Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

45 Points will be safe

Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:40 am

There is a very good predictor at:

https://thefishy.co.uk/calculator1.php

I have run a couple of scenarios and think 45 points will be enough to stay up this season. Clearly we are not going to finish top 6 so, to me, it does appear to be a case of plodding to the end of the season and then buying 2 decent strikers in the summer.

Re: 45 Points will be safe

Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:49 am

Yep and yep

Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:54 am

That would mean City just pick up 4 more points from 13 matches!

If that's how it turns out, I'll end my season early and won't bother attending!

Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:08 pm

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:That would mean City just pick up 4 more points from 13 matches!

If that's how it turns out, I'll end my season early and won't bother attending!

The point I was making is that, in my opinion, we are almost safe and therefore there is very little chance of us getting promoted or relegated (personally I had us on 52 points!)

I think we will just plod to the end of the season and then get two new strikers and get ready for next season.

There are clearly some players who we have who are not up to championship football. But I think if we can get players in over the summer next season could be a lot better.

Personally I would like to see 2 up top. Playing 1 (and 1 who cant score) is part of our problem.

Playing 2 up top, if one is misfiring, then at least you have the 2nd.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:07 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:
Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:That would mean City just pick up 4 more points from 13 matches!

The point I was making is that, in my opinion, we are almost safe and therefore there is very little chance of us getting promoted or relegated (personally I had us on 52 points!)

I think we will just plod to the end of the season and then get two new strikers and get ready for next season.

There are clearly some players who we have who are not up to championship football. But I think if we can get players in over the summer next season could be a lot better.

Personally I would like to see 2 up top. Playing 1 (and 1 who cant score) is part of our problem.

We aren’t creating chances so it doesn’t matter how many we have up there.

Two up top leaves midfield short

Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:00 pm

45 points will defo not be enough as QPR are fighting and doing well. If we lose on Saturday and they beat Rotherham the difference will only be 6 points. We need 49-50.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:47 pm

Tanmustgo

You sound like Bulut! Two up top leaves midfield short? Who cares?

Bulut has been playing 1 striker, 2 defensive midfielders and 2 inverted wingers (who aren't wingers effectively) all season and look at the 5h1t we're in now!

All he needs to do is try 442 for home matches- you never know, with 2 strikers and only 4 midfielders we might score a goal!

Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:35 pm

Does anyone know the difference in finances for every position we finish?

Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:51 pm

SB 1927 wrote:Does anyone know the difference in finances for every position we finish?

Doesn't matter its equal share! Think its around £5m a club

Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:31 pm

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:Tanmustgo

You sound like Bulut! Two up top leaves midfield short? Who cares?

Bulut has been playing 1 striker, 2 defensive midfielders and 2 inverted wingers (who aren't wingers effectively) all season and look at the 5h1t we're in now!

All he needs to do is try 442 for home matches- you never know, with 2 strikers and only 4 midfielders we might score a goal!

We will care if we get over run in midfield.

We don’t have good enough strikers for 442.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:37 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:...it does appear to be a case of plodding to the end of the season and then buying 2 decent strikers in the summer.

Sounds painfully familiar to every recent season except last year's survival battle. Except the strikers never come (Moore aside).

Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:50 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:

Bulut needs to change is philosophy of playing 6 defenders at home have you noticed 4 defenders never go past halfway unless it's a deadball situation? With the two holding midfielders only going 10yrds over halfway that makes 6 players defending so only 4 players to attack no wonder we don't score at home? Example one free kick we had just 4 players In penalty area against 11 defenders!! Crazy crazy situation .. can onl hope next season He as learned enough of championship to change way he approaches home games

Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:22 pm

Tanmustgo wrote:
Paul Keevil wrote:

Hellooo! He was talking next season, not this...! :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:27 pm

Sven wrote:
Tanmustgo wrote:
Paul Keevil wrote:

Hellooo! He was talking next season, not this...! :ayatollah:

So was I. Well as much as he was anyway.