Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW / OPINION: THE MAGIC 50 PTS TONIGHT WERE REACHED B

Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:30 pm

MY VIEW / OPINION: THE MAGIC 50 PTS TONIGHT WERE REACHED

BY A WELL ORGANISED CITY TEAM WHO LOOKED SOLID FOR LONG PERIODS & DESERVED THE 3PTS

That’s unbeaten in 4 games now, with 3 Wins.

Grant was my man of the match he was everywhere.

I actually enjoyed this game as the football has improved.

Bulut has now earned the right to another year contract.

FIRST-HALF: After 25mins it was virtually equal, with Huddersfield looking threatening at times.

31st min: Goal! Diedhiou!!
Wintle with a big crossfielder to Bowler, who takes the most sublime first touch on the half volley to knock it past Spencer. He hits a first-time cross and Diedhiou does really well to get in front of his marker before slotting into the bottom corner under pressure 1-0

City controlled the rest of the half.

SECOND-HALF: City had the fans under control.

69th min:Cardiff goalkeeper coach Mario Galinovic has been red carded. He appealed vociferously at a decision not to send off Jaheim Headley.

70th min: Meite on for Diedhiou.
Rubin Colwill on for Turnbull.

77th min: Tanner on for Bowler
Siopis on for Ralls

84th min: O’Dowda on for Grant.

A deserved win by City.

CARDIFF CITY 1 HUDDERSFIELD TOWN 0
H-T 1-0
Crowd 17,243
Away Support 320

Cardiff City: Horvath; Ng, Goutas, Phillips, Wilson-Esbrand; Wintle, Ralls; Bowler, Turnbull, Grant; Diedhiou.

Subs: Turner, Romeo, O'Dowda, Collins, Meite, Siopis, Colwill, Tanner, Ashford.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW / OPINION: THE MAGIC 50 PTS TONIGHT WERE REACHED

Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:38 pm

Tanner get injured? Either that or just didn’t seem too interested like he normally does, didn’t do much wrong but chose to give the ball to someone else rather than do much with it.

Always impressed when I watch Sorba Thomas play though, always picks the right crosses and was by far their best player. I’d agree for Cardiff Grant was MoM

Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:MY VIEW / OPINION: THE MAGIC 50 PTS TONIGHT WERE REACHED

BY A WELL ORGANISED CITY TEAM WHO LOOKED SOLID FOR LONG PERIODS & DESERVED THE 3PTS

FIRST-HALF: After 25mins it was virtually equal, with Huddersfield looking threatening at times.

Wintle with a big crossfielder to Bowler, who takes the most sublime first touch on the half volley to knock it past Spencer. He hits a first-time cross and Diedhiou does really well to get in front of his marker before slotting into the bottom corner under pressure 1-0

69th min:Cardiff goalkeeper coach Mario Galinovic has been red carded. He appealed vociferously at a decision not to send off Jaheim Headley.

Siopis on for Ralls

A deserved win by City.

H-T 1-0
Crowd
Away Support

Cardiff City: Horvath; Ng, Goutas, Phillips, Wilson-Esbrand; Wintle, Ralls; Bowler, Turnbull, Grant; Diedhiou.

It doesn't do my nerves any good when you post this & then there's 6 minutes to go. :?

Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:45 pm

Not necessarily the prettiest, but it’s a results business and another 3 points is all that matters… The energy Sio bought to that last 15/20 minutes was unreal!

Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:48 pm

Three wins in a row, can’t complain with that.

Agree, Grant never stopped running yet again.

Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:01 pm

Updated:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:02 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:MY VIEW / OPINION: THE MAGIC 50 PTS TONIGHT WERE REACHED

Siopis on for Ralls

A deserved win by City.

H-T 1-0
Crowd
Away Support

It doesn't do my nerves any good when you post this & then there's 6 minutes to go. :?

Sorry / long story :lol:

Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:08 pm

Looked comfortable but unspectacular again. The 50 points mark is reached although I don't think that will actually be enough this year. There is one hell of a battle for avoiding relegation this year and unusually a team with 50 points may go down. It won't be City though and I think we'll probably finish with around 60 to 65 points. Bulut needs a new contract now and the opportunity to build this summer. Get it done soon City.

Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:22 pm

Great win but there's so much more to come from us , Personally I thought Rubin when he came on was different class , comfortable on the ball and protects the ball and very rarely gives the ball away, also refrei to see whenever he gets the ball he looks to go forward and drive at defenders . I truly believe if we don't progress over the next couple of years he will be snatched up because of his quality.

Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:30 pm

Updated:

Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:37 pm

Tuggi wrote:Tanner get injured? Either that or just didn’t seem too interested like he normally does, didn’t do much wrong but chose to give the ball to someone else rather than do much with it.

Always impressed when I watch Sorba Thomas play though, always picks the right crosses and was by far their best player. I’d agree for Cardiff Grant was MoM

Tanner just does not seem with it???

Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:38 pm

jonohowells wrote:Great win but there's so much more to come from us , Personally I thought Rubin when he came on was different class , comfortable on the ball and protects the ball and very rarely gives the ball away, also refrei to see whenever he gets the ball he looks to go forward and drive at defenders . I truly believe if we don't progress over the next couple of years he will be snatched up because of his quality.

Yes def much more to come from them, a couple more quality players and we would be a play-off team.

Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:46 pm

Remaining CCFC Games:

Live on Sky 09/03/2024 12:30pm Ipswich Town (h)

Live on Sky tv: 16/03/2024 12:30pm Swansea City (a)

29/03/2024 15:00 Sunderland (h)

01/04/2024 15:00 Coventry City (a)
06/04/2024 15:00 Hull City (h)
10/04/2024 19:45 Birmingham City (a)
13/04/2024 15:00 Millwall (a)
20/04/2024 15:00 Southampton (h)
27/04/2024 15:00 Middlesbrough (h)

04/05/2024 15:00 Rotherham United (a)

Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:39 am

Can’t argue with our results lately tbh

Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:46 pm

Crowd 17,243
Away Support 320

Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:46 pm

TaxiBlue wrote:Can’t argue with our results lately tbh

Agreed :bluebird: