Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Erol Bulut: I am satisfied as I think we got our Confidence

Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:54 am

Cardiff City 0 Blackburn 0

Cardiff only win 1 game in last 7 games / 5 defeats:

Won 4 games in last 17 games:

Erol Bulut:

‘I’m satisfied when we look at previous weeks. It was not easy, as confidence has been lost, so it was important to get that back and I think we got it back.”We pressed really well and we didn’t allow many runs in behind. We just have to be sharper with the ball and more aggressive.”

“We were more aggressive against the ball. Our wingers worked well, the only thing that was missing was the goal."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Erol Bulut: I am satisfied as I think we got our Confide

Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:57 am

BBC:

Cardiff have lost five of their last six league games, the only win in that sequence being a 1-0 win at Watford at the start of the month.

Since 1 December, no Championship side has lost more games than Cardiff. Blackburn and Rotherham have also been beaten nine times.

In that same spell, only Rotherham (9) have scored fewer goals than Cardiff (10) while the Bluebirds have the worst goal difference (-16).

Cardiff have not won at home since a 1-0 win over Millwall on 9 December, picking up just one point from the five games since then.

That run has seen them lose their last three at the Cardiff City Stadium (against Leicester, Leeds and Preston) while failing to find the net in all three.

Cardiff are third lowest for shots on goal in the division.

Blackburn are winless in seven games on the road, although they did end a six-game losing away run with Saturday's 2-2 draw at Preston.

They have conceded at least one goal in each of their last 15 league games.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:29 am

Also their first clean sheet in 17 games. And let's be honest, we didn't really threaten a team that can't defend and we were at home.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:00 am

Forever Blue wrote:Also their first clean sheet in 17 games. And let's be honest, we didn't really threaten a team that can't defend and we were at home.

And that is where the real problem is. We didn't even test their keeper.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:20 am

His interview is strange, he's just too chilled and laid back for me. Is it because he's lost interest and doesn't care what happens to him or is that just the way he is?

Can definitely see why the motivation, fight and will to win in the players isn't there.

I don't know...10 more points needed to get us to 51 and guaranted safety

Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:43 am

Maloby_Blue wrote:His interview is strange, he's just too chilled and laid back for me. Is it because he's lost interest and doesn't care what happens to him or is that just the way he is?

Can definitely see why the motivation, fight and will to win in the players isn't there.

I don't know...10 more points needed to get us to 51 and guaranted safety

I think 51 will be a bit of a stretch for most of the teams below us but yes if we can get there then great. The sooner the better.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:45 am

Seems he’s lost interest and couldn’t give a shit , probably wants to get sacked ,
Didn’t get any of his players in , he had no communication with tan until the end of January so probably thinks f**k this ,get me bak to Turkey

Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:59 pm

Richy roofer ccfc wrote:Seems he’s lost interest and couldn’t give a shit , probably wants to get sacked ,
Didn’t get any of his players in , he had no communication with tan until the end of January so probably thinks f**k this ,get me bak to Turkey

To be fair, you don't genuinely know that. It's just an opinion forged by a sudden dislike...

From where I was sat, Erol Bulut looked pretty animated at times, which indicated he 'cares' about the team...

There seems to be a gathering 'sack the manager' campaign developing not too long after the same people were saying 'give a manager time to develop a team'

It worries me that our support base (plus the armchair critics on here) are so set on changing things as soon as the going gets tough.

I don't know if Erol Bulut or any manager will 'develop' the club under Vincent Tan, but I do know if we don't give someone an extended chance, we will continue in a continuous spiral of changing manager and players at an alarming rate; and that cannot be great for anyone...

Patience is required right now... :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:54 pm

It worries me that he was satisfied with that.

Fans will accept defeats or draws if we play attacking, but we don’t. It’s so dull to watch.

Lost all hope that he’ll turn things around.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:28 pm

Sven wrote:
Richy roofer ccfc wrote:Seems he’s lost interest and couldn’t give a shit , probably wants to get sacked ,

To be fair, you don't genuinely know that. It's just an opinion forged by a sudden dislike...

From where I was sat, Erol Bulut looked pretty animated at times, which indicated he 'cares' about the team...

There seems to be a gathering 'sack the manager' campaign developing not too long after the same people were saying 'give a manager time to develop a team'

It worries me that our support base (plus the armchair critics on here) are so set on changing things as soon as the going gets tough.

I don't know if Erol Bulut or any manager will 'develop' the club under Vincent Tan, but I do know if we don't give someone an extended chance, we will continue in a continuous spiral of changing manager and players at an alarming rate; and that cannot be great for anyone...

No of course I don’t know that , it just comes across that way to me , just the way things have changed with him and the players , I kept looking over at him last night and he didn’t seem animated to me , maybe i missed it . His mad decisions on selection and his comments are a bit strange .
I totally agree with you that a manger needs time and I’m all for it but the way it’s going we are gonna be in a relegation battle pretty soon , things have deffo changed with him and who knows why ?

Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:01 pm

Richy roofer ccfc wrote:
Sven wrote:

No of course I don’t know that , it just comes across that way to me , just the way things have changed with him and the players , I kept looking over at him last night and he didn’t seem animated to me , maybe i missed it . His mad decisions on selection and his comments are a bit strange .
I totally agree with you that a manger needs time and I’m all for it but the way it’s going we are gonna be in a relegation battle pretty soon , things have deffo changed with him and who knows why ?

Thank you... :thumbup:

He says not in his article and I ask if the reality in difference is that we scored a few then but now it has dried up somewhat...?

Not aiming this at you but I often feel our support is fickle to the point of their mood moving solely with results...

I actually thought our suppirters in the stadium last night were pretty good to the team and their only groan was the ineffectiveness of Wintle's dead-ball kicks... :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:24 pm

Sven wrote:
Richy roofer ccfc wrote:
Sven wrote:

Thank you... :thumbup:

He says not in his article and I ask if the reality in difference is that we scored a few then but now it has dried up somewhat...?

Not aiming this at you but I often feel our support is fickle to the point of their mood moving solely with results...

I actually thought our suppirters in the stadium last night were pretty good to the team and their only groan was the ineffectiveness of Wintle's dead-ball kicks... :ayatollah:

Goals have dried up maybe cos Ramsey is missing , or it’s something deeper in squad ?
We are all baffled ,
If we were losing games but playing nice football and creating chances then I would be happy for bulut to stay but I didn’t think we would go this bad , that’s why I have changed my mind on him , maybe Ramsey was holding the team together at the start with o dowda?
Where are you in stadium Sven ?
Where I am in canton there was no one happy with the football last night and the atmosphere was terrible,
Let’s just hope we get a win Saturday or even a bloody goal at home , I’m normally optimistic but I just can’t see anything getting better .
I hope I’m wrong svenoo :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:54 pm

The Cardiff boss felt the performance in the drab draw with Blackburn was improved and wants to build on that against the Potters, who are 19th, five places and six points below Cardiff in the Championship table.

Bulut said: "Confidence is very important. [Against Blackburn] we got back a little bit with more positive things.

"With more confidence at the weekend against Stoke, I hope with the really big support again from our fans to give them three points and everybody will be happy at the weekend."