Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Crazy to think

Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:03 pm

If we win our next few games we are in for a playoff push again, I'm not saying that will or won't happen

It just goes to show how open this league can be with a little win streak going.

I really hope we can beat huddersfield, we need to get more home wins on the board, our home form has cost us any real league standing so far this season

Re: Crazy to think

Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:04 pm

Crazy indeed...! :shock:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We are 'work in progress' at best, 'inconsistent' in reality, and a couple of performing strikers away from a genuine top 6 attempt... :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:20 pm

kyle08 wrote:If we win our next few games we are in for a playoff push again, I'm not saying that will or won't happen

It just goes to show how open this league can be with a little win streak going.

I really hope we can beat huddersfield, we need to get more home wins on the board, our home form has cost us any real league standing so far this season

I was saying the same thing after game lol, this league is great,
Didn’t think we wud get anything from Bristol but a couple more home wins now with the confidence growing , would be awsome going to the jacks
Maybe this team can get better every game with these new players looking more comfortable each game
:bluebird:

Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:46 pm

kyle08 wrote:If we win our next few games we are in for a playoff push again, I'm not saying that will or won't happen

At the same time - Some on here will say the manager must stay or go ..... :shock:

Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:04 am

At the same time - Some on here will say the manager must stay or go ..... :shock:[/quote]

I've said previously that he has from now until the end of the season to make a case for having his contract extended. Fair play to him for stopping the rot but he now has to continue making progress.

I'm not convinced with his tactics and feel that fans will show their displeasure soon unless the manager improves upon the dire style of football we have played since October.

Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:16 am

We are not ready for the top six.

Of course it would be great if we got there, but what would happen if we did?

We’d likely play one of Leicester, Leeds, Ipswich or Southampton and get absolutely battered.

We made the play-offs in 2012 but it proved we weren’t ready when we came up against West Ham. We did go on to win the league the next season though.

If you look at how Burnley walked this league last season and how they’re doing in the PL. That shows we are nowhere near ready to compete at that level.

I also don’t think we’ll be in the top six. There are better teams than us in the mix.

We should win on Wednesday but the game against Ipswich will be very difficult. They’re on a good run again now.

Remember we are as close to the bottom three as we are to the top six. Not many really think we’ll get relegated and not many think we’ll be in the top six.

I have always said that if we finished in the top half with this team then it would have been a very good season and a huge improvement on where we were last season.

If we can achieve that, I’ll be pleased. Although I do still have some issues with our tactics.

Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:43 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:We are not ready for the top six.

We’d likely play one of Leicester, Leeds, Ipswich or Southampton and get absolutely battered.

We made the play-offs in 2012 but it proved we weren’t ready when we came up against West Ham. We did go on to win the league the next season though.

If you look at how Burnley walked this league last season and how they’re doing in the PL. That shows we are nowhere near ready to compete at that level.

I also don’t think we’ll be in the top six. There are better teams than us in the mix.

We should win on Wednesday but the game against Ipswich will be very difficult. They’re on a good run again now.

Remember we are as close to the bottom three as we are to the top six. Not many really think we’ll get relegated and not many think we’ll be in the top six.

I have always said that if we finished in the top half with this team then it would have been a very good season and a huge improvement on where we were last season.

If we can achieve that, I’ll be pleased. Although I do still have some issues with our tactics.

Well said, Ned... :clap:

Two losses and the 'sack the lot' brigafe would be back as swiftly as they disappeared... ;) :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:46 am

9 points off the play offs or to look at it another way 9 points off the relegation places :shock:

Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:35 am

MoodyBluebird wrote:At the same time - Some on here will say the manager must stay or go ..... :shock:

I've said previously that he has from now until the end of the season to make a case for having his contract extended. Fair play to him for stopping the rot but he now has to continue making progress.

I'm not convinced with his tactics and feel that fans will show their displeasure soon unless the manager improves upon the dire style of football we have played since October.[/quote]

Under the circumstances I think he's done OK.I'd like to give him a summer window under no embargo and see how he does then.

Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:48 am

Sven wrote:

Two losses and the 'sack the lot' brigafe would be back as swiftly as they disappeared... ;) :ayatollah:

As long as that Chris? Their unique wisdom will have them throwing their toys out on Wednesday night should we lose.

Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:23 pm

eddie j wrote:
Sven wrote:

As long as that Chris? Their unique wisdom will have them throwing their toys out on Wednesday night should we lose.

Don't we know it; knee-jerk reaction 'r' us...! :ayatollah: