Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Lawrence Shankland - £1.8m on transfermkt

Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:28 pm

Just watching him on sky against Celtic.

Now he looks the sort of player we could do with. Knows where the net is, scored over 20 this season, and holds ball up as well

Priced on transfermkt at £1.8m. Could be worth a cheeky £2-3m bid

Re: Lawrence Shankland - £1.8m on transfermkt

Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:17 pm

Most definitely

Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:19 pm

I agree with that. We need someone with some pedigree and a good track record - also a striker who doesn't 'shank' the ball! ;-)

Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:05 pm

I think he’ll be wanted by a few in the summer, having a brilliant season.

At the age of 28, he’s a good age to continue doing well.

I would say a few Championship clubs and maybe the two big clubs in Scotland will be looking at him.

For that reason, I think it would be difficult for us. I also think he’ll go for more than £1.8m.

Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:26 pm

I agree. He's going to be wanted.

That said, if we could raid Scotland, I would get Shanklin Kemar Rouff from Rangers who seems out of favor at the moment

Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:40 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:I agree. He's going to be wanted.

That said, if we could raid Scotland, I would get Shanklin Kemar Rouff from Rangers who seems out of favor at the moment

Roofe is quality but made of biscuits, he’d spend more time on the treatment table than Ramsey. Shankland is a massive Rangers Fan but don’t know if Rangers Manager fancies him. The Aberdeen striker Bojan Miovski would be decent shout.

Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:59 pm

We won’t be spending £1.8 million in the summer!!!

Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:13 am

I very much doubt we will be spending an extra penny on transfers this summer, more likely self funding transfers.

Don’t forget, we have VT, and the transfer comities version of the FFP rules to adhere to.

Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:51 pm

Looks a cracking striker for championship level. Shame we wont have this sort of money.... Waste so much in likes of 6m madine

Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:20 pm

boyo1927 wrote:Looks a cracking striker for championship level. Shame we wont have this sort of money.... Waste so much in likes of 6m madine

I dare so we could probably put him on a decent salary as well. Football Manager 2024, which I accept is not the leading authority, had him on a salary of £3000 per week!

Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:29 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:We won’t be spending £1.8 million in the summer!!!

Why not? :?

We speant £2m+ on one player in January; with the promise of more to come in the summer...! ;)

Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:31 pm

Sven wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:We won’t be spending £1.8 million in the summer!!!

Why not? :?

We speant £2m+ on one player in January; with the promise of more to come in the summer...! ;)

But that doesn't meet the narrative of the usual suspects.

Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:52 pm

To cheap can only buy a donkey for that price... :clap: