Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fans not valued?

Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:10 pm

When was the last time us fans were treated and looked after by our club?

I can remember the 2nd stint in the prem around Xmas time the club covered travel for 2 away games. Other than that I am struggling to remember.

Hull regularly look after their fans with little gestures even going as far as any fans who went to their last away game 2022/2023 season were sent on a week's holiday to Turkey all paid for !!!
Stoke still cover the cost of away fans travel.

Even as home fans for regular attendees or the fans who never miss a home or away game there are just no rewards.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Fans not valued?

Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:22 pm

As Mr tan once said we are "customers" he don't care about us not even in the slightest

Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:34 pm

kyle08 wrote:As Mr tan once said we are "customers" he don't care about us not even in the slightest

And Sam apart, when were we really treated differently...? :?

Even Tan has made the odd gesture, if you care to look...

I just wish people would be honest in their comments and criticisms of our club and its personnel.. :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:37 pm

kyle08 wrote:As Mr tan once said we are "customers" he don't care about us not even in the slightest

It still rattles people when he said that.

Just shows his ignorance of the football culture we follow.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:39 pm

Sven wrote:

I just wish people would be honest in their comments and criticisms of our club and its personnel... :ayatollah:

Aye like those red scarves.

I do recall him paying for the coaches when Derby did Snowgate on us. I'm sure he accommodated one or two other away games.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:42 pm

I’m pretty sure when we had away travel paid for it actually came from the Premier League and not the club?

Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:44 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Sven wrote:

I just wish people would be honest in their comments and criticisms of our club and its personnel... :ayatollah:

I do recall him paying for the coaches when Derby did Snowgate on us. I'm sure he accommodated one or two other away games.

Ha! I knew someone would bring that up! I remember all too well the melee of supporters so desperate to get one that I witnessed grown men intimidating children to surrender theirs...! ;)

Here's a positive one... :ayatollah:

https://www-walesonline-co-uk.cdn.amppr ... nt-2494323

Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:48 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I’m pretty sure when we had away travel paid for it actually came from the Premier League and not the club?

Not always the case, Ned...

I'm not pro-Tan but I understand why he might not be overly fond of a portion of our support. He's caused major issues in his time but had some horrid treatment in return...

Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:49 pm

Sven wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Sven wrote:

Ha! I knew someone would bring that up! I remember all too well the melee of supporters so desperate to get one that I witnessed grown men intimidating children to surrender theirs...! ;)

I remember the night very well.

One guy I knew took a bag to every game. He filled his bag with about 10 scarves then had the cheek to show me. I told him to get out of my sight.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:54 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Sven wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Sven wrote:

One guy I knew took a bag to every game. He filled his bag with about 10 scarves then had the cheek to show me. I told him to get out of my sight.

Ian, lots deny it now and good on you! :clap:

I never took one either but one of my friends did and wore it on the bus to Derby (I think) and Annis nearly strangled him trying to get it off him...!

All in good humour, as he (Annis) then replaced it with a blue one... :clap: :lol:

Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:59 pm

Sven wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Sven wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Sven wrote:

Ian, lots deny it now and good on you! :clap:

I never took one either but one of my friends did and wore it on the bus to Derby (I think) and Annis nearly strangled him trying to get it off him...!

All in good humour, as he (Annis) then replaced it with a blue one... :clap: :lol:

:lol:

I can well imagine.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:04 pm

Ye I remember the red scarf game .I took great delight seeing loads of them floating on top of the piss in the urinals at the canton end

Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:37 pm

skiprat wrote:Ye I remember the red scarf game .I took great delight seeing loads of them floating on top of the piss in the urinals at the canton end

Yeah, yeah! :lol:

Maybe the odd couple but they all went, and I think a couple went on the pitch and the rest went home with their proud (at that point) new owners...

Let's not forget how many red shirts and kit were bought initially, too...

That only stopped when people were verbally and physically abused for wearing them...

Some think that was fair enough but I don't...

I hated the red and welcomed its withdrawal but not enough to do what some did to other supporters. That was a disgrace... :roll:

Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:41 pm

There has been a couple of occasions when we've done something but it's really not enough TBH. Many clubs are guilty of the same though but that doesn't make it right for us.

Our away support is brilliant and more should be done as TBH, it's just taken for granted. We do initiatives and things for home fans, and that's all good but we really do have to look after our away a lot more.

I've traveled a lot and a few years ago some silly bird from Peters Pies turned up with a camera to "interview" them giving a sausage roll to each fan like it was some amazing gesture. She exited the coaches quickly as the said sausage rolls were thrown back at her by some regulars who told her that they worked at the factory and they were made from something she had in common with them, "lips and arseholes".

But seriously, we do need to address this, the club has a record of those who travel regularly, so at least look after them and also the kids, the jacks gave their fans a free home shirt on the last game of one season not so long back, it doesn't have to be a lot, pint and a pie voucher, autographed photos, season ticket wallets, decent discount offers etc etc. Just no f@cking rank lips and arsehole sausage rolls from a Katie Price wannabe.
:laughing6:

Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:15 pm

This is my point. Small gestures is all is needed otherwise its giving the impression us fans are just numbers and we don't matter. But that's Tan and Co for you

Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:46 pm

skiprat wrote:Ye I remember the red scarf game .I took great delight seeing loads of them floating on top of the piss in the urinals at the canton end

;)