we are going to get.

"There is 30 points (to play for) and we are trying to get the maximum.”

Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:30 am

Speaking about the touchline spat,

Erol Bulut said:

"[Galinovic] went to the opponent's side, that's why he got a red card. The opponents' assistant was pushing for this. And I know Mario... if I didn't hold him, it could continue!”

If I was Huddersfield’s assistant, run… “

Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:34 am

Under Erol Bulut, Cardiff City now have more points (50) than they picked up in the entirety of last season (49).

Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:01 pm

Mark McGuinness and Aaron Ramsey have both been ruled out until after the upcoming break in fixtures and now Bulut has confirmed forward duo Robinson and Etete will join them.

Re: BREAKING EROL BULUT: “ THURSDAY 7TH MARCH 2024 “

Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:06 am

Ipswich Town FC:

It’s been an impressive season for Ipswich Town so far, who currently sit second in the Sky Bet Championship table.

The side have kept up the pace with league leaders Leicester City for much of their first campaign back in the second tier.

McKenna’s men arrive in the Welsh capital in form, having picked up 18 points from their last six fixtures, seeing them place top of the form table.

Last time out, the Tractor Boys hosted Bristol City and claimed a dramatic 3-2 win, with Leif Davis (pictured) netting an 89th minute winner.

In terms of their away form, they have recorded 35 points on their travels this season, a record that ranks second in the division.

Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:12 am

Ipswich Town’s manager is Kieran McKenna, who has been in the role since December 16th, 2021.

McKenna started out as a youth coach at Tottenham Hotspur, Leicester City and Nottingham Forest, whilst also spending two months as a guest coach at Vancouver Whitecaps in Canada.

The Tractor Boys boss was then named Head of Academy Performance Analysis at Spurs, going on to coach a range of age grade teams at the club, including the U18 side.

Guiding the young Spurs to the Semi-Final of the FA Youth Cup during his spell in charge, McKenna left for the same role at Manchester United.

After leading the Red Devils’ U18 side to the Premier League Northern Division title, McKenna held a role in the First Team coaching staff as José Mourinho’s assistant manager, also working in the role under Ole Gunnar Solskjær and Ralf Rangnick.

Moving to Ipswich Town as manager in 2021, McKenna has since had success with the Tractor Boys, leading the club to promotion to the Championship at the end of last season.

Since his appointment, McKenna has a win percentage of 57.9%, having won 70 of his 121 games in charge.

Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:48 am

Erol Bulut:

“ You can see the difference now our confidence is back, I am happy.”
“Ipswich will be tough, we need the fans right behind us.”

Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:26 am

Cardiff City manager Erol Bulut has joked that he will be "friends again" with Kieffer Moore after the game against Ipswich Town this weekend, following the club's two failed attempts to sign him.

The Bluebirds wanted to bring Moore, who scored 20 league goals in his last full season in south Wales, back to Cardiff in the summer. After being left disappointed, Cardiff again made the Wales striker their top target in the winter transfer window.

There are quite a few reasons why Moore never signed for Cardiff, even though Bulut was told the deal was done ages ago.
Ipswich offered more money to Bournemouth, £500,000 loan fee and it was out of Bulut and Moores hands.

And speaking about his failed attempts to sign the forward, Bulut said: "Now we are his opponents!

“He is a good quality striker and what we need for now and next season.”
“Every club would like a Kieffer Moore in the Championship.”

"We were planning with him at the start of the season and also in January. A decision was made to move to Ipswich, we have to respect this. But on Saturday, we are opponents. After the game, when we win the game, we can be friends again.”

Cardiff tabled what they thought was a reasonable offer, however Ipswich are understood to have been willing to fork out more on wages, which likely sweetened the deal for Bournemouth.

Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:49 pm

Kion Etete and Callum Robinson have both been ruled out until after the upcoming international break

Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:41 am

Erol Bulut: “Ipswich they have a good team. I think they have played together for two years with the coach.

“They made really good work this season. Every player that they took settled in and helped them a lot. This is also important.

"That was one of the games where we could have taken at least one point. Ipswich are a team who have got a lot of wins in the last 15 minutes, scoring also against Bristol City. They started a little bit quiet. After 2-1, they start to wake up. The last 15-20 minutes, they changed the game again. We have to be careful with this.”

“We know what is expected of us. With one day less of recovery, we will be against them on Saturday. We have to recover quickly and prepare for the game on Saturday. It will be a tough game, of course. I hope we can get what we are expecting.”