Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ AS SAID ON HERE / RAMSEY OUT LONGER “

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:41 pm

The other day it was said on here 4-6 weeks, Buluts bullshit like he has said on most injuries only a week or two, then bang 6 weeks etc etc

Erol Bulut:

"With Ramsey, the situation, what we spoke last time, I got a report it was a strain, but yesterday I heard it was not a strain on the muscle, it was on the tendon," Bulut said. "He will be available, maybe the end of March, beginning of April.

Ramsey played 7 games mainly 45 mins a game out of 39 League & Cup games.

Basic Wage £40,000 a week.

We all wanted Ramsey including Myself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ AS SAID ON HERE / RAMSEY OUT LONGER “

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:45 pm

We can't blame Bulut, the club or Ramsey. Every one of us was guilty of the romance of his return, the reality is obviously much different

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:48 pm

llan bluebird wrote:We can't blame Bulut, the club or Ramsey. Every one of us was guilty of the romance of his return, the reality is obviously much different

Who blamed Bulut???

I am on about always telling us players are only out for a week etc then it ends up weeks. Even months

Bulut never even signed Ramsey.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:52 pm

But yes we all wanted Ramsey, even though we knew his career was coming to an end and known for injuries.

But if you asked me now , I would accept him retiring.

We can’t afford a player who never plays.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:53 pm

Who signed Ramsey?

The club hasn't learned from Fower, Sinclair and JFH.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:54 pm

stickywicket wrote:Who signed Ramsey?

It was not Bulut.

The Transfer Committee.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:21 pm

Last season he did play quite a lot for Nice and performed well think its just been typical Cardiff City bad luck. Its not Ramsey's fault you could see he was well up for it at the start of the season. Should just give him light training sessions no training games and use him wisely in games.

Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:44 pm

royalblue wrote:Last season he did play quite a lot for Nice and performed well think its just been typical Cardiff City bad luck. Its not Ramsey's fault you could see he was well up for it at the start of the season. Should just give him light training sessions no training games and use him wisely in games.

Agree - And most of us were more than happy when he came back home to us this season :bluebird:

Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:04 am

No idea why the board even signed him hes to injury prone and his record says that plus he cost big money every week. OK being decent playing but what's 1 or 2 game every 2 to 3 months :banghead:

Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:05 am

Gutted, didn't think we'd get many games out of him but 7! Just rotten luck and I bet he's as gutted as us. Agree though, his body is telling him that's it so hopefully he'll retire at the end of the season and we can put his wage to better use.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:23 am

That JFH goal v Wolves was phenomenal and set us up for a cup run to the final. One of the best goals I saw at Ninian park the step over is wild

Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:37 am

kav_8 wrote:

That JFH goal v Wolves was phenomenal and set us up for a cup run to the final. One of the best goals I saw at Ninian park the step over is wild

Agree; JFH was a class act even at that age and personally I wanted him to stay...

Equally, I felt the same about Robbie Fowler and I feel the same about Rambo...

These players don't come around these parts often, so when they do, let's embrace them rather than knock them down at every opportunity...

Rambo is one of our own, he needs our support, so let's give it; next year could be a pivotal one for us and we need him around on and off the field of play... :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:51 am

Well said Sven he’s a good boy Rambo a great servant for wales to .its a pleasure to have him back here were he started his career such a talented welsh lad born and raised as a bluebird

Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:31 am

royalblue wrote:Last season he did play quite a lot for Nice and performed well.

Total played
Started
Minutes per game
Team of the week
Average rating
Goals
Assists

He started <50% of matches for Nice and of those, ~85% starts lasted <65mins. He hasn't been match fit for years.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:56 am

BBC:

Aaron Ramsey is set to miss both the Severnside Derby and the South Wales Derby through injury.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:42 am

Did you say this when he signed?

How many years ago did they sign? JFH and Sinclair actually had decent seasons. JFH significantly improved those around him. Ledley being one. Scored about 10 that season from left wing. Never got close to that again.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:50 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
royalblue wrote:Last season he did play quite a lot for Nice and performed well think its just been typical Cardiff City bad luck. Its not Ramsey's fault you could see he was well up for it at the start of the season. Should just give him light training sessions no training games and use him wisely in games.

Agree - And most of us were more than happy when he came back home to us this season :bluebird:

Agree also we were all more than singing his praise at start of season especially first few games and win over jacks

Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:56 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

Agree also we were all more than singing his praise at start of season especially first few games and win over jacks

I personally was well chuffed when Ramsey Signed for us

No it’s it’s not worked out, No one’s fault.

But if I was given the chance to let him go now, a big YES from me.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:01 pm

Tanmustgo wrote:

Did you say this when he signed?

How many years ago did they sign? JFH and Sinclair actually had decent seasons. JFH significantly improved those around him. Ledley being one. Scored about 10 that season from left wing. Never got close to that again.

Sinclair pkayed 21 games 1 goal.. JFH 36 Games 7 goals. He, wanted fo come back couldn't argee terms. As, for Ramsey I, feared this would happen