Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING EROL BULUT: “ THURSDAY 29TH FEBRUARY 2024 “

Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:58 am

:bluebird: “ EROL BULUT UPDATES CARDIFF CITY FANS TODAY “ :bluebird: :bluebird:

Cardiff have sold their allocation of just under 2,200 tickets for Bristol City away.

Thursday 29th February 2024

“ EROL BULUT EXPECTS MUCH MORE “

Bulut demands 'much more' from Diedhiou

Erol Bulut says he expects "much more" from Cardiff City striker Famara Diedhiou as the forward prepares to return to Ashton Gate, where he made his name in English football.”

He has no goals or assists in six games for the Bluebirds and in his last two clubs no goals.

"We spoke to him before he came here to say he should show himself again, that he is not finished. This is what we are expecting from Famara.”

TEAM NEWS:

Meite fit.

Late Fitness Test: Karlan Grant is a doubt for Saturdays game after picking up a strain in his muscle last week.

Grant will have a late fitness test.

McGuinness still with physio.

O’Dowda will be in the squad v Bristol City.

Alnwick is ok again

Callum Robinson 10 more days.

Ramsey hopefully April fully back playing.

Erol Bulut:

"In training, when we have the small-sided games or general things like finishing, the players look like their confidence has come back."

“I can see now the players are full of confidence again.”

"In training, when we have the small-sided games or general things like finishing, the players look like their confidence has come back."

Erol Bulut:

Erol Bulut has said that Callum O’Dowda will be in the squad to play Bristol City.

Karlan Grant will have a late fitness test, but looks unlikely to be in the squad. Bulut said “you never know with Grant because he can recover quickly”.

Callum Robinson and Jak Alnwick could be back for the Ipswich game next weekend.

Mark McGuinness will be available again after the international break.

Erol Bulut says he had to pull Ollie Tanner from the dressing room after he scored v Swansea as his attitude had changed.

"I have spoken with him many times. The last two weeks he is doing better in the training sessions. If he continues to train like that, mentally and physically, he will be with us," Bulut said of Tanner.

“ READ ALL EROL BULUTS UPDATES BELOW “

Erol Bulut:

“Both Etete and Grant had cramps," he explained. "If you get cramps it can get a bit strange. That's why it changed v Stoke City. We were not planning on these changes. But we don't want injuries. We've had enough injuries this season so I don't want to see anything like this again."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: EROL BULUT:

Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:59 am

Erol Bulut:

Erol Bulut says Ollie Tanner needed taking out of the Cardiff City squad because he wanted to ensure the dressing room was populated with the right characters.

Tanner was an unexpected star in the early portion of the season. Many expected him to be sent out on loan but after enjoying a stellar pre-season, manager Bulut wanted to include him in his squad for the Championship season.

Since then, the winger's form has gradually declined and he has found himself on the periphery. Indeed, last week he was omitted from the squad and he played for the under-21s this week.

And Bulut said he needed to hold talks with the 21-year-old over his demeanour during training and within the dressing room, but admitted the player is making strides and could be back in contention soon.

EROL BULUT:

"I have spoken with him many times. The last two weeks he is doing better in the training sessions. If he continues to train like that, mentally and physically, he will be with us," Bulut said of Tanner.

"I will remind you of one Premier League coach, Ange Postecoglou, saying about having the wrong person in the dressing room can destroy a lot of things. This, we don't want. This, we try and manage here in our team. We want the correct characters and players in the dressing room. Everyone must help each other.

"Young players can have one or two great games and afterwards, they are flying a little bit. So, to bring them back, it takes time. Ollie had a bit of something like that, I spoke with him many times and the last two weeks he is doing well. Whether it's Ollie Tanner, someone else, it doesn't matter, I want the best performance and they have to give the best performance.

"If the body language in the training or dressing room is wrong then we have to separate him."

Tanner's stock rose incredibly sharply after his derby heroics. Going from non-league to the talk of Cardiff in a matter of months, particularly at such a young age, must be a unique experience.

And Bulut recognises this, insisting the player gets the help required in order to reincorporate him into the squad for the final few games of the campaign.

"He is 20 years old," he added. "He has just scored a goal against Swansea, everyone looks at him differently on the streets than they did before, when maybe nobody recognised him. Now, they know it's Ollie Tanner! He is the hero!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:59 am

Erol Bulut:

“Winning at home brings a lot of positivity back, which we need for Saturday."

Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:00 am

20/02/2024 Cardiff City 0 Blackburn 0 Crowd 17,131 Away Support 369

24/02/2024 Cardiff City 2 Stoke City 1 Crowd 18,976 Away Support 1,320

02/03/2024 12:30pm Bristol City v Cardiff City Crowd Away Support

06/03/2024 19:45 Cardiff City v Huddersfield Town Crowd Away Support

Live on Sky 09/03/2024 12:30pm Ipswich Town (h)

Live on Sky tv: 16/03/2024 12:30pm Swansea City (a)

29/03/2024 15:00 Sunderland (h)

01/04/2024 15:00 Coventry City (a)
06/04/2024 15:00 Hull City (h)
10/04/2024 19:45 Birmingham City (a)
13/04/2024 15:00 Millwall (a)
20/04/2024 15:00 Southampton (h)
27/04/2024 15:00 Middlesbrough (h)

04/05/2024 15:00 Rotherham United (a)

Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:02 am

Erol Bulut:

"Of course, when you win and get three points, the morale and everything is much better and much easier for the manager, for the players and for the Club," Erol began. "I said after draw against Blackburn Rovers that this game was important for us to get the confidence back.

"Then, we won 2-1 and this brought the confidence higher. Now, the team has got a little bit more confidence because of both games, but now we have to continue. Against Bristol City, we have to be sharp and fully concentrated. “

Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:03 am

Erol Bulut:

"In the last game, I was happy that our offensive part scored the goals, not only our defenders from set-pieces, that makes me happy. We have to continue with that.

"In training, when we have the small-sided games or general things like finishing, the players look like their confidence has come back. For the fans and in front of the fans, to win at home brings a lot of positivity back, which we need for Saturday."

Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:04 am

Erol Bulut:

"I played in many [derbies], I managed many, I had two here, the first part, the Bristol City game and also Swansea, it went really good for us. I hope that on Saturday we can repeat the same.

"We have 12 games to play and we don't relax. We will try to take maximum points that we can from the 36 points that are available. Saturday is the first leg."

Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:05 am

Cardiff City Striker Cian Ashford ( 20 yrs old soon) and Joel Colwill ( 20 yrs old in October) have been told to be patient by Erol Bulut

Erol Bulut: “Both Cian and Joel are in my plans and in the coming weeks will get their chance.”

Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:05 am

Erol Bulut:

"Callum O'Dowda will be back, we are happy. It is like a new transfer, we can say. He trained well in the last few days and weeks. He was pushing really hard. We didn't want to push him too quickly. Maybe last time, we brought him back too quick, but now, he is in a good way and we can use him on Saturday. He's one of the high-quality players we have at Cardiff City.”

Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:06 am

Erol Bulut:

"Callum Robinson is training with us, he is also in a good way. We are pushing him to be in fully ready to play in ten days.

Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:06 am

Erol Bulut:

"Right now, Mark McGuinness is training with our performance coaches. I think he will need a bit of time. Maybe after the international break, he will be with us."

Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:11 am

Cardiff's Erol Bulut:

"When we had the last win at home, it was a long time ago. The confidence was not the best in the team because we lost games.

"I said after the last game (against Blackburn), 'this is a game where we have to get our confidence back'. We got one point and this game was to continue to build on our confidence.

"It was a must today to get three points. I'm really satisfied with the performance of the team.

"Of course, you can add in parts of the game, better football, but in the situation we're in right now, the first half was really good. We scored two goals, we got an early goal from a free-kick.

"We fought until the end to not concede a second goal."

Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:16 am

Erol Bulut:

Bulut demands 'much more' from Diedhiou

Erol Bulut says he expects "much more" from Cardiff City striker Famara Diedhiou as the forward prepares to return to Ashton Gate, where he made his name in English football.”

He has no goals or assists in six games for the Bluebirds and in his last two clubs no goals.

"We spoke to him before he came here to say he should show himself again, that he is not finished. This is what we are expecting from Famara.”

Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:16 am

Erol Bulut:

“Since we got the 3pts everything is much easier for the players and of course the manager.”

Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:17 am

Erol Bulut:

“When we drew with Blackburn confidence went higher then when we win 2-1 the confidence has gone much higher.”

Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:18 am

Erol Bulut:

Erol Bulut has said that Callum O’Dowda will be in the squad to play Bristol City.

Karlan Grant will have a late fitness test, but looks unlikely to be in the squad. Bulut said “you never know with Grant because he can recover quickly”.

Callum Robinson and Jak Alnwick could be back for the Ipswich game next weekend.

Mark McGuinness will be available again after the international break.

Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:21 am

Erol Bulut:

"I have said my opinion about giving Joe a new contract ," Bulut said earlier this month when asked about Ralls' contract situation. "The board is handling it until now. I don't know in which direction they manage it. I am of the same opinion, that we have to renew the contract.”

Despite Ralls actually only playing four full 90mins this season, Ralls does start many games and is a big influence on the pitch.
But Ralls does get a lot of niggling injuries, when he pkwys you can see the difference in the City side.

"In my opinion, he is an important captain of this team. Thirteen years he has been here.”

“So, we cannot say, 'Ah, at the end of the season, you go.' This is my opinion. What other people think, I don't know. This is my opinion about the captain and Joe Ralls, we have to renew his contract."

So many players have seen their contracts renewed this season, which has been something of a departure from how the club have handled that sort of business in recent times. It's been a real positive – but now Ralls must be next.

Re: BREAKING EROL BULUT: “ THURSDAY 29TH FEBRUARY 2024 “

Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:24 pm

Erol Bulut:

Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:40 pm

Erol Bulut:

“Bristol means derby and we have to be fully concentrated.”

Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:51 pm

Meite fit.

McGuinness still with physio.

O’Dowda will be in the squad v Bristol City.

Alnwick is ok again

Callum Robinson 10 more days.

Ramsey hopefully April fully back playing.

Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:05 pm

Jack Simpson has signed for League One club Leyton Orient six months after his contract was terminated for a shocking racist slur aimed at a Bluebirds team-mate.

Simpson was released at the end of August before the appalling details of an incident between him and Rohan Luthra during the club's pre-season trip to Portugal were revealed at an FA hearing.

Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:08 pm

Late Fitness Test:

Karlan Grant is a doubt for Saturdays game after picking up a strain in his muscle last week.

Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:24 pm

Erol Bulut on O’Dowda:

‘We’re happy. It’s like a new transfer. He trained well in the last few days and weeks, pushing really hard. We didn't want to push him too quickly. Maybe last time, we brought him back too quick, but now, he’s in a good way and we can use him on Saturday.’

Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:13 am

Forever Blue wrote:Late Fitness Test:

Karlan Grant is a doubt for Saturdays game after picking up a strain in his muscle last week.

Let's hope he is fit for Saturday - Good News on O Dowda :thumbup:

Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:18 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Late Fitness Test:

Let's hope he is fit for Saturday - Good News on O Dowda :thumbup:

Be nice if O'Dowda could get some time on the wing, especially with Grant starting to feel the strain of playing every game.