Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Erol Bulut: “We have to work / We are improving”

Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:25 pm

Erol Bulut:

"I think with the system we have , we cannot talk about it," he said when asked whether the system needs changing. "Because before it was the same system we were playing (when we were scoring.”

“ It's about concentration, in my opinion, and the last decision in front of goal. These decisions are important in front of the goal, to have confidence to finalise or give the right pass. We have a problem with this."

It felt like a real missed opportunity for Cardiff last night, given Blackburn Rovers had not kept a clean sheet in their previous 17 matches and have the second-worst defence in the league. But Bulut insists it was heartening to see his side making progress, even if it was marginal.

"Defensively we were good. The team was really working hard. In front of the goal is the issue.

"We create a lot but don't put the ball in the net and this continues. We have to work, work, work, every training session to make shots from different angles. We cannot give up. We have to believe it and the players have to believe it.

"It's not easy, even when the opponent has the ball. When we were pressing, we pressed really well today, we had good sessions in the game, there is always a danger that a player can run in behind the defence and you lose. But we didn't allow much of that.”

“I feel we are progressing and improving.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.