Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bulut actually believes Etete had a good game last night. If

Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:14 am

Bulut actually believes Etete had a good game last night. If ever evidence was needed that the Turk is out of his depth this was it. He didn't even know the date of the Wales-Finland match, an international break. I give up!

At best, Etete is an impact substitute, and that only works if he plays alongside someone who can take the knocks he tries to avoid. He shadow challenges, arrives a split second after the even and runs around like that Sixties puppet Twizzle - "Diddly dumb, diddly dee" Right up there with being the worst striker I have seen in years of watching Cardiff City. We reportedly paid Tottenham £500k for this muppet, had our pants down, methinks.

Re: Bulut actually believes Etete had a good game last night

Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:57 am

Etete is damned until he finally scores.

The commentators were praising his contribution last night like they have done for the last few games. I'm beginning to think these guys are paid to say such things. All they are doing is making fools of themselves. For me Etete showed he is not up for it. It would be good if he tested the goalie when he does get a chance, he is not doing that at all.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:23 am

Don't really see why he should know when Wales game is as will we have anyone involved?

Etete....hmmm, Sven said he had a good game defensively!! Says it all really for a striker LOL.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:26 am

I’m Etetes harshest critic and that was the best I’ve seen him play last night. Doesn’t mean it was good enough but he gave his all.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:44 am

I watched the majority of the game on tv last night so can only speak about what the camera showed. He seemed to be trying but half arsed at times, not sure if it's a lack of desire or laziness or even sharpness but he seemed to pull out of alot of times he could of nicked the ball to save having a knock. Or arrived a split second to late which again gave the impression of half hearted attempts. He gives the impression of needing someone with him to play off as mentioned above this lone striker helps noone.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:58 am

And actually Bulut was correct……, Etete put in a decent shift last night. Sometimes he doesnt work hard enough. But He tried harder to compete challenge tackle and press, and linked play well on the whole. He had one chance and he worked their keeper.
I do think he needs to develop further. I hope that Djaudjou (wrong spelling so Hey Jude to me) proves a decent option.

But last night Etete was one of our better players.We are not spoiled for choice upfront and if a young player is working hard for the shirt and improving, then he doesn’t deserve to be singled out for criticism. I think its what they call “looking for scapegoats” and jumping on the bandwagon”. Move on.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:16 am

I thought he was decent 1st half tbh. But 54 appearances in total and 5 goals since he's been here tells me it's only one half of one game tbh.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:22 am

Underhill1927 wrote:I’m Etetes harshest critic and that was the best I’ve seen him play last night. Doesn’t mean it was good enough but he gave his all.

Yes I’d agree with that.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:03 am

Erol has to try and give him some confidence somehow - what do you expect him to do slag him off and hang him out to dry?!

We need to get a tune out of him somehow as he basically our only option (still not seen anything from Diedhiou to convince me he can play football)

Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:18 pm

JulesK wrote:Don't really see why he should know when Wales game is as will we have anyone involved?

Etete....hmmm, Sven said he had a good game defensively!! Says it all really for a striker LOL.

I did say that, Jules; and it is a worry... :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:46 pm

Lengee wrote:And actually Bulut was correct……, Etete put in a decent shift last night. Sometimes he doesnt work hard enough. But He tried harder to compete challenge tackle and press, and linked play well on the whole. He had one chance and he worked their keeper.
I do think he needs to develop further. I hope that Djaudjou (wrong spelling so Hey Jude to me) proves a decent option.

But last night Etete was one of our better players.We are not spoiled for choice upfront and if a young player is working hard for the shirt and improving, then he doesn’t deserve to be singled out for criticism. I think its what they call “looking for scapegoats” and jumping on the bandwagon”. Move on.

KARLAN GRANT should be our centre forward as he showed again last night. Would run in behind the defence, has tricks up his sleeve and good pace. Pity our stubborn manager still can't see what's in front of him!!!

Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:59 pm

Etete spent more time break dancing on the grass than up right.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:06 pm

You score goals when your allowed to play in opposition penalty area etete and other forwards play 10yrds inside opponents half by design it seems? Poor etete was doing a midfielders job battling to get ball but with no one backing him up! At one stage we had free kick 40yrds out but we actually had 7 players 40yrds or more away from penalty area .... etete off pitch, 2 for free kick , 1 halfway line, and 2 10yrds away from him! (Mustn't forget goalie) leaving 4 players against 11 in area......And people criticise etete think wrong person is being criticised here